Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2019, 10:48   #28516
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
It's here.
Congrats RavenAvi!

Was this part of the bundle offer with S10 or did you find a deal on the watch?
Old 19th March 2019, 11:27   #28517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Requesting your kind opinion on finalizing either the MI Note 7 Pro or the Samsung M30.
Why not look at Samsung A50? It has better processor chip than M30 and is available in regular retail stores rather than via maddening flash sale (M30 or Note 7 pro).

Quote:
My confusion with M30 is the video resolution , i.e. 1080 @ 30 fps.

Isn't this non-standard? I believe the standard is 4k @ 30 fps, 1080p @ 30/60 fps and slow-motion @120 fps?
4k video recording would be with 800 snapdragon series; expecting 4k video recording from 600 series is bit too much.

Quote:
Bought my mom the MI A2 during Diwali
Mi A2 has stock android unlike Note 7 pro which has MiUI. Don't expect similar user experience for your parents.
Old 19th March 2019, 11:51   #28518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post

In case of the Samsung M30, I believe it's 0.409 W/kg

Source - https://www.samsung.com/sar/sarMain?...anguageCode=EN
Here is the SAR details for the MI Note 7 Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Why not look at Samsung A50?

4k video recording would be with 800 snapdragon series; expecting 4k video recording from 600 series is bit too much.

Mi A2 has stock android unlike Note 7 pro which has MiUI. Don't expect similar user experience for your parents.
Thanks for pitching in.

A50 gives 4GB / 64GB configuration in the price for which the other 2 are giving 6 GB / 128 GB

I mentioned 4K just as part of the standard available nowadays. My expectation is just 1080p,but at 60 fps instead of 30 fps.

Yes, user experience varies greatly between MI2 and Note 7 Pro as they have separate UIs. MI A2 is as good as One Plus, as far as simplicity in UI is concerned.

Edit - The Samsung sale on Amazon got over in less than a minute - no success. Will see what happens in the MI sale tomorrow.

Edit 2 - Suppose I extend my budget to A50 (19,990/-), then doesn't Poco F1 make more sense? Just a thought.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1552976497356.jpg  

Last edited by Safety is Param : 19th March 2019 at 12:12.
Old 19th March 2019, 15:03   #28519
BANNED

Anyone bought Redmi Note 7/Pro via flash sales?

Any tricks/advices are appreciated :-)
Old 19th March 2019, 16:42   #28520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Isn't the S10 series sold here coming with the exynos chips?
It has always been like this ( S6 and maybe before that too).
They use qualcomm out of compulsion in the US and the patents they have on CDMA technology.
Old 20th March 2019, 13:56   #28521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Anyone bought Redmi Note 7/Pro via flash sales?
Any tricks/advices are appreciated :-)
Bought today via the MI app. Order / payment processed successfully.

No tricks, add-ons used. Just the MI Android app.

Last edited by Safety is Param : 20th March 2019 at 13:58.
Old 21st March 2019, 01:43   #28522
BHPian

Amazon Flash Sale for Samsung Galaxy M30

All folk interested in picking up the Samsung Galaxy M 30 during the flash sale on Amazon India should log into the Samsung India website and order the phone there itself once the Amazon sale commences.

On 19th March during the flash sale on the Amazon site, I was unable to book the phone but was easily able to book the same phone on the Samsung site once the flash sale commenced on the Amazon site.
Now I am waiting for the phone to be delivered which would have been delivered the next day if I was able to purchase via the Amazon Sale.

Amazon has another flash sale on 21.03 at 1200 hrs.
Old 21st March 2019, 12:12   #28523
Oxy
BHPian

I find the S10s/Pixels/iPhones to be quite expensive. Do we have anything decent in the 40k range (current or upcoming)? I am looking to upgrade from the LG G7+ ThinQ.

Any concrete news on the Pixel 3 Mini, or was that just a rumour?
Old 21st March 2019, 12:45   #28524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
I find the S10s/Pixels/iPhones to be quite expensive. Do we have anything decent in the 40k range (current or upcoming)? I am looking to upgrade from the LG G7+ ThinQ.

Any concrete news on the Pixel 3 Mini, or was that just a rumour?
The most sensible thing to do would be to buy last years flagships.

Otherwise at this price point you also have the likes of OP6T, honor view 20 etc.
Old 22nd March 2019, 10:42   #28525
ZMG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMG View Post
Hi Guys,
So I am looking for a change of phone from 2016 iphone 5s to android mainly because of the price factor. I don't like the looks of iPhone X so much ( not a fan of the notch design) and iPhone 8 or 7 at 40K + does not make sense.

I want a clean Android UI, hence sticking to Android One phones, I hate my moms Xiaomi 4S Prime (or is it 4) for getting into privacy for something as simple as file viewer.

Any inputs on Nokia 8.1 ?

Thanks
So I ended up buying the Nokia 8.1 in 6GB - 128 GB variant about 2 weeks ago!
And boy, the phone is great. Coming from iOS after 4 years, it was initially difficult to get used to, but it was a weeks learning curve. Also I ended up losing my whatsapp and text message chat history. Thought of purchasing some online solutions for USD 30 or so, but decided against it when I weighed in the value of them.

Regarding the phone:
It is BIG! Coming from a 5S it seems huge, but I have big palms, and got used to it. However would have preferred something smaller, like my moms Redmi 4 Prime.
The UI is clean, and even though google kept asking for various privacy invasion permissions, I kept my guard down.
The camera is good. There is a pro mode, which clicks better in dark. Might install Google camera later on.
The battery is terrific - I get about 2 days of time on a single charge which takes about 1.5 - 2 hours.

All in all, I am very happy.
The phone looks and feels very premium, and I am happy to have spent the extra 10 K, after all, as men we have very few fashion accessories.

Cheers,
Mohit
Old 22nd March 2019, 10:48   #28526
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone who has been using the Honor 8x for a couple of months, can you please provide some reviews about the battery specifically?
I remember some folks had mentioned buying it.
Old 22nd March 2019, 10:59   #28527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Been there and done that, BUT for no avail. It's relentless for all outgoing calls.
One of these days, will walk into an Airtel shop and ask for a fix.
Had been to an airtel shoppe, yesterday. The guy made a call on his phone, and shows me the 'class 0 message' and makes an helpless face. He says, it's for every airtel connection, irrespective of the device/region/plan.

So, I wouldn't know how to get this unnecessary step of canceling the message, off my device. If any here, has a fix, please do share!

Old 22nd March 2019, 11:05   #28528
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Had been to an airtel shoppe, yesterday. The guy made a call on his phone, and shows me the 'class 0 message' and makes an helpless face. He says, it's for every airtel connection, irrespective of the device/region/plan.

So, I wouldn't know how to get this unnecessary step of canceling the message, off my device. If any here, has a fix, please do share!

My Idea from ages ago required me to send an sms which said "no info" to some number. This was for the data used pop-ups. Check if airtel has something like this. I am on airtel too, but have never had flash SMSs.
Old 22nd March 2019, 11:07   #28529
Senior - BHPian

This crap is now followed by another service provider too. Not sure whether its Jio or BSNL. These are the two sims I have. I get messages even without making a call. Just pops up randomly.

On another note, I keep getting pesky SMS's even at late night now. As an after effect, the battery gets drained quicker as the mobile is 'active' due to the unread SMS. Earlier there used to be hardly any battery drain during sleep hours. Any solutions to keep the mobile inactive? This is on a Redmi Note 4 running the latest MIUI 10x.
Old 22nd March 2019, 11:20   #28530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there a way to knock off this airtel pop-up message after each call?
There will be an app called "SIM Toolkit" (Airtel-specific name) installed on your phone - you can't uninstall it, disable it, hide it or do anything with it. If you open it there are some options to enable or disable certain categories of operator messages. Give it a try. Here's how it looks:

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-whatsapp-image-20190322-11.18.04.jpeg

That Start/Stop probably disables these messages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
As an after effect, the battery gets drained quicker as the mobile is 'active' due to the unread SMS.
That can't be right. Why would an unread SMS cause battery drain?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks