Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2017, 14:50   #25141
nmo
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Why take any chance when you know there is an issue with the phone. Keep pestering them with calls everyday for replacement of phone and they will do it on the third day.

This has happened with me with FK. There was a problem of call disconnect with my Asus Zenfone 2 I had bought last year but FK did some diagnosis while connecting online and said the phone was alright and cancelled my replacement request. But I raised a request again and kept on calling them for two days and they replaced without any options.

KK
Thanks, Mate. Shall do as advised by you.
Old 3rd January 2017, 15:42   #25142
BHPian

On Sunday i.e. 01-Jan, I upgraded my One Plus 3T to Oxygen OS 4. All went through fine and now moved to Android N. The only issue faced so far is that I cannot switch users from the settings -> users option.

Has anybody faced a similar problem or know how to switch users?
Old 3rd January 2017, 16:00   #25143
BHPian

Purchased the OnePlus 3T this morning from Amazon. Expected delivery tomorrow evening. This is for my wife who has been using iOS since 2010 . I hope she makes the switch seamlessly. She has an android TAB that she uses intermittently, so thought would go for the OnePlus. Wanted a dual sim phone for Jio...
Old 3rd January 2017, 19:11   #25144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Purchased the OnePlus 3T this morning from Amazon. Expected delivery tomorrow evening. This is for my wife who has been using iOS since 2010 . I hope she makes the switch seamlessly. She has an android TAB that she uses intermittently, so thought would go for the OnePlus. Wanted a dual sim phone for Jio...

let me know if it comes with any protective casing.
Amazon is promoting a silicon type casing along with the phone purchase.

Thinking of getting one as well.
Old 3rd January 2017, 19:38   #25145
Senior - BHPian

Those same cases are available on PayTM with 30% cashback, give it a try. I bought Nillkin one. Spigen is also available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post

Amazon is promoting a silicon type casing along with the phone purchase.

Thinking of getting one as well.
Old 3rd January 2017, 20:12   #25146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman
Check the relevant Asus phones. I think their camera for their laser series is fairly decent and often better than what you read about in reviews. A friend loved his prev gen Zenfone 6 esp for the camera.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan
Go for moto g4+ as camera quality is a priority. Otherwise Redmi 3S, RN 3 and LeEco Le2 are great.
Sorry the budget has been lowered and is fixed at 10K.
The phone would be for my wife.
She uses WhatsApp, and the Primary Camera would also be used frequently (not everyday though). And she does not like 'Hanging' phones. The other requirements posted earlier remain same.

So I had finalised Redmi 3S Prime (32GB). But the "Sale Buy" Process is not enticing.
Any other option for me? Which Asus Zenfone is good in camera quality in <10K?
Is Moto G 4th Gen good in Camera department? If yes, I would go for the 16GB version if I could not fetch the Redmi 3S Prime in tomorrow sale.
Old 3rd January 2017, 20:43   #25147
Senior - BHPian

I am ready to buy non-famous (not infamous) Brand's phone if its good and meet my requirements.
Mods, please merge this post with above.
Old 3rd January 2017, 21:42   #25148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This has happened with me with FK. There was a problem of call disconnect with my Asus Zenfone 2 I had bought last year but FK did some diagnosis while connecting online and said the phone was alright
If that was even possible, wouldn't it be a major security issue?

Guys: is this possible? I don't even like an ISP having access to my router, let alone a sales company having access to my phone.
Old 3rd January 2017, 21:45   #25149
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Guys: is this possible? I don't even like an ISP having access to my router, let alone a sales company having access to my phone.
Thad, Flipkart will ask you to install their diagnostic app to do this test. After that you can uninstall the app.
Old 3rd January 2017, 21:55   #25150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Thad, Flipkart will ask you to install their diagnostic app to do this test. After that you can uninstall the app.
Yes Vid is right. I had to install an App and run it as asked by FK technician and then based on the report showed by the App they assess whether mobile has any mechanical or manufacturing defect.

Sorry for not elaborating it earlier.

KK
Old 4th January 2017, 10:43   #25151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Phone delivered today at 10:30am, approx 24 hrs with free prime shipping. Box does not contain anything other than phone, cable and charger. No headphones. Have ordered a soft tpu based outer case and a tempered glass from eBay. should get it in a day or two.
Old 4th January 2017, 15:46   #25152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Quote:
Yes Vid is right. I had to install an App and run it as asked by FK technician and then based on the report showed by the App they assess whether mobile has any mechanical or manufacturing defect.

Sorry for not elaborating it earlier.

KK
No problem; thanks for the clarification. OK so I'm paranoid, but it still leaves me a little uncomfortable.
Old 6th January 2017, 01:11   #25153
BHPian

My phone Samsung Galaxy S3 finally conked off after serving me for good 4.5 years. I am now in the market for a new phone with a budget of 15K.

I have been reading about RedMi phones and my colleague bought a RedMi Note 3 recently and is quite happy with the phone. He received a marshmallow update as well.
I was browsing their site and found that Redmi 3S+ has a better processor (Octacore) compared to Note 3's hexa core and Note3 comes with 3GB RAM that is better than 3S+ with 2GB RAM.

I am now confused between these 2 phones and also 3S+ is offline exclusive. So I have to visit a store to buy one (Need to find where it is available). I am very conservative when it comes to phones and intend to keep the phone for a long time.

Any recommendations? I am open to other brands if they are better.
Old 6th January 2017, 07:41   #25154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_elegance View Post
I was browsing their site and found that Redmi 3S+ has a better processor (Octacore) compared to Note 3's hexa core......
Never be fooled by relating performance to the number of cores in the chipset. You're statement is like saying Fords 1.5 Petrol is better than the 1.0 Ecoboost because it has got 1 extra cylinder.

Coming to your question, I'm sure Moto G4 plus would be a good buy at the price point. I would give the victory to Moto G4 plus because of it's camera and stock android. Personal opinion- but I hate MIUI.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 6th January 2017 at 07:42.
Old 6th January 2017, 10:13   #25155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_elegance View Post
My phone Samsung Galaxy S3 finally conked off after serving me for good 4.5 years. I am now in the market for a new phone with a budget of 15K.

Any recommendations? I am open to other brands if they are better.
I recommend G4 Plus being a user from the day one of its release in India. Its a wonderful and no non-sense phone at the price range with the stock android. Also to mention, it has already received Nougat update and there are a few very good features like shortcuts, multi screen view etc.

KK

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks