Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2017, 08:17   #25411
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Anyone thinks otherwise on G5 Plus vs OnePlus 3T (considering the value of each device @ its own price points)?
You're right- OnePlus 3T is more phone for the money than the G5.

Quote:
I think Mi plays the card well in the sub 15K racket and not above.
You're right- Mi prices low-end and mid-range devices will. They had gone mad with the pricing of the Mi5 and I think it'll be the same with Mi6.
Old 17th March 2017, 10:46   #25412
BHPian

Quote:

Anyone thinks otherwise on G5 Plus vs OnePlus 3T (considering the value of each device @ its own price points)?

Edit :
I read about Mi6 coming in May with SD 820/821 processor + 6GB ram, in May and a SD 835 processor later. May be it's just me, but I think Mi plays their card well in the sub 15K bracket and not above.
OP3T is easily a better bang for the buck phone. I was skeptical before buying but now I am not. However if you are indeed stretching yourself, why not wait for the newer version - due sometime around June?

To everyone who is using a OP3T/3 - What tempered glass do you use? I foolishly removed the screen protector that comes with it and now have a few obscure scratches which ruin an otherwise beautiful phone.
Old 17th March 2017, 12:08   #25413
BHPian

I have a Moto g4 plus. Totally disappointed with the Moto g5 specs and present owners no need to upgrade to the g5. On the other hand, ever since the nougat update, g4plus has lost its battery backup. I am barely making it half a day. Did factory reset twice but no use. Can anyone suggest a good battery backup mobile within 9k budget?
Old 17th March 2017, 13:16   #25414
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
....ever since the nougat update, g4plus has lost its battery backup. I am barely making it half a day. Did factory reset twice but no use...
If most users have this problem, am sure Lenovo will work on an update. You might want to wait a bit before buying a new mobile.

If you did a factory reset, I assume you went back to Android 6 and this should have solved the problem right? Are you sure your battery is not faulty?
Old 17th March 2017, 13:43   #25415
BHPian

Quote:
If most users have this problem, am sure Lenovo will work on an update. You might want to wait a bit before buying a new mobile.

If you did a factory reset, I assume you went back to Android 6 and this should have solved the problem right? Are you sure your battery is not faulty?
After factory reset it goes to nougat, not marshmallow. I did check in the Lenovo forums. Many users have reported the poor battery backup issue. The standard reply given by Lenovo was factory reset or clean cache partition ,which doesn't work.
Old 17th March 2017, 14:52   #25416
BHPian

Any phone audiophile around? I'd like to know if anyone has an idea how the OnePlus 3T and V5 Plus stack up against each other. On paper the V5 Plus seems more promising with the 32-bit DAC and all. I have the normal V5 which has 24-bit DAC and sounds pretty sorted. Now want to go for the V5 Plus.
Old 17th March 2017, 15:32   #25417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
What tempered glass do you use?
Got a no brand transparent one from ebay for under 200. It is slightly smaller but does the job. Purchased a white one from AliExpress for about 350 which will use once something happens to the transparent one. Got the AliExpress one in 17 days flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
I'd like to know if anyone has an idea how the OnePlus 3T and V5 Plus stack up against each other.
Am no audiophile but did notice that the songs sounded better from my iPhone when streaming to a Bose via Bluetooth than the OP3T. Tried the same songs from Gaana. Didn't really get into any refinements etc
Old 17th March 2017, 16:45   #25418
BHPian

Will Jio Sim drain battery? I am seeing cell standby as the 1st one in the battery graph details.
Old 17th March 2017, 22:10   #25419
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Any phone audiophile around? I'd like to know if anyone has an idea how the OnePlus 3T and V5 Plus stack up against each other. On paper the V5 Plus seems more promising with the 32-bit DAC and all. I have the normal V5 which has 24-bit DAC and sounds pretty sorted. Now want to go for the V5 Plus.
I am no audiophile but I can recommend the LG V20 and the ZTE Axon 7 based on Youtube reviews. Mindblowing sound quality both of these possess.

Quote:
Can anyone suggest a good battery backup mobile within 9k budget?
A new Redmi phone is coming in three days. I'd suggest wait for it.

http://www.amazon.in/b/ref=s9_acss_b...d_i=1805560031

Else the Redmi 3S Prime seems to be your best bet at that price point.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 23rd March 2017 at 10:45. Reason: merging back to back posts
Old 18th March 2017, 06:46   #25420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
A new Redmi phone is coming in three days. I'd suggest wait for it.
Else the Redmi 3S Prime seems to be your best bet at that price point.
Thank you Oxy! I have also planned to get redmi 3s prime. However before doing that I am going to test my G4 plus using a non jio SIM. I suspect Jio might be eating my battery.
Old 18th March 2017, 09:23   #25421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
I am no audiophile but I can recommend the LG V20 and the ZTE Axon 7 based on Youtube reviews. Mindblowing sound quality both of these possess.
Thanx for the suggestion Oxy. But I'm only considering the two said phones only. No iDevice for me. Have an iPad already.
Old 18th March 2017, 09:55   #25422
BHPian

Quote:
Will Jio Sim drain battery? I am seeing cell standby as the 1st one in the battery graph details.
Check out the signal strength in your area. If you have low signal, then Yes it will drain. Otherwise, I am getting much better backup on my iPhone using Jio sim than airtel. Both have decent coverage in my area.
Old 18th March 2017, 09:56   #25423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Check out the signal strength in your area. If you have low signal, then Yes it will drain. Otherwise, I am getting much better backup on my iPhone using Jio sim than airtel. Both have decent coverage in my area.
Signal is actually very good. I am feeling this issue might be confined to Moto G4 plus models alone.
Old 18th March 2017, 10:04   #25424
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend of mine is facing problems with her Moto G4 Plus, running a fully updated Android Nougat.

Periodically, when in use, the screen's contents start to "shiver" vertically, as though someone is scrolling very rapidly up and down, rendering the phone unusable. Sometimes locking and unlocking the screen stops this, sometimes a restart is required. The phone does not have any manner of screen guard, as it has a flip cover. So it cannot be something from a plastic or tempered screen guard that's interfering with the touch sensor.

Having checked out online reviews, I see that a few other users have reported it with their phones. Recommendations online were to:
  • Disable adaptive brightness
  • Use only the charger provided in the box
  • Repair/replacement was no guarantee of solving the issue

Following these suggestions has cut down the frequency of the issue (or eliminated it altogether). However, disabling adaptive brightness is a pain when using it at different times of the day.

Has anyone else experienced such an issue, or - better still - found an actual solution? More worryingly, the suggestions to avoid the issue seem to indicate it is a hardware issue (e.g. using only the factory charger), since there's no mention of a software update to fix it.

Quote:
After Nougat, many strange issues have started to occur as per the lenovo forums.
Thank you. The first thing done after unboxing the phone was to upgrade to Nougat, so we don't have a pre-Nougat experience to compare it to.

Quote:
Sometimes I regret my choice to buy Moto G4 plus.
I feel worse - I recommended the Moto G4 Plus to my friend based on the past positive experiences among my family/friends circle with the G2 and G3. These issues with the G4, combined with the lacklustre G5, makes it look like Lenovo has dropped the ball after acquiring Motorola's phone business.

Last edited by arunphilip : 18th March 2017 at 10:24.
Old 18th March 2017, 10:12   #25425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
A friend of mine is facing problems with her Moto G4 Plus, running a fully updated Android Nougat.
After Nougat, many strange issues have started to occur as per the lenovo forums. Sometimes I regret my choice to buy Moto G4 plus. Till now I am facing issues only with battery drain.

Last edited by ampere : 18th March 2017 at 12:00. Reason: Trimmed quoted post

Most Viewed