Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2020, 23:52   #29956
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Needed help with recovering photos.

On my sister's phone, Pixel 2 XL, majority of the photos in the phone are not visible anymore. Last activity was that she installed the updates for Google Photos App today evening and right now none of the photos are visible. Storage available has also increased substantially (suggesting that photos might have been deleted). Any ideas / workarounds to recover the photos.

One option I thought of trying was to un-install the app updates but that popped up a warning that all data might be lost so seemed like not a very good option to try.

One other thing which she did (and which might cause this issue) is that she moved some photos from camera folder to another folder. Not sure if that triggered it somehow.

On searching on google found that this issue has happened with many people. One such thread here.

Are the photos recoverable? Any software which could recover deleted items maybe if I connect the phone to a laptop and run that? Any other suggestions?

Google sync was turned off some months back (and was a mistake).

Any suggestions / inputs would be appreciated.

Thanks,
S
Old 3rd September 2020, 09:58   #29957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi View Post
Needed help with recovering photos.

On my sister's phone, Pixel 2 XL, majority of the photos in the phone are not visible anymore. Last activity was that she installed the updates for Google Photos App today evening and right now none of the photos are visible. Storage available has also increased substantially (suggesting that photos might have been deleted). Any ideas / workarounds to recover the photos.

Are the photos recoverable? Any software which could recover deleted items maybe if I connect the phone to a laptop and run that? Any other suggestions?

S
Similar thing happened to me too. But in my case, the photos were not deleted. I was able to browse the photos using a file manager app, but the Photos app was not displaying the photos previously taken (before the update). The problem got resolved after a few more updates, after which I stopped updating the photos app.

Please check if the same is happening in your case.

Rohan
Old 3rd September 2020, 11:12   #29958
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi View Post
One option I thought of trying was to un-install the app updates but that popped up a warning that all data might be lost so seemed like not a very good option to try.
Usually the app suggests to delete them from your phone after they have been backed-up on the web. Are you able to see them on Google photos on the web?

If the sync is off and if they were deleted from phone, then I dont know for sure if they could be recovered.
Old 8th September 2020, 21:16   #29959
Senior - BHPian

Hello everyone. Can you please suggest me a phone for the following requirements:

• Good capacity of RAM, 4 / 6 / 8 GB.
  • Phone must be fast and quick.
  • Phone must be rugged; built to last long.
  • Camera of 8 or 13 MP is sufficient. Multiple cameras not must. Average photography will do.
  • Flash must for front and back camera.
  • Good display resolution, more than 400 ppi.
  • Good sound quality and microphone.
  • Duel SIM.
  • Very good signal reception is must.
  • 5G compatible.
  • Latest version of Android.

I am extremely happy with Lenovo phones, which I am using from 2014 till date. But don't mind any other make because Lenovo is no more into smartphone.

Budget: Under 15k.

Last edited by Rahul Bhalgat : 8th September 2020 at 21:38.
Old 9th September 2020, 01:22   #29960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
[*]5G compatible..
5G compatibility under 15 k will be hard to find ! Why don’t you give a thought to Nokia 5.3 which is newly launched. With its clean stock Android 10 and with guaranteed updates till Android 12 is hard to beat feature. Also reviews are good everywhere for it !
roamer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 08:17   #29961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Hello everyone. Can you please suggest me a phone for the following requirements:
Currently the cheapest 5G capable phone in India is the OnePlus Nord which starts at 27K.
Given your requirements I would recommend the new Realme 7. It comes with a good processor, 90Hz FHD+ Display, Decent Cameras and a big battery with fast charging too.

Last edited by ampere : 15th September 2020 at 09:03. Reason: trimmed quoted post
rahulcmoulee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 10:02   #29962
BHPian

Any review of the Nokia 5.3 and android one experience by bhp-ians? Seems the perfect mid ranger!

TIA
Old 10th September 2020, 16:39   #29963
BHPian

Anyone using wired Android Auto might be interested in this ongoing Indigogo project. It basically has a small block that is connected to the USB port but it seamlessly connects wirelessly to your phone whenever you are in the car:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a...s/x/24612810#/

PS: I have no monetary benefit in this project.
Old 10th September 2020, 20:30   #29964
BANNED

Who is going to implement 5G in India and when? Will BSNL ever be allowed to roll out 4 G?
Old 15th September 2020, 08:43   #29965
BHPian

Anyone here has bought the Nord. Just booked the 8/128 version, needed some feedback on the plastic body and overall phone as I'm coming from the 3T.
Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 11:30   #29966
BHPian

True 5G is based on line of sight, which mean that unless you are in a direct line with the transmitter you aren't getting a 5G connection. Even a thin paper sheet can block the signal so 5G isn't coming anytime soon. It'll take innumerable transmitters to even cover a town square, so I don't think anyone should fret about a 5G phone anytime soon.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th September 2020, 08:43   #29967
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarnav_b View Post
Anyone here has bought the Nord. Just booked the 8/128 version, needed some feedback on the plastic body and overall phone as I'm coming from the 3T.
Thanks
I am thinking of purchasing the Nord as well. The camera seems to be a slightly weak point, other than that the phone has fairly good reviews as a solid mid-range device. Any reviews from members here would be appreciated!
Old 16th September 2020, 09:13   #29968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
I am thinking of purchasing the Nord as well. The camera seems to be a slightly weak point, other than that the phone has fairly good reviews as a solid mid-range device. Any reviews from members here would be appreciated!
Got my nord yesterday itself. Till now everything works like a charm, the camera is nice in good lighting conditions, in nightfall it falls short. I have installed GCam from the XDADev site, and nightsight works superbly. Here are some samples
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img_20200915_202723.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img_20200915_203820.jpg  

aarnav_b is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2020, 09:29   #29969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarnav_b View Post
Got my nord yesterday itself. Till now everything works like a charm, the camera is nice in good lighting conditions, in nightfall it falls short. I have installed GCam from the XDADev site, and nightsight works superbly. Here are some samples
That is good to hear. For the technologically challenged folks like me - is this Nightsight that you refer to something that can be easily installed by ""basic users", and like any other app, or is there some technical/complicated way of enabling this? Also, how long did the delivery take? Did you purchase it through Amazon? Lastly, are you facing the screen green tinting issue that some users have complained about?

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 16th September 2020 at 09:30.
Old 16th September 2020, 09:50   #29970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
That is good to hear. For the technologically challenged folks like me - is this Nightsight that you refer to something that can be easily installed by ""basic users", and like any other app, or is there some technical/complicated way of enabling this? Also, how long did the delivery take? Did you purchase it through Amazon? Lastly, are you facing the screen green tinting issue that some users have complained about?
https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/a...changelog1323/
Here is the link through which all nord users can download the GCam app, it is a port from the Pixel app and uses Google's superb computational photography software to click great pics, the nightsight feature is here. No technical knowledge needed, just install the app, and allow in the settings to install from third party sources.
I purchased it through the Amazon sale, and being a prime member, got next day delivery.
About the green screen, I haven't yet seen it, will update here, although there is some screen burn in.
aarnav_b is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed