Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2017, 10:57   #26251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I meant, the display light changing to warmer colors in the evening.

Could this feature be automated to kick on its own at 7 in the evening and switch modes back at 7 in the morning?

Use one of the 3rd party blue light filter apps. They generally come with time and intensity customisation. I use f.lux, but that is meant for rooted devices only.
A play store search shows 'twilight' as a decent option.
Old 9th September 2017, 11:56   #26252
BHPian

Re: Night Mode display on K6 Power?

Quote:

Could this feature be automated to kick on its own at 7 in the evening and switch modes back at 7 in the morning?
Ok, i do see a option in display settings named bluelight filter... not sure whether its samsung's own app.
Old 9th September 2017, 11:59   #26253
BHPian

Quote:

You didn't tell which Android version you have.

I have a setting "LiveDisplay" under Display(Lineage OS14), which does this automatically.

Stock Nougat has same setting under System UI Tuner. How to enable is explained in article.
Old 10th September 2017, 14:54   #26254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
You didn't tell which Android version you have.

I have a setting "LiveDisplay" under Display(Lineage OS14), which does this automatically.

Stock Nougat has same setting under System UI Tuner. How to enable is explained in article.
I am on Android 7.0 Nougat.

I tried enabling 'System UI Tuner' and it is NOT happening. The device is 'Lenovo K6 Power'. Any workarounds here?
Old 11th September 2017, 17:18   #26255
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
you know what, just couple of weeks back, i brought z2 plus (aka zuk 2) for my wife. i got it during amazon sale for 9350 (32gb version). again, at this price point this is really good mobile, especially considering you get very few mobiles in 5"screen size. so, i have both g4+ and z2+. from my own experince, both are really good. one suggestion in case you want to go for z2+, buy 64gb version because this mobile does not have external sd card option. and finally, you get 7.0 update also for this z2+.
let me know in case you need any more information on these two mobiles.
How's your Zuk Z2 holding up? My colleague had bought one and it is giving him a lot of trouble - SIM cards are not detected, random shutdows, overheating and draining when idle, etc. Wondering if these are known issues and any fix ? He is going to try factory reset, but not sure if that will solve the problem.
Old 11th September 2017, 17:25   #26256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
How's your Zuk Z2 holding up? My colleague had bought one and it is giving him a lot of trouble - SIM cards are not detected, random shutdows, overheating and draining when idle, etc. Wondering if these are known issues and any fix ? He is going to try factory reset, but not sure if that will solve the problem.
Absolutely no issue so far. In fact, my G4+ is having 'ghost' touch issue every now and then (my friend who brought the same G4+ along with me is having none of these issues). Looks like this is an hardware issue specific to my handset and i am seriously thinking of selling G4+ and buying Z2 or some other model.
Ah, couple of things to mention about Z2, it has got C-type connector (which is kind of 'drawback' for me) and then I am not sure whether this supports OTG. Other than these two things, the phone is performing flawless.
Old 12th September 2017, 14:49   #26257
Distinguished - BHPian

Samsung Galxy Note 8 launched in India today. Watched the Live webcast at 12:30PM today.

Priced at 67900, the runs on Android 7(Nougat). The Indian version gets a 2.3GHz + 1.7GHz 10nm Exynos 8895 octa core processor with Mali-G71 MP20 GPU and dual SIM dual-standby (4G+4G). The Sim2 slot doubles up as a MicroSD card slot. Only black and gold colours available in India. Internationally there is a blue and grey too

Special Introductory offers are:
1. Rs 4000 cashback with HDFC Bank Credit Cards
2. Free wireless charger on the purchase of Note 8
3. 448GB extra 4G data with Reliance Jio over 8 months
4. One time screen replacement at Rs 990
5. Special buy back scheme for Note 2, Note 3, Note 4 and Note 5 users on Cashify.in

Decent pricing I felt. This is a nice phone to replace my 3 year old Note3 (I'll sorely miss the IR though).

I'm pretty sure iphone 8 which will be launched today (with similar specs as per leaks) won't be priced lesser than this.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 12th September 2017 at 14:53.
Old 12th September 2017, 15:20   #26258
Team-BHP Support

My LG V20 got a problem from yesterday - I am not able to hear the caller properly, almost like speaking with the volume level kept at minimum. The other side is able to hear me properly though. Is there anything I can check about this, or need to take to the service centre? Thank you!

Note: I did a factory reset to check if that helps, but no use.
Old 12th September 2017, 16:34   #26259
BHPian

Need Help!

The contacts on my Redmi 4A are not showing up on WhatsApp. Tried all the syncing and refreshing techniques still no success.

Will appreciate any tips to get it done. Thanks.
Old 12th September 2017, 16:57   #26260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
Need Help!

The contacts on my Redmi 4A are not showing up on WhatsApp. Tried all the syncing and refreshing techniques still no success.

Will appreciate any tips to get it done. Thanks.

I had a similar issue on my OP3T and this solved it .

Whats App > Menu Button > Settings > Contacts > Show all contacts (uncheck and Check)

Also under Settings >accounts>Whats App> Contacts make sure this setting is on.

Settings > Applications>Whats App> Permissions > Contacts is on.

Last edited by zaveed : 12th September 2017 at 16:59.
Old 12th September 2017, 17:05   #26261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post
I had a similar issue on my OP3T and this solved it .

Whats App > Menu Button > Settings > Contacts > Show all contacts (uncheck and Check)

Also under Settings >accounts>Whats App> Contacts make sure this setting is on.

Settings > Applications>Whats App> Permissions > Contacts is on.

Thanks, I tried all of the above, no luck.
Old 12th September 2017, 17:58   #26262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
My LG V20 got a problem from yesterday - I am not able to hear the caller properly, almost like speaking with the volume level kept at minimum. The other side is able to hear me properly though. Is there anything I can check about this, or need to take to the service centre? Thank you!

If factory reset did not help and i assume that the speaker volume is high then it's time to take it to the service center.
Old 12th September 2017, 18:21   #26263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post

Check if there is something blocking the speaker grill. There might be some lint or other gunk collected over there. You can clean with toothbrush or ball pin. Had the same issue in my old phone.
Old 13th September 2017, 12:20   #26264
Senior - BHPian

Anyone here has information on when the LG V30 will launch/ get listed to buy in India?
Old 13th September 2017, 12:34   #26265
BHPian

I'm very keen on the LG V30 as well. Not a big fan of stylus's in general and therefore am not looking at the note 8. I am using an s7 edge and other than the looks the curved screen does not offer any extra functionality per say. In fact in one handed use you get accidental touches because of the curved edge. Great phone otherwise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks