Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2017, 17:31   #25726
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

Is the S8+ really worth double the OP3T?!
Just wait few more days. OP5 is on the way with SD835
Old 23rd May 2017, 17:43   #25727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJazz View Post
I used to use a Samsung fast charger (dual 5V 2A, 9V 1.5A) for my Zenfone 2(Intel) and it used to show a fast charging notification. I use the same charger for the P2 (I left the box at home so no original charger for now). But the phone doesnt show any notifications. It takes around 3 hrs to charge fully. Is that regular charging or fast charging?
It charges the fastest only with the supplied charger (around 1.5-2 hours). This is because it uses a proprietary charging technique - not the usual Qualcomm Quickcharge 2.0/3.0 technology.
Old 24th May 2017, 12:29   #25728
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Guys, has been thrashed around multiple times but need advice between OP3T & S8+.
Why don't you check out the LG G6? Must be much cheaper than the Samsung and you won't lose anything much on the featureset.
Old 24th May 2017, 18:22   #25729
Senior - BHPian

Requesting help with mobile phone. Requirements in the order of importance are...

0. Has to be very reliable (meaning, touch has to work like touch not like hover the finger & phone acts on its own. Almost NO niggling issues & should not have overheating problems
1. Android ONLY
2. Excellent battery (3500 mAh+) standby time. Most usage only over WiFi & very less talking
3. Internal Memory (3GB+)
4. Good processor (not sure to go with Qualcom)
5. Primary Camera 10 MP+ (secondary least interested) WITH FLASH
6. Video Full HD 30+ FPS
7. Price < 15K
8. Support hotspot, WiFi, 4G
9. Not to be outdated soon because will own this phone for next 3+ years atleast

Good to have but not compulsory - Removable battery; dual speakers; dual SIM; Q'charging; Micro USB; expandable memory; VoLTE; Gorilla glass

Preferred brand - Lenovo, Motorola & open to other brands

Not preferred - Vivo, Oppo, Redmi, Mi, Micromax, Intex, Lyf Xiomi, Gionee & all the PLUSES

PS - Have shortlisted Lenovo P2 & K6 Power, but open for experts opinion as well

Thank you
Old 24th May 2017, 22:59   #25730
Senior - BHPian

Strange issue with Moto E2 4G bought in Sept. 2015.

The phone does not detect both the sims.
Under Settings>Sim Cards, it shows Sim Slot 1 Empty and Sim Slot 2 Empty.

I tried Factory Reset, Factory Mode, Recovery Mode but still it shows Sim Slot Empty.

If I removed both the sims, the 'No Sim' Icon gets displayed near Battery Indicator. After inserting Sim, this indicator disappears but it shows- Sim Slot Empty.

Any ideas what's the problem?

The phone runs Android 6.0.
Old 24th May 2017, 23:25   #25731
Senior - BHPian

Looking for a budget VoLTE phone to use a newly acquired Jio sim. My primary connection is Airtel running on my newly acquired Honor 6X which I absolutely love. Now looking for a cheap less than 7k phone with smooth touch and decent battery. Dont care much about the camera, games or touch unlock sensor or anything fancy. Just want for Amazon prime, YouTube, calls, whatsapp and FB. Any brand will do Chinese, Indian, Mongolian anything. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by SPARKled : 24th May 2017 at 23:27.
Old 24th May 2017, 23:41   #25732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Requesting help with mobile phone. Requirements in the order of importance are...

0. Has to be very reliable (meaning, touch has to work like touch not like hover the finger & phone acts on its own. Almost NO niggling issues & should not have overheating problems
1. Android ONLY
2. Excellent battery (3500 mAh+) standby time. Most usage only over WiFi & very less talking
3. Internal Memory (3GB+)
4. Good processor (not sure to go with Qualcom)
5. Primary Camera 10 MP+ (secondary least interested) WITH FLASH
6. Video Full HD 30+ FPS
7. Price < 15K
8. Support hotspot, WiFi, 4G
9. Not to be outdated soon because will own this phone for next 3+ years atleast

Good to have but not compulsory - Removable battery; dual speakers; dual SIM; Q'charging; Micro USB; expandable memory; VoLTE; Gorilla glass

Preferred brand - Lenovo, Motorola & open to other brands

Not preferred - Vivo, Oppo, Redmi, Mi, Micromax, Intex, Lyf Xiomi, Gionee & all the PLUSES

PS - Have shortlisted Lenovo P2 & K6 Power, but open for experts opinion as well

Thank you
Moto G5 plus meets most of your requirements.
The battery is 3000mah, but having personally used the SD 625 processor, it is very battery-efficient and will give good battery life. 4 GB ram will be snappy. Additionally, the screen is at a sweet size of 5.2"(my personal preference over larger 5.5" displays).

Current price in FK is 17k. If you have any mobile for exchange, it should go below 15K.
Old 25th May 2017, 09:28   #25733
BHPian

Went ahead and took risk in buying a Moto Turbo for 15,5 k in the recent FK sale ! Offer was always tempting for the HW it offered ...so far so good...had to give rest to my IP6 for some time !
Old 25th May 2017, 10:32   #25734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeinated View Post
Moto G5 plus meets most of your requirements.
The battery is 3000mah, but having personally used the SD 625 processor, it is very battery-efficient and will give good battery life. 4 GB ram will be snappy. Additionally, the screen is at a sweet size of 5.2"(my personal preference over larger 5.5" displays).

Current price in FK is 17k. If you have any mobile for exchange, it should go below 15K.
2 for your crisp & neat reply

I was recommended Moto G4+ because of the price 13K. What's your take on SD 617? I love 5.2 over 5.5, but for the additional 3K. If it were for fuel, detailing products or vehicle spares, I don't mind, but for mobile phone...
Old 25th May 2017, 10:37   #25735
BANNED

Just ordered my S8 (Black) on Flipkart. As shipment to UP is a pain (I hope it vanishes after GST), so I am getting it is Gurugram where we are going to my son at the end of the week.

What about a decent full case (my son is worried about the screen breaking) and also a uHD card, or will the 64+4 do. I am not a heavy graphics user. Remember I may use the 2nd SIM on foreign trips.

Last edited by sgiitk : 25th May 2017 at 10:43.
Old 25th May 2017, 10:49   #25736
BHPian

Quote:

I was recommended Moto G4+ because of the price 13K. What's your take on SD 617? I love 5.2 over 5.5, but for the additional 3K. If it were for fuel, detailing products or vehicle spares, I don't mind, but for mobile phone...
Hi,
I have been using G4+ (32GB) since last October. I had some issues with touch responses when i brought it, but since 7.0 update, the phone is flawless. I brought it for 11.5k, so i felt that it is really worth at this price point.
Old 25th May 2017, 10:53   #25737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Just ordered my S8 (Black) on Flipkart. As shipment to UP is a pain (I hope it vanishes after GST), so I am getting it is Gurugram where we are going to my son at the end of the week.

What about a decent full case (my son is worried about the screen breaking) and also a uHD card, or will the 64+4 do. I am not a heavy graphics user. Remember I may use the 2nd SIM on foreign trips.

One of my favorite 'full coverage' cases with reasonable cushion/protection is the spigen rugged armor. Ive used it with multiple devices, but generally people with the edge phones tend to find it a little annoying.
I suggest giving it a try, and returning it for a refund if you don't like it.
In terms of memory, dont bother with the uhd card for now. Use the device, and add memory only if u feel that you are falling short.
Old 25th May 2017, 11:31   #25738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Looking for a budget VoLTE phone to use a newly acquired Jio sim. Any brand will do Chinese, Indian, Mongolian anything. Thanks in advance.
What about this one?
https://www.tatacliq.com/lyf-water-f...00000001117234
Old 25th May 2017, 12:29   #25739
BHPian

Quote:

What about the Lenovo power K6. 5inch. 3Gb Ram. 1080p screen. 4100 mAh battery. and starts at 11k?
Old 25th May 2017, 13:42   #25740
Senior - BHPian

I have a 5 year old Nexus 4 which I use as a driving companion with all the navigation/gps apps, OBD scanners, HUD displays etc. It works beautifully except for poor battery. I have a 8GB model and always wished I purchased a 16 GB one (no microSD slot in Nexus 4)

Now I got another Nexus 4 16GB, which is very sparingly used. Display was cracked few years back and the phone was in storage.

My initial thought was to replace the display from my Nexus 4 8GB to the 16GB; but now I think I will just swap the motherboards so that I dont need to worry about the removal of display.

Will the swap of motherboards work without any issues?

here is one showing Nexus 4 disassembly

Edit: Where can find a decent battery for Nexus 4? I tried a Chinese one and LG original ( again Chinese) and now back to the 5 year old original !!

Last edited by arjithin : 25th May 2017 at 13:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks