Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2017, 22:17   #25216
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Is there a good App for Calendar syncing or something similar ? I want something my delivery boys can have on their phone such that if I get a call for a pickup, I can update my calendar and the staff gets an update and one of them can confirm that they will be picking it up.
Old 16th January 2017, 14:37   #25217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Has anyone got Nougat update on their Oneplus 3 or 3T? I have a 3T still on OOS 3.4. waiting to try out Nougat. Don't want to do the manual process
I have upgraded my 3T on the 01st Jan using a vpn connecting to Canada. The only issue I have noticed is that I can't switch users now, otherwise its fine.
Old 16th January 2017, 16:29   #25218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
The contacts are not a problem, its the text messages which are becoming a pain. I've tried NFC also to transfer but for some god-forsaken reason, it just won't go through. Any other leads for text messages?

Thanks.
did you check this out? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...p/9nblgggz57gm
Old 16th January 2017, 17:01   #25219
Senior - BHPian

RJK, try an app called "Copy my Data". I believe it works on Nokia phones as well. Download the app on both phones and follow the flow which is very easy.

Let me know if it works.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 16th January 2017 at 17:05.
Old 16th January 2017, 20:37   #25220
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

I am encountering a strange problem with my Redmi Note 3.
Lately it doesn't catch Wifi signals strongly and even if it does, it does not do so at its optimum speed.
Initially I thought it is a fault with Airtel. Their technicians came and checked everything, and later changed the router and checked with their own phones and it showed the correct speed of 8 mbps. Even I thought the router was a fault.
But later, I checked the speed from a different phone and even that showed full strength at 8 mbps but my phone was stuck at 3-3.5 mbps.

Any pointers on what the issue can be and how can this issue be solved?

EDIT: Also note than moving even 10 feet away from the router lost half the signal strength on my phone but on other phones, it remains full

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 16th January 2017 at 20:38.
Old 16th January 2017, 22:57   #25221
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
RJK, try an app called "Copy my Data". I believe it works on Nokia phones as well. Download the app on both phones and follow the flow which is very easy.

Let me know if it works.

Cheers
Hey Cyborg - Just looked through Microsoft store, unable to find the app that you suggested. Transferring data from Windows has been a very painful task.

I also downloaded a 3rd party computer software called syncios which is supposed to do this cross platform transfer but that won't recognise this windows phone either! :banghead:
Old 16th January 2017, 23:54   #25222
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Transferring data from Windows has been a very painful task.

When my wife moved from a Windows phone to Android, we could find no possible way to transfer the SMS messages. She's never going to touch another Windows phone ever!
Old 17th January 2017, 00:08   #25223
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
When my wife moved from a Windows phone to Android, we could find no possible way to transfer the SMS messages. She's never going to touch another Windows phone ever!
I can't for the life of me remember it now, but there was an app that moved SMSes over a BT/WiFi Direct connection between Windows Phone and Android. It wasn't in the obvious places but I managed to find it trawling some WP fora when my better half made the same transition sometime last year.

The free version was limited to 200 SMS or some such and couldn't do bulk batch moves, while a paid version had no restrictions.

Windows Phone gets unquestionably painful due to lacking app and services support, but the clean and intuitive UI is sweet.

P.S. Found it in Android app history. It's called VMG Converter by publisher Animated Oak Entertainment.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 17th January 2017 at 00:14.
Old 17th January 2017, 00:54   #25224
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Cyborg - Just looked through Microsoft store, unable to find the app that you suggested. Transferring data from Windows has been a very painful task.

I also downloaded a 3rd party computer software called syncios which is supposed to do this cross platform transfer but that won't recognise this windows phone either! :banghead:
Even I faced the same issue while switching from Lumia (windows) to Android. I had to sync my contacts with outlook using my Microsoft live account on the Lumia & then downloaded outlook on Android. On Android login to the outlook app with the same Microsoft live ID & then go contacts & select 'outlook' in display contact from option.
Old 17th January 2017, 01:09   #25225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have been using Lumia 730 since 2 years as my official phone. It's simple UI is handy and never get any issues so far.
The app name is Transfer my data which I used earlier to transfer contacts from IP 5s to Lumia 730.
I am not sure about reverse copy. Try it.
Old 17th January 2017, 13:30   #25226
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
My daughter [18 months old] has the habit of misusing my wife's phone. Any strong phone recommended which won't fall apart easily? 32 or 64 GB would be prefereed. Price = <20K

Thanks
If you find one, please let me know .
My 2 and 1/2 year old almost totaled my wife's MotoX play.
Old 17th January 2017, 15:29   #25227
Senior - BHPian

Got OnePlus 3T for my dad (finally got tired waiting for a discount and gave up!)

Upgraded to Andoroid 7 (VPN to Canada) and then handed over the phone to him.

Noticed an issue that incoming SMS and calls do not work to his Reliance Communication 4G SIM (no matter if you put that in slot 1 or 2), but work fine for his MTNL SIM.

After spending several hours figured out that I have to turn off WiFi, connect to Mobile data and then the calls and SMS work. After few minutes, I can turn off mobile data and turn on WiFi and the problem does not come again.

Not ideal, but still manageable for now until I figure out the root cause.

In other news, lost my LYF FLAME 2 with Jio and Reliance 4G SIM's inside during train travel.
The cops did not entertain me when I asked to file an FIR. They were OK to file a missing report.
Jio disabled my SIM when I called them. Reliance said they have no system in place to disable 4G SIM's. I have to go to the store to get it done (and I need to carry proper identification for that as well).
Old 17th January 2017, 15:55   #25228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Noticed an issue that incoming SMS and calls do not work to his Reliance Communication 4G SIM (no matter if you put that in slot 1 or 2), but work fine for his MTNL SIM.

After spending several hours figured out that I have to turn off WiFi, connect to Mobile data and then the calls and SMS work. After few minutes, I can turn off mobile data and turn on WiFi and the problem does not come again.
Is the sim Reliance Jio or Reliance Communications? With Jio, it does have issue with LTE calls. The calls can be completed only on Jio network. You cannot be on home wifi for the calls. This is what I face everytime. For completing calls, I have to switch off wifi.
Old 17th January 2017, 15:59   #25229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Is the sim Reliance Jio or Reliance Communications? With Jio, it does have issue with LTE calls. The calls can be completed only on Jio network. You cannot be on home wifi for the calls. This is what I face everytime. For completing calls, I have to switch off wifi.
I am referring to Reliance Communications 4G.

@Petrolrider: Try the Otterbox Defender series cases. They provide a lot of protection against abuse.

Last edited by S_U_N : 17th January 2017 at 16:01.
Old 17th January 2017, 23:49   #25230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
I can't for the life of me remember it now, but there was an app that moved SMSes over a BT/WiFi Direct connection between Windows Phone and Android ... ... ... P.S. Found it in Android app history. It's called VMG Converter by publisher Animated Oak Entertainment.
Thank you. I'm sure this information will benefit people.

I don't know why a person obsesses over keeping their entire message history*, but I do know that they should certainly have that choice if they want it.

*But then, I haven't got a family
And seriously there could be many good reasons, both business and personal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks