Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2018, 08:09   #28291
Team-BHP Support

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
ONE PLUS 6T OR GOOGLE PIXEL 3 ?
If don’t know much about One Plus, but if your wife is moving from iPhone for a better experience, the Pixel 3 won’t disappoint. And that camera really cannot take a bad picture
I would suggest looking at the Samsung S9/Note 9 as well. Note 8 (and now Note 9) was responsible for getting my wife move away from the iOS.
Old 17th December 2018, 08:17   #28292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ONE PLUS 6T OR GOOGLE PIXEL 3 ?
As many have said, base your decision on $$$. OnePLus 6T is more VFM compared to the Pixel 3. Money not a concern, I'd buy the Pixel 3 for the slightly better software it delivers.

If water resistance isn't a deal breaker, OP 6T it is. She can buy a pink case.
Old 17th December 2018, 10:18   #28293
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone seen this?

Pocophone kills everyone!
Old 17th December 2018, 13:58   #28294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
If don’t know much about One Plus, but if your wife is moving from iPhone for a better experience, the Pixel 3 won’t disappoint. And that camera really cannot take a bad picture
I would suggest looking at the Samsung S9/Note 9 as well. Note 8 (and now Note 9) was responsible for getting my wife move away from the iOS.
Honestly, I have not really found Android to be a better experience than iOS. I had replaced my iPhone 4 with the flagship Samsung S3 many years ago and it started to get slow and hang with in a year. I moved back to iOS post that experience. Currently my second phone is the BlackBerry Priv running on Android and it's no better. I understand that it could be a problem with the hardware and stuff but that's the problem with Android, it isn't as stable as iOS. I have been told that the Samsungs tend to slow down after a year.

I have warned my wife about this but she she wants to try it out anyway. I really hope she is not disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
As many have said, base your decision on $$$. OnePLus 6T is more VFM compared to the Pixel 3. Money not a concern, I'd buy the Pixel 3 for the slightly better software it delivers.
Yes, the Pixel 3 being a Google product will probably have the best integration with Android and plus will be the first to get Android updates as compared to the rest.

Quote:
If water resistance isn't a deal breaker, OP 6T it is.
Water resistance is a must and should be a give in today really.

Quote:
She can buy a pink case.
Im sure she will buy a pink case even if the phone is pink
Old 18th December 2018, 09:18   #28295
BHPian

Quote:
Honestly, I have not really found Android to be a better experience than iOS. I had replaced my iPhone 4 with the flagship Samsung S3 many years ago and it started to get slow and hang with in a year. I moved back to iOS post that experience. Currently my second phone is the BlackBerry Priv running on Android and it's no better.
I'm pretty sure you would have a slightly different opinion if you are using the Android flagships now (Pixel, Galaxy S, Oneplus ). I have been using Oneplus for the last 4 years (One for two years and 3T now for around 2 years) and never experienced slowness. iPhone4 is almost from another era when it comes to phone technology and Android phones are almost there with the iphones in terms of user experience now. I gave up on iphones based on my experience with iphone 5/5s when the battery cannot just last long enough for my daily usage and I hear the same complaint from people who have 6/6S now. When it comes to flexibility, androids are way better than iphones. I tend to believe that is one reason most people choose android.

Quote:
Water resistance is a must and should be a give in today really.
OP6T can withstand splashes. I don't see it as a deal breaker and I confess I spend a lot of time with my phones.
Old 18th December 2018, 11:56   #28296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
I'm pretty sure you would have a slightly different opinion if you are using the Android flagships now (Pixel, Galaxy S, Oneplus ). I have been using Oneplus for the last 4 years (One for two years and 3T now for around 2 years) and never experienced slowness. iPhone4 is almost from another era when it comes to phone technology and Android phones are almost there with the iphones in terms of user experience now. I gave up on iphones based on my experience with iphone 5/5s when the battery cannot just last long enough for my daily usage and I hear the same complaint from people who have 6/6S now. When it comes to flexibility, androids are way better than iphones. I tend to believe that is one reason most people choose android.
Maybe I would, but I would not like to take a chance as of today. The iPhones I have owned - iPhone 4, iPhone 5s & now the iPhone 7 has never ever flinched in terms of performance even after years of use. Even my wife's iPhone 6s is still as quick after exhausting her 16 GB of internal space. Not having problems with the battery either till date. It lasts a full day with internet and email usage. We do not watch movies or anything of that sort on phones. But since the Pixel 3 will be coming soon, let see if we like it.

Most people I know who have moved from or preferred the Android to iPhones is mostly for the free apps and the flexibility to connect to other devices which is restricted with Apple.

Quote:
OP6T can withstand splashes. I don't see it as a deal breaker and I confess I spend a lot of time with my phones.
Even my Blackberry Priv has survived through splashes but I can wash or submerge my iPhone 7 in water and it works fine. I dare not try that with my Blackberry

The thing is that the Google Pixel 3 is officially water resistant where as the One Plus 6T isn't.

Check this out
https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php...&idPhone2=9350

Last edited by Epic : 18th December 2018 at 12:05.
Old 18th December 2018, 12:31   #28297
Distinguished - BHPian

Just realized that the Pixel's are not dual sim. This is annoying.

So what's my next best bet for good cam phones? OP6? I want a camera with a good phone feature. There I said it.
Old 18th December 2018, 12:42   #28298
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Just realized that the Pixel's are not dual sim. This is annoying.

So what's my next best bet for good cam phones? OP6? I want a camera with a good phone feature. There I said it.
Note9 or Note8 at a lesser price or the S9.
IP68, very good camera, expandable memory, Dual sim, wireless charging. The only flagship phone to have all these together.
Old 18th December 2018, 12:50   #28299
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone seen this?

Pocophone kills everyone!
There are two arguments, one against and one for this poll! The primary criticism is that the poll was conducted on social media (Instagram) where the images are compressed and in that process they lost fair bit of details, hence comparing those images is not logical. But on the other side, people who supported the poll say, almost 90% of the people take photos only to share on social media, hence judging them on how they look on social media is justified.

But it doesn't take anything away from Poco F1, it's great bang for buck at the moment. I still regret not getting it or the OP6 during the Great India Shopping Festival and opting for the Mi A2 instead, just to save few bucks, but A2 turned out to be the worst smartphone I have ever had, it's plagued with too many issues and every update brings new bugs with it.

Last edited by bblost : 18th December 2018 at 12:51. Reason: removed embedded video.
Old 18th December 2018, 13:51   #28300
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Note9 or Note8 at a lesser price or the S9.
IP68, very good camera, expandable memory, Dual sim, wireless charging. The only flagship phone to have all these together.
So expensive! I mean they're close to the price of the prev gen macbook air or even surpassing it!

A pixel cam phone with dual sim at about 35k would be super!

My other option is to relegate the Z Play as a workhorse GPS/navigator device and stick the back up sim on it, and use the pixel 2XL or the Pixel 3 lite as the primary driver/camera.

Really annoying.
Old 18th December 2018, 14:15   #28301
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So expensive! I mean they're close to the price of the prev gen macbook air or even surpassing it!

A pixel cam phone with dual sim at about 35k would be super!

My other option is to relegate the Z Play as a workhorse GPS/navigator device and stick the back up sim on it, and use the pixel 2XL or the Pixel 3 lite as the primary driver/camera.

Really annoying.
You had written that you realised Pixels are not dual sim and asked for the next best bet. then you write that Samsung flagships are expensive!

Pixel 3 is 66K and Pixel 3 xl is 77k
Note 9 is 68k
Note 8 is 53k
S9 is 55k and S9+ is 62k

Excuse me if I am missing anything

Last edited by khan_sultan : 13th February 2019 at 14:02. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Old 18th December 2018, 14:31   #28302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
You had written that you realised Pixels are not dual sim and asked for the next best bet. then you write that Samsung flagships are expensive!

Pixel 3 is 66K and Pixel 3 xl is 77k
Note 9 is 68k
Note 8 is 53k
S9 is 55k and S9+ is 62k

Excuse me if I am missing anything
I am at the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL/ OP6T range sire out of sheer desperation. There is no way in heaven or hell that I am going to be spending beyond that on a camera phone.

I will hope for a good price on the pixel range this new year and relegate the Z play to war duty (2 day battery life + navigation on a motorcycle). And carry two phones where I need to. Ridiculous in this day and age, but sometimes I also wonder if I should be rough shodding a phone that costs 35k+ anyway.

Last edited by Red Liner : 18th December 2018 at 14:36.
Old 18th December 2018, 22:40   #28303
BHPian

Question to Xiaomi users who moved to MIUI 10 recently (not people who got new phones with MIUI 10 installed in it), did any of you face issues with respect to battery backup?

I have a Redmi 4 phone and after upgrading to MIUI 10 last week I am noticing close to 30% drop in battery life
Old 18th December 2018, 23:09   #28304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y448 View Post
Question to Xiaomi users who moved to MIUI 10 recently (not people who got new phones with MIUI 10 installed in it), did any of you face issues with respect to battery backup?

I have a Redmi 4 phone and after upgrading to MIUI 10 last week I am noticing close to 30% drop in battery life
My MI5 is on miui 10. No problem whatsoever.
Old 19th December 2018, 00:46   #28305
BHPian

Quote:
I gave up on iphones based on my experience with iphone 5/5s when the battery cannot just last long enough for my daily usage and I hear the same complaint from people who have 6/6S now.
For the same reason my Brother in law who has joined IT industry few years back sold his iphone 7 within one year and got One +6 and is happy. He is not heavy user but moderate user.

Most Viewed