Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2021, 11:50   #30256
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Which sub 15k phone has the most stable hardware? My anxiety is that the segment has become expensive of late with 15k phones sporting 720p displays (Sorry Mi, the A3 was terrible with a mediocre display and shitty updates, and no fast charger either!)

Is there a Toyota Corolla equivalent in the 15k segment? One which offers long term bulletproof reliability without the fanciest features. Nokia's become too expensive and a couple of close friend's experience with 5.3 and 6.1+
Right now on Flipkart:

1.POCO M2 PRO @11 K with offers
2.Motorola G9 power @ 11 k with offers for pure Android
3.POCO X3 @ 14 k with offers

Poco software removes ads from MIUI. But not as clean as pure Android.

4.Samsung A series M series. Ranging from M31 @ 12.5k to M51 @22k
drsingh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2021, 18:26   #30257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
What do you mean by "stable hardware"? Does the Samsung A21 6/128 fit the bill? Or A21s 4/64?
In Sept 2017, I bought the htc u11. I had to reach up to the kind CEO to get a replacement device free of ghost touches in Jun 2018. March 2020, the device stopped charging and I had nowhere to take it. Ex-HTC employees couldn't help. I ordered charging PCB from Aliexpress but even that didn't solve anything.

On the other hand, wife's iPhone 6s only underwent the free battery replacement and had NO issues otherwise since Oct 2016 till date. First as her daily driver (2+ hours of commute video besides calls till end 2019). Then as my son's phone for him to play online with his friends, it has only seen rough use with zero complaints or lag except the mediocre battery. Ditto for my bbhabhi's 1+ 3T - now my niece's lag-free hobby class attendance tool.

These are products that aged well.
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 17:37   #30258
Senior - BHPian

Hello everyone. I was embarrassed to find out when I purchased the car that my A70s doesn't have a c type to USB connection cable. Does anyone have a remedy that doesn't include the online adapters which going by reviews are of cheap quality and break up easily?
Old 25th January 2021, 20:55   #30259
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
car that my A70s doesn't have a c type to USB connection cable.
What does a car have to this? Well, let me guess - the car has a USB port, your phone has USB - C connector. And you have a micro USB cable. Or you have a micro USB phone and type C cable. Whatever, please try Amazon. Particularly tge "Amazon Basic" brand braided cables. Also, there are type C to micro USB adaptors about an inch long. Or tge other way around. Ant combination - YSB type A, the C. Micro USB or whatever. Just get the specification right. Cost should be a couple of hundred ₹, or maybe, ₹ 500 for cables.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 21:16   #30260
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
. Does anyone have a remedy that doesn't include the online adapters which going by reviews are of cheap quality and break up easily?
Invest in a good quality USB C type to USB A / C cable instead.
Old 26th January 2021, 07:49   #30261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone. I was embarrassed to find out when I purchased the car that my A70s doesn't have a c type to USB connection cable.
I use Amazon Basic branded cables in both my cars. Works just fine and it has been 2+ years.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B01GGKYKQM
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 14:27   #30262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Need help in locating my past payments on Samsung Pay application. I tried but I don't seem to find it. I have to go my linked bank account and check my statements from there.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
I accidentally found this. On the app's home screen, if you tap on any payment source, it will display it's details and the recent transactions for that source (made from the app).

I haven't found a way to view a combined statement from all payment sources, if that's what you were after.
neelkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 08:40   #30263
Team-BHP Support

Any application for android where I can track my parents phone, their location instead of calling them and asking, and they not picking it up and me panicking.
Old 29th January 2021, 08:54   #30264
BANNED

Quote:
Any application for android where I can track my parents phone, their location instead of calling them and asking, and they not picking it up and me panicking.
You can use Google maps location sharing feature in each phone account with you .
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 09:00   #30265
BANNED

Quote:
I believe they are grown ups. Leave them alone. Unless there is any medical issue, in which case the should have somebody accompanying them.

What if the battery is not charged? GPS + data + continuous data upload = battery drain.

I think Strava (sports activity) has a feature for this.

Please don't feel offended, I was thinking of this for my kids, when they went out cycling, but then realised that hardly 20 years back, all we had was trust the other person's ability.

Last edited by Aditya : 29th January 2021 at 20:36. Reason: Typos
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Received Infraction
Old 29th January 2021, 09:26   #30266
BHPian

Quote:
Whatsapp has live location sharing. But at one time it is for max up to 8 hours. Have used it when on road trips.
Old 29th January 2021, 10:18   #30267
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Google maps has this feature of sharing location and there is no length of time limit, but I believe the battery drains faster.

An easier option is to do keep location on in your parents phone and do a find my phone from your phone/laptop.

Last edited by Sheel : 29th January 2021 at 15:13. Reason: ur = your.
bharanidharang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 10:26   #30268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We (my wife & I) use Google Maps' location sharing feature. Instead of she calling me and asking where I have reached (during my solo inter-city drives), I share my location with her. Works out quite well.

In terms of privacy implications - I figure Google knowing that I have additional use-cases for this information which they already have access to, is the lesser evil when compared to adding yet another $megacorp into the mix (WA/FB, for example).
Old 30th January 2021, 01:18   #30269
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
Whatsapp has live location sharing. But at one time it is for max up to 8 hours. Have used it when on road trips.
I tracked my wife's progress on a trip to Bangalore with relatives. No particular reason except it was fun to follow, and to see how it worked. It worked well, and was fun.

One day soon, we'll be able to watch as well!
Old 30th January 2021, 07:22   #30270
Senior - BHPian

Nothing beats Google maps for location sharing. Earlier iphone had live tracking via find my phone, but later they changed it to refresh every few seconds.

Google maps also does refresh every few seconds.

Have been using location sharing within our family for years, earlier via find my iphone on iOS and later when Google launched this service on maps.

A relevant story of me tracking my brother's lost phone and retrieval via find my iphone was published in mint , link here

https://www.livemint.com/Technology/...ace-it-or.html

Also, for our longer trips, we do video call and watch the live travel with his phone working as a dashcam giving live video to me. I can exactly guide the turns etc in this case even better

Refresh every few seconds means that you don't have continuous live data, as a result in trips the person has moved ahead, but maps shows a few seconds old data then it refreshes. A live data would mean that you see the blue icon moving real-time

Last edited by tanwaramit : 30th January 2021 at 07:34.
tanwaramit is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks