Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2017, 13:18   #25996
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
It's been updated to Android 7.
So, Is that the issue? How does one access the internal memory, if one wants to?
Any workarounds?
Remove the SD Card from phone and check whether you can access Internal Memory over PC.
If Yes, then check whether that Memory card gives similar problem in another phone.
Did you face this problem after updating to Nougat?
Was there any setting related to Memory Card which you overlooked while updating?
Old 18th July 2017, 13:28   #25997
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Remove the SD Card from phone and check whether you can access Internal Memory over PC.
Tried, but yet NOT showing up the internal memory.
Quote:
If Yes, then check whether that Memory card gives similar problem in another phone.
Don't know. I do NOT have another phone.

Quote:
Did you face this problem after updating to Nougat?
Might be. Upgraded to Nougat as and when it became available.

Quote:
Was there any setting related to Memory Card which you overlooked while updating?
Wouldn't remember! AFAIK, there was nothing.
Old 18th July 2017, 14:39   #25998
BHPian

Quote:
It's been updated to Android 7.

So, Is that the issue? How does one access the internal memory, if one wants to? Most of my audio files have been located on internal memory.

Any workarounds?
Hi, you can try installing an app called ES file explorer and check whether you can access the SD card or not. I had a similar issue on my OP2 and this solved my problem.
Old 18th July 2017, 14:40   #25999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tried, but yet NOT showing up the internal memory.
Take backup of Memory Card by connecting to PC.
Then copy the contents of Internal Memory to Card from Explorer in Phone. Remove the card and hard reset the phone and check if it solves the problem.

BTW, When was the last time you were able to access the Internal Memory on PC? Also During this period, did you install any suspicious app?
Old 18th July 2017, 16:21   #26000
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Didn't find it phablet sized at all. It looks taller, not broader and that makes it easier to use. Though you might need two hands to use it at times but it is no Mi Max, it's a breeze.
Thanks a lot for this feedback! It really helps since I too am currently using the Redmi Note 3 and that is the biggest phone I have used ever. Prior to this I was always with Blackberry until their support for Google services was supposed to be stopped. Hence the biggest device so far is RN3 and it has been smooth sailing thus far. The hardware to price ratio of honor 8 pro is too good to resist. Hence was wondering about the handling part of a 5.7" device. Thanks once again!
Old 18th July 2017, 16:33   #26001
BHPian

Got a surprise N update for my 2 years old Moto X Style over the weekend.
Great to see all goodness of N carried along with long due VOLTE update.

Feeling the new settings and improved battery backup now.
Old 19th July 2017, 00:07   #26002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
Got a surprise N update for my 2 years old Moto X Style over the weekend.
Great to see all goodness of N carried along with long due VOLTE update.

Feeling the new settings and improved battery backup now.
So we are finally getting VoLTE on our Moto x style? I didn't see this mentioned anywhere so thought it wasn't being done for us owners.
Since you have already upgraded, are there any issues with Jio call quality? Any improvements to camera settings? These are the two things I was hoping to see added/ improved.

I would be upgrading this weekend, do let us know if you find any bugs.

Regards
Old 19th July 2017, 08:35   #26003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
So we are finally getting VoLTE on our Moto x style? I didn't see this mentioned anywhere so thought it wasn't being done for us owners.
Since you have already upgraded, are there any issues with Jio call quality? Any improvements to camera settings? These are the two things I was hoping to see added/ improved.

I would be upgrading this weekend, do let us know if you find any bugs.

Regards
Yes, it's nowhere mentioned in any of the release notes. However, as soon as you inserted the JIO SIM you can see that LTE option and the calls getting connected without Jioapps. You can enable/disable the VOLTE option in the phone settings option now *#*#4636#*#* (double check the code over the net).

I don't see any change in Call Quality through Jio. No specific bugs found so far and no changes in Camera settings also.

You need to enable the data for JIO SIM (I put that in secondary slot though) to see the LTE option. Without data it's emergency calls only.

Last edited by Jebs : 19th July 2017 at 08:36. Reason: additional info
Old 19th July 2017, 09:00   #26004
BANNED

Anyone here purchased the Nokia3? What's the verdict?
Old 19th July 2017, 23:42   #26005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
I ordered it for my wife on the day of launch and it arrived last week. Didn't find it phablet sized at all. It looks taller, not broader and that makes it easier to use. Though you might need two hands to use it at times but it is no Mi Max, it's a breeze.

The quad HD screen is stunning, you need to see it to believe it. Maybe it looks extra stunning to me because I have never used anything beyond a Redmi Note 3.

I am surprised how they have managed to put a 4000 mah battery on such a slim device (6.9 mm thick). The battery seems to be holding up decent as of now, not too flash. But it's life will definitely increase after it's run in period, read a few more charges.
Sir,

Please advise on two things:
a. Multi user mode. I would like to give a user for my son where he can just watch youtube and not fiddle around with other things.
b. Camera quality, esp low light and in motion (say photos of kids).
Old 20th July 2017, 09:09   #26006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Sir,

a. Multi user mode. I would like to give a user for my son where he can just watch Youtube and not fiddle around with other thing.
MIUI has second space which is essentially android's multi user mode
Old 20th July 2017, 12:28   #26007
BHPian

I have ordered for the Mi Max 2. I was currently using the Redmi Note 3 since a few months and am very happy with the build quality of Xiaomi phones. I have large hands and so find my friends Mi Max very comfortable to use. Let me know in case any one has any specific queries about the phone
Old 20th July 2017, 14:43   #26008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post
Hi, you can try installing an app called ES file explorer and check whether you can access the SD card or not.
File Explorer would be to access files within the device, and yes can access the folders from SD Card. But, I would like to access the internal memory when connected onto the computer.

Quote:
When was the last time you were able to access the Internal Memory on PC? Also During this period, did you install any suspicious app?
I don't remember. But, earlier without SD card being there was able to access the internal memory. As far as I know, no suspicious apps.
Old 20th July 2017, 21:05   #26009
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Sir,

a. Multi user mode. I would like to give a user for my son where he can just watch Youtube and not fiddle around with other things.
b. Camera quality, esp low light and in motion (say photos of kids).
Sorry I have not had the chance to check these yet. My wife is using the phone and she leaves for work in the morning while I leave at noon, so not getting my hands on it much for now. I will try giving you a clearer picture over the weekend.

But from what I hear from her, she is delighted with the rear camera performance, the pictures appear crystal clear (have not tested it much on low light situations though). The front cam is not as good as the rear one but still acceptable.

I have no clue about the multi user mode, never used that feature before.
Old 20th July 2017, 21:53   #26010
Distinguished - BHPian

Probably I am the only one to be stupid about this, but the standard nomenclature confuses me every time.

The rear camera faces forwards, and the front camera faces backwards. right?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks