Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2019, 07:40   #28636
Team-BHP Support

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Can any of you friends suggest a device which improves mobile network reception? My friend's work area is in basement and has large buildings in both sides, so no phone works there [I tried Jio, AirTel, BSNL yesterday].

Any good recommendation with online link would be helpful. Thanks .
Old 1st May 2019, 10:02   #28637
BHPian

There are many types of mobile signal extenders available. I have seen them mostly online. They typically have 2 parts; an external unit and an internal unit. These two are generally connected over cable.
Old 1st May 2019, 10:10   #28638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Can any of you friends suggest a device which improves mobile network reception?

Any good recommendation with online link would be helpful.
These are called Cell Phone Boosters. Generally network operators offer them for purchase which boosts only their own signals, or OEMs have products that are significantly more expensive but can boost multiple operators' signals.

Surecall and Weboost are probably the better-known ones. Their products ought to be available online (Amazon etc.) but please do you homework before buying one.
Old 1st May 2019, 13:22   #28639
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Moving to a Samsung A70 from my OP5 next week. Any tips on the best way to transfer data?

Not worried about WhatsApp chats or audio/video as I have already backed them up. More concerned about contacts, text messages, app settings etc,.
Got it! First thoughts are amazing screen and huge compared to my OP5.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img20190501wa0007.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img20190501wa0005.jpg  

Old 1st May 2019, 15:40   #28640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Note 9 Users- hows your battery holding up? I am getting a 4 hours SOT only in mobile data usage. I think with the March update, the battery backup has been degraded a bit.
I broke my note 9 screen for the second time!! Was not willing to spend 18k for the screen replacement again nor was willing to go through the insurance claim. Went to a Samsung plaza shop nearby. They took my note 9 for 27k. I walked off with a Samsung A50 6gb variant and 4k cash. The A50 is a very capable device. No lag or heating issue!! My note 9 was having regular heating issue and was becoming hot to the level I can't hold it in my hand. Camera is decent in A50. I thought I will use this as a stop gap device, but this feels good. Good amoled display, good battery backup and decent camera. Any suggestions for tempered glass?
Old 1st May 2019, 15:49   #28641
BHPian

Quote:
I broke my note 9 screen for the second time!! Was not willing to spend 18k for the screen replacement again nor was willing to go through the insurance claim. Went to a Samsung plaza shop nearby. They took my note 9 for 27k. I walked off with a Samsung A50 6gb variant and 4k cash. The A50 is a very capable device. No lag or heating issue!! My note 9 was having regular heating issue and was becoming hot to the level I can't hold it in my hand. Camera is decent in A50. I thought I will use this as a stop gap device, but this feels good. Good amoled display, good battery backup and decent camera. Any suggestions for tempered glass?
I am using A50 for a month and it's a very good device for the price. I bought something called as 5d or 7d glass which covers end to end and you actually can't make out there is glass on top. It comes with blackened borders. You can check it out. I paid around 350 at a store.

KK
Old 1st May 2019, 16:54   #28642
Senior - BHPian

I got Samsung A50 4GB variant for my wife and it is a good device for the price. Paid 300 for tempered glass which covers end to end from local shop. They call it 5D or something.
Old 1st May 2019, 17:45   #28643
BHPian

Guys I have a Samsung Galaxy S9, and it faces a particular issue where it starts heating up when I use mobile data. On wifi it’s completely normal. Samsung guys say it’s something to do with my Sim. What should I do?
Old 1st May 2019, 18:48   #28644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarLoverJosh View Post
Guys I have a Samsung Galaxy S9, and it faces a particular issue where it starts heating up when I use mobile data. On wifi it's completely normal. Samsung guys say it's something to do with my Sim. What should I do?
I faced this with my note 9. I think the 9 series exynos chips had this problem. Escalate to Samsung customer care and push it hard.
Old 1st May 2019, 21:28   #28645
BHPian

Quote:
I faced this with my note 9. I think the 9 series exynos chips had this problem. Escalate to Samsung customer care and push it hard.
They don't seem to care one bit, they outright blamed the network provider even though I failed to understand what the connection is.
Old 1st May 2019, 21:48   #28646
BHPian

Re: Rooting 'Asus Max Pro M1'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Found a thread on reddit that says that the TWRP image linked in lineageos didn;t work and to try this link instead. Hope that helps
It did NOT. I don't know, what went wrong. As of now, I have flashed 3-4 recovery images BUT on reboot it reverts to stock android recovery.
What could be done here? Please advise!

Also, the boot-loader is unlocked and am using the device for almost a week now. Would this anyway, harm my device?
Old 2nd May 2019, 10:41   #28647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
It did NOT. I don't know, what went wrong. As of now, I have flashed 3-4 recovery images BUT on reboot it reverts to stock android recovery.
What could be done here? Please advise!
After recovery is flashed, did you boot into recovery(Volume method) or rebooted the device?
If booting into recovery via volume method is resetting the recovery, You could try following command (where recovery image is same as you flashed)
fastboot boot <recovery.img>

This should take it flashed recovery. You should also flash any root solution so that recovery is not overwritten when rebooted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Also, the boot-loader is unlocked and am using the device for almost a week now. Would this anyway, harm my device?
Technically yes, you can disable sideloading apps option. This prevent any app getting installed from other apps. Downside of unlock is some of the apps stop working (like Banking/payment, UMANG, mAadhaar) unless you have root solution with bypass safety-net.
Old 2nd May 2019, 11:37   #28648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarLoverJosh View Post
They don't seem to care one bit, they outright blamed the network provider even though I failed to understand what the connection is.

Even the S10E with Samsung processor that is being sold in India has the same issue. Read some reviews online highlighting this issue.
Old 2nd May 2019, 13:53   #28649
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Even the S10E with Samsung processor that is being sold in India has the same issue. Read some reviews online highlighting this issue.
Thanks for this piece of info. I was about to take the plunge and get myself an S10.

Moral of the story then is to stay away from Exynos. If you want only a Samsung then stick to the A70 or the upcoming A80 as they come with Snapdragon processors.
Old 2nd May 2019, 15:28   #28650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
After recovery is flashed, did you boot into recovery(Volume method) or rebooted the device?
I went by the instructions which says to reboot into recovery by switching off the device and then booting it by volume down + power button. Once the logo appears release the power button. This takes me back to stock android recovery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks