Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2017, 16:15   #25546
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
You can try the LG V20 if you are open to large phones (or the new G6 for better form factor).
I recently moved from a S7 Edge and am very happy with the swap.
Having tried V20, I found the interface to he extremely slow and the build quality below par.
Old 17th April 2017, 19:36   #25547
Team-BHP Support

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
Having tried V20, I found the interface to he extremely slow and the build quality below par.
Interesting... I moved away from the S7 edge for these two reasons - too delicate for my liking, and I prefer LG's UI than the Samsung
Old 17th April 2017, 19:46   #25548
Senior - BHPian

Finally bought oneplus 3t 128 gb black edition. Looks nice. Ordered from amazon and got it within 24 hours.

One thing i noticed. Theres no headphones with this phone. Though i dont need them but i never realised that they wont be there.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1492438375359.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1492438389621.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1492438401943.jpg  

Old 17th April 2017, 20:39   #25549
BHPian

Re: VOLTE on K6 Power?

Does Lenovo K6 Power support VOLTE?

The 'Reliance Digital' guys told me I can make calls only through Jio App installed on the phone as K6 Power does NOT have VOLTE.
Old 17th April 2017, 21:58   #25550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
You can try the LG V20 if you are open to large phones (or the new G6 for better form factor).
I recently moved from a S7 Edge and am very happy with the swap.
Nope, I want the latest Android security patches immediately on my phone to access official emails. Also, I am allergic to very large phones. Will check offers in Croma and hopefully will buy one in a few days. Too scared to change from Android to IOS after so many years
Old 17th April 2017, 23:40   #25551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Nope, I want the latest Android security patches immediately on my phone to access official emails. Also, I am allergic to very large phones. Will check offers in Croma and hopefully will buy one in a few days. Too scared to change from Android to IOS after so many years
You could get a Nexus 6P. It's still being updated with the latest patches and is better looking than the pixel in my opinion.
Old 18th April 2017, 07:45   #25552
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

My sister's facebook account got disabled. She submitted an appeal and sent a scanned passport photo. It's been 11 days & they haven't sent any reply either way. Is there a chance that they will reply after so many days? Can anything be done?
Old 18th April 2017, 09:23   #25553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Also, I am allergic to very large phones. Will check offers in Croma and hopefully will buy one in a few days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
You could get a Nexus 6P. It's still being updated with the latest patches and is better looking than the pixel in my opinion.
The Nexus 6P get the security updates on time, but it is a pretty large phone.

Source: I use one
Old 18th April 2017, 09:58   #25554
BHPian

Re: VOLTE on K6 Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Does Lenovo K6 Power support VOLTE?

The 'Reliance Digital' guys told me I can make calls only through Jio App installed on the phone as K6 Power does NOT have VOLTE.
It does support VOLTE and there is no need of Jio Voice. I am surprised it is available offline as I thought it was Flipkart exclusive.

Also, please be aware of the inherent microphone issue with this particular model. Google for "Lenovo k6 power mic issue" and you will get to know the details.
Old 18th April 2017, 12:20   #25555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Finally bought oneplus 3t 128 gb black edition. Looks nice. Ordered from amazon and got it within 24 hours.

One thing i noticed. Theres no headphones with this phone. Though i dont need them but i never realised that they wont be there.
Wish they came out earlier with this. And yeah, no headphones for a 30k phone is slightly bewildering.

One suggestion - Do not remove the screen protector that was on phone - it is by far the best one I have used. Every tempered glass post it is useless.
Old 18th April 2017, 12:55   #25556
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Congrats, the black edition looks absolutely stunning. I have the original OP3 in silver/titanium finish, which itself is a looker, but the black left me drooling for sure! I am enjoying my OP3 for the past year or so, and have no complaints whatsoever. What amazed me was the speed and regularity with which OP pushes updates to OP3/3T. Frankly, I did not have high expectations on this front, but they even outdo most of the bigger players in the market in re updates.

The absence of headphones is a legacy of the low cost image that OP originally had. However, with the 128GB versions costing INR 35K, that excuse no longer holds good, and high time that they started equipping the retail boxes with a pair of good earphones!

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 18th April 2017 at 12:57.
Old 18th April 2017, 13:06   #25557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
The absence of headphones is a legacy of the low cost image that OP originally had. However, with the 128GB versions costing INR 35K, that excuse no longer holds good, and high time that they started equipping the retail boxes with a pair of good earphones!
Another OP3T user here

I'm actually fine with no headphones with the phone. OP sells Bullet headphones for ~1200 in India through its own store. I'm happy that this cost is not included in the phone and I've the choice to buy any headphones that I prefer.

That being said, OP's accessories are really good. I bought the phone case worth 1200 and it is really good. Textured, grippy, covers the entire phone, looks premium.. Planning to order the curved tempered glass whenever its available again.
Old 18th April 2017, 16:42   #25558
BANNED

Now let us wait for the S8 tomorrow. From the noises I hear it should be a good deal. I need to replace my Motorola soon, as I am waiting for the news.
Old 18th April 2017, 18:00   #25559
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Another OP3T user here
It looks really nice.

I'm not buying, but just wondered what if .

There's a problem, of the standards-standards-standards kind! I've invested a not-trivial amount of money in Quick Charge 2.0 chargers: two in the house and one in the car, and we even have a couple of Quick Charge 3.0 power banks now. Quick Charge 3.0 seems backwards compatible, but Oneplus have gone for.... something else entirely.

Whatever the display, whatever the camera, etc etc, that completely knocks on the head any don't-need-it-but temptation for me.
Old 18th April 2017, 18:35   #25560
Senior - BHPian

Yes it looks stunning and high-end in front of Iphone. I am happy that i didnt go for Iphone even though i would have saved 30K if i had bought Iphone(company provides 30K for Iphone or samsung). I wanted something new,fast,lot of space and sleek. 3T fits the bill perfectly.

I really dont need headphones as i have so many with me that i can even sell them to Oneplus if they want

Thing i dont like is the speaker and its placement. After using HTC these speakers sound crap. Also the placement is irritating specially if you are playing a game. Your right hand tends to cover that lone speaker everytime. So irritating.

Rest no complains so far. It came with a cover for back and also had screen protection. I have never used screen protection ever in my life so will not buy any new one. Will keep the present one till the time it sticks. As for the back, i dont want to spoil the sleek black looks of the phone (thats the reason i bought this one right) but i am little scared that this phone is little slippery and might fall. So as of now will use the transparent one, the one it came with.

Thanks all for recommending this phone to me.

Last edited by nitinralli : 18th April 2017 at 18:37.

Most Viewed