Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2017, 12:13   #25156
nmo
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Why take any chance when you know there is an issue with the phone. Keep pestering them with calls everyday for replacement of phone and they will do it on the third day.

This has happened with me with FK. There was a problem of call disconnect with my Asus Zenfone 2 I had bought last year but FK did some diagnosis while connecting online and said the phone was alright and cancelled my replacement request. But I raised a request again and kept on calling them for two days and they replaced without any options.

KK
My replacement woes with Flipkart continue. I posted the issue on Lenovo support forum and the agent confirmed that the phone would need repair.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/K-and-V...g/td-p/3528832

FK scheduled a technician visit who visited our home on Jan 4th, reset the phone, changed some settings but the phone resumed its errant behavior shortly after he had left. I sent another mail to FK Customer Service informing them that the problem has not been rectified. They just seem to be buying time and I have no option except to send them a mail daily requesting for replacement of the phone.

Today, I have posted a video on the issue on Youtube and have sent them a link for reference:

Let us see if something positive comes out of this.
Old 7th January 2017, 12:20   #25157
BHPian

Got Moto Z Play from FK by exchanging with Nexus5, at Rs 18k. Even though older phone casing was bit cracked, there was no issue with exchange.

Smooth phone so far, with decent cam and amazing battery life. Able to stretch to 2+ days with mixed use.Waiting for Nougat experience now.
Old 7th January 2017, 12:32   #25158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmo View Post
My replacement woes with Flipkart continue. I posted the issue on Lenovo support forum and the agent confirmed that the phone would need repair.

Let us see if something positive comes out of this.
Any update here. Also why don't you post on their FB page posting this video.

KK

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 7th January 2017 at 12:56.
Old 7th January 2017, 12:53   #25159
BHPian

My Mum is currently using a Lumia 630 and seems to love it for its ease of use and simplicity and lack of lag, hanging etc. The phone is almost 3 yrs old now. I think it can continue for another couple of months. But I want her to shift to Android or and iOS. But since her insistence is she doesn't want an expensive phone that practically rules out iOS. Any suggestion on the ideal android phone under 20k which will be easy to use and is durable? Also a good camera is a plus. Thanks in advance.
Old 7th January 2017, 18:53   #25160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Never be fooled by relating performance to the number of cores in the chipset. You're statement is like saying Fords 1.5 Petrol is better than the 1.0 Ecoboost because it has got 1 extra cylinder.

Coming to your question, I'm sure Moto G4 plus would be a good buy at the price point. I would give the victory to Moto G4 plus because of it's camera and stock android. Personal opinion- but I hate MIUI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
I recommend G4 Plus being a user from the day one of its release in India. Its a wonderful and no non-sense phone at the price range with the stock android. Also to mention, it has already received Nougat update and there are a few very good features like shortcuts, multi screen view etc.

KK
Thank you

You tend to think there is no replacement for displacement all the time. So thought Octa was better than hexa.

Moto G4 Plus is now on top of my list. Any feedback on HTC phones? They seem to be having few models in this range.
Old 7th January 2017, 19:30   #25161
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_elegance View Post
You tend to think there is no replacement for displacement all the time. So thought Octa was better than hexa....

It's all about usable performance, just like cars .

No point having a theoretical beast under the hood if the auxiliaries are out of sync with it.

My budget Moto G3 is far smoother usability-wise compared to my Droid Turbo.
Old 7th January 2017, 19:50   #25162
BANNED

Tablet for reading

Anyone using a tablet for reading?

My purpose is casual reading - art related books mainly, these will have lot of images.
I can read them online or offline, since some websites offer pdf downloads as well, but not other formats.

I have tried to read on my PC, even using the screen dimmer app F.lux, but I didn't find reading on screen comfortable.

So I want to know how much would reading on a tablet differ?

I am considering Lenovo tab3 Essential (7in), priced around 4.5K. Most reviews about it are good. Some people on flipkart, amazon mention that they are using this tab for reading and find it ok.

Or -
1. should I make up my mind for ipad mini 2? I find it expensive.
2. get a single function colour printer under 5K. .
Old 7th January 2017, 21:18   #25163
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tablet for reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhead View Post

My purpose is casual reading - art related books mainly, these will have lot of images.
I don't think reading extensively from a backlit screen is good for the eye. A kindle might not suit your needs, but I think you should try the apple devices. They seem to have great displays.

Try finding some tablet sized device like the Yotafone. E-ink screen behind for text, LCD in the front.

Best option: (along with a reader)

Quote:
2. get a single function colour printer under 5K. .
Old 7th January 2017, 21:24   #25164
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tablet for reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhead View Post

I can read them online or offline, since some websites offer pdf downloads as well, but not other formats.
been using tab for ebook reading for some time now. with the moonreader app, you can select blue light filters, adjust background colours and many more such options which your eyes will be thankful for.

and after an hour of continuous reading a huge warning pops up reminding you to relax your eyes and the pop up goes only after 60 secs.

but still can't kindle for e books i guess
Old 8th January 2017, 19:40   #25165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
been using tab for ebook
but still can't kindle for e books i guess
And could you please share which tab you are using? I'm looking to replace my nexus 7 2013 that had a bad fall.
Old 8th January 2017, 19:52   #25166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
My Mum is currently using a Lumia 630 and seems to love it for its ease of use and simplicity and lack of lag, hanging etc. The phone is almost 3 yrs old now. I think it can continue for another couple of months. But I want her to shift to Android or and iOS. But since her insistence is she doesn't want an expensive phone that practically rules out iOS. Any suggestion on the ideal android phone under 20k which will be easy to use and is durable? Also a good camera is a plus. Thanks in advance.
I don't think you need to rule out iOS completely. I guess the iPhone 5s does fall well within your budget range. Considering ease of use and smoothness no android phone can match iOS.
Old 8th January 2017, 21:43   #25167
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Any recommendations for a flagship phone under 5 inches? Preferably 4.5/4.7 inches? No Apple products please. Decent storage, 64 GB at least, a fast phone, no lag or bloat. 45K is the upper mark for the phone's budget.
I got a Samsung A5 2016 edition as a stop-gap arrangement and don't really like the size and a bit of lag. Battery life and camera is good.
Got Samsung S7. Good phone and most importantly, decent size. While I used to think my erstwhile 5S was perfect in size [even went ahead to get the SE, but it was NA, iPhone 7 was pretty expensive and I didn't want another Apple product because of network issues in case it needs to be restored]

I think I am going to keep this phone. It is fast and camera is better than the one in 6S. Checked under most lightning conditions, but that wasn't my criteria. I am happy with this purchase.

BTW, got 16,000 for a 2 month old A5 ['16]
Old 9th January 2017, 11:21   #25168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
I don't think you need to rule out iOS completely. I guess the iPhone 5s does fall well within your budget range. Considering ease of use and smoothness no android phone can match iOS.
I considered the 5S but than I'm not sure about its longevity with a 2 to 3 years time frame. IOS would be best for her considering that everyone in my family is on IOS except me! If the software support from various other third party apps and even IOS is assured for next 3 yrs I'll definitely put Iphone 5s in contention. But again it comes in only the 16 gb avataar and my mother is fond of storing pictures and videos and I guess 16gb will fall short for her after an year's usage.

Last edited by abs182 : 9th January 2017 at 11:23.
Old 9th January 2017, 13:26   #25169
BHPian

Finally ordered the elusive OnePlus 3T - was delivered last Friday. Initial impressions are good. Good form factor, very very snappy, love Oxygen OS, nice clean Android experience with really good customization options. Seriously good camera (both front and back) along with a very fast FP reader.

Having said that, you have to put on a back cover almost permanently on the phone due to the protruding camera lens and the metal back (which kind of sours the whole experience). Also, it is not quite the looker as compared to OnePlus X, then there are some software quirks which not unique to phones but are quirks anyway - like you cannot touch the battery bar to straightaway jump to the graphical interface, same with dates and calendar. You can only have 9 shortcuts on the notifications bar is also a bummer. These things work flawlessly in OPX.

However, these are things that can be fixed with a OTA update, hope OP does it sooner than later.
Old 9th January 2017, 13:45   #25170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
I considered the 5S but than I'm not sure about its longevity with a 2 to 3 years time frame. IOS would be best for her considering that everyone in my family is on IOS except me! If the software support from various other third party apps and even IOS is assured for next 3 yrs I'll definitely put Iphone 5s in contention. But again it comes in only the 16 gb avataar and my mother is fond of storing pictures and videos and I guess 16gb will fall short for her after an year's usage.
Pretty sure it is covered for the next 2-3 years considering it already hosts the latest iOS. Space can be a issue though

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks