Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2019, 11:33   #28531
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
That can't be right. Why would an unread SMS cause battery drain?
MIUI has a battery saver app which I have scheduled to be activated from 11 PM onwards every night. What this basically does is to shut off most activities on the phone during the time the app is active. Hence the battery usage graph is mostly flat (just a minor dip) during night hours.

Now when a SMS is received, the notification LED starts blinking and the phone becomes active. Due to this the whole purpose is lost and the phone remains in active mode till the SMS is read. The LED notification light blinking all through the night causes the battery drain.
Old 22nd March 2019, 11:53   #28532
BHPian

Hello fellas!

I have been using Realme 1 for my official work and all seems fine except one BIG hindrance of unable to read the whatsapp, message, facebook content in the notification bar. To read the content, need to open the apps every time.

The picture is attached for the reference. Have tried customizing all options in the app and notifications under the settings but no success.

Would be great to seek help with the expects here.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-realme-1.png  

Old 22nd March 2019, 12:50   #28533
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
The LED notification light blinking all through the night causes the battery drain.

Well then airplane mode would appear to be your only choice. How much is the drain btw, % terms?
Old 22nd March 2019, 13:05   #28534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Now when a SMS is received, the notification LED starts blinking and the phone becomes active. Due to this the whole purpose is lost and the phone remains in active mode till the SMS is read.
Sounds like you use the wrong SMS app. Try the Microsoft SMS Organiser instead of your current one. Why should some random SMS keep that LED blinking? I get SMS alerts only for person-to-person texts.
Old 22nd March 2019, 13:10   #28535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis View Post
Would be great to seek help with the expects here.

Thank you.

Do you have Lock screen preference? If yes, what is the On lock screen is set to? Would it be possible that, it is set to 'Do not show any message'?

Lock screen setting usually under security settings (I am not sure where Realme has this in their OS flavor).
Old 22nd March 2019, 14:25   #28536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Well then airplane mode would appear to be your only choice. How much is the drain btw, % terms?
The drain is pretty significant. Not less than 9%, sometimes as high as 14%. Not sure if it can be attributed to the notification light alone. It could also be due to the battery saver app trying to shut down something it can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Sounds like you use the wrong SMS app. Try the Microsoft SMS Organiser instead of your current one. Why should some random SMS keep that LED blinking? I get SMS alerts only for person-to-person texts.
I am using the default MIUI app. Looks like its time to get the Microsoft SMS Organiser. Thanks !
Old 22nd March 2019, 20:37   #28537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis View Post
Hello fellas!

I have been using Realme 1 for my official work and all seems fine except one BIG hindrance of unable to read the whatsapp,

Thank you.
Have a Realme1 and dont have this issue at all.

Plz check the following:
1. Settings -- > Notification & Status Bar
Turn on - "Allow Notification Bar in Lock screen"

If 1 is already activated, then:
2. Settings -- > Notification & Status Bar --> Manage Notifications --> Select Whatapp from the application list
Turn on - "Allow Notifications", " Display on Lockscreen", "Display at the top of the screen".

My phone is on ColorOS 5.2 (CPH1859EX_11_A_29) and Whatsapp is Ver 2.19.69
Old 24th March 2019, 12:00   #28538
BANNED

My Samsung A8+ got an android pie update yesterday, with Samsung's one UI. Have no intention of doing a full factory reset, so some UI settings have been preserved. I love the white text on black everywhere. So happy with it.

Sometimes things are noticeably slow. Had to do a data wipe for my brokers app. Still looking into bankers' apps. Some apps, like tbhp and NSE's official app give a warning, but work nevertheless.
Old 24th March 2019, 12:35   #28539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
I have a Samsung Note 8 updated to Android 9 with the One UI.

In the Samsung dialer app (native) there is an option to record all calls which I have selected, however, it does not work as intended. It records calls at random, not all of them.

Is anybody facing a similar issue? Is there a solution/work around?
I enabled recording on my Note 8 after reading your post and it works perfectly! I've set the storage to 'Internal' and get a notification after every call, recording is on par with ACR app I used previously. Its such a blessing as none of the third party apps work on Android 9.
Old 24th March 2019, 14:31   #28540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I enabled recording on my Note 8 after reading your post and it works perfectly! I've set the storage to 'Internal' and get a notification after every call, recording is on par with ACR app I used previously. Its such a blessing as none of the third party apps work on Android 9.
Happy to hear it's working perfectly for you Shashank. Do you use your phone with a memory card? If so please change the storage to "external" and check if all calls are being recorded.

As mentioned in my earlier post, with "external" memory selected for storage my phone records calls at random, not all. From my end I will change the memory to "internal" and see if all calls are being recorded. Don't see how the storage should make a difference, but it's worth a try.

Please update your findings.

Thank you.

Cheers
Old 24th March 2019, 15:34   #28541
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
My Samsung A8+ got an android pie update yesterday, with Samsung's one UI. Have no intention of doing a full factory reset, so some UI settings have been preserved. I love the white text on black everywhere. So happy with it.
I am force downloading it on my wife's A8. Thanks for the information. I normally do not mess with her phone.

Remember it is 1233.38MB, so pretty large.
Old 24th March 2019, 17:55   #28542
BHPian

Usage after 3 months - Motorola 1 Power.

The battery remains a stunner. With 2 sim cards - Airtel and Jio, 2 hour calls every day, 4G mode 24X7, adaptive brightness setting and apple music/youtube for atleast 3 hours per day, the battery lasts for 2 days easily. By the end of the second day the percentage is between 12 - 15% (Of 5000mah). The fast charger, charges the batter back in little more than 2 hours. Not bad for a big battery than can go on for 2 days with about 2 hours of charging.

Call quality and Cellular reception has been good. I can safely say its better than my apple. In Hinjewadi (Pune) Airtel signals are very weak. Yet the phone is able to pick up and sometimes even provide HD quality calls.

Sometimes the phone freezes or the display assumes a touch and triggers the screen. Any touch input that I provide in this phase is not accepted. This has happened couple of times and I had to restart the device. Sometimes even during a call.

Its very heavy. I have to use an earphone with mic or put it on speaker for any call that is more than 5 minutes.

The audio quality is average. Its a single speaker output and sometimes the ringer gets blocked in my trousers and sounds very meek. I really have to turn the ringer up to 100% for it to be loud enough. I really hate loud ringtones or alert tones as its very intruding and annoying. Now I keep the phone in my shirt pocket or keep checking every now and then (a bad habit again).

Camera quality is good for day light shots and average for night mode shots.

As my needs are good call quality, battery back up and decent safety aspects this phone fits the bill. I'm going to use this phone for 1 more year and hopefully the S10plus (totally smitten with the design) becomes available with some good offers.

Last edited by no_boundaries : 24th March 2019 at 17:58. Reason: Fast Charging comment added / spellcheck
Old 25th March 2019, 11:54   #28543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Contrary to what the reviews/critics have been saying, the fingerprint scanner works like a charm and is quite quick. I guess the trick is to get your finger or thumb scanned from as many angles as possible for it to work quickly.

It's a brilliant phone.
Congratulations on the S10+ RavenAvi

Another trick that can be used for Samsung phones is adding the fingerprint of same finger again. Click the option of adding another fingerprint for a different finger but add the same finger again. This boosts up the success rate even more. This doesn't work on all phones with fingerprint id but works with S10 I believe.

Cheers,

Pawan
Old 25th March 2019, 15:39   #28544
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
My Samsung A8+ got an android pie update yesterday, with Samsung's one UI. Have no intention of doing a full factory reset, so some UI settings have been preserved. I love the white text on black everywhere.
My first observations. While on my S8 things were automated on the A8 I had to download everything. My S8 has a far lower standby power consumption. Let me check on the A8+ and will report back.
Old 25th March 2019, 17:34   #28545
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you, yogiii & PapaBravo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
Was this part of the bundle offer with S10 or did you find a deal on the watch?
The Galaxy Watch was a pre-launch offer @ Rs 9,999/- (against an MRP of Rs 29,999/-) for all who booked the S10/S10+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Another trick that can be used for Samsung phones is adding the fingerprint of same finger again. Click the option of adding another fingerprint for a different finger but add the same finger again. This boosts up the success rate even more. This doesn't work on all phones with fingerprint id but works with S10 I believe.
Excellent.

Let me try it. Thanks.

On a side note, I got a chance to test the wireless (powershare) charging of the S10+ last night, when my iPhone X was on low battery. Worked like a charm.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 25th March 2019 at 17:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks