Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2021, 04:44   #30466

Re: Stock Android Device?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
What is the opinion about Mi11x?
I need a phone with 5g, AMOLED and preferably wireless charging for <30K. Mi 11x doesn't have wireless charging, but rest of the specs looks good. I use the phone for years and was using my 2013 Mi3 untill 2019 when Airtel shut down their 3g network. The phone is still working great and hasn't slowed down for my usage. I am currently on a loaner Samsung m20 and need a new phone.

I was waiting for A52 5G, but Mi11x looks tempting. Is the 5G on Mi 11x just for the name sake as in OnePlus?
Do consider Iqoo 7. Has the same chipset and has better cooling resulting in good antutu scores. According to some honest reviewers like Geekyrenjith, the camera in Iqoo 7 is better than even the oneplus 9R. The U.I is almost stock I heard.
Mi 10t, Iqoo 3 etc don't make sense unless heavily discounted
The21st is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 18:54   #30467
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post

I was waiting for A52 5G, but Mi11x looks tempting. Is the 5G on Mi 11x just for the name sake as in OnePlus?
Go to the 12:30 mark-

It supports 2 5G bands. Personally, I wouldn't choose this over the 9R or any other phone only because it supports two 5G bands vs one.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 10:07   #30468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The21st View Post
Mi 10t, Iqoo 3 etc don't make sense unless heavily discounted
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
It supports 2 5G bands. Personally, I wouldn't choose this over the 9R or any other phone only because it supports two 5G bands vs one.
Thank you, I will skip Mi for now and will wait for A72 5G or similar.
Old 4th May 2021, 11:41   #30469
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The S20 FE 5G has reduced from 47,777 to 43,999. They also have 0% EMI.

The specs are some of the best and IMO a much better buy than the Oneplus 9 series.
After a lot of research, finally ordered Galaxy S20 FE 5G through Amazon.
Delivery expected tomorrow before 9 PM. The final billing price paid was 43,341
(44,000 after coupon discount, additional discount of 653 with ICICI amazon pay credit card) . Another Rs. 2167 as cashback will be credited to amazon pay account at the end of the cycle. (5%, unlimited). So the effective price will be Rs. 41,173.

Upgrading from a 2.5-year-old Poco F1. Hope this serves me for at least 3 years.
Any suggestion on a safe portal for selling the old phone? Cashify is quoting 6.5K for the pocoF1. Any possibility of getting a higher price elsewhere? not interested in selling on OLX.
sandsun7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 23:48   #30470
BHPian

I am facing issues with call recording on my brand new Samsung A52. I did the setup for auto call recording on settings of the 'phone' app. Even then, it does NOT record any calls. But when I called the 'Samsung Helpline' magically the call was getting recorded. The technician pointed the same and closed the issue. Later when I try other numbers the call is NOT getting recorded.

What am I missing here? Please advise!
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20210504234403_call-settings.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20210504234412_my-files.jpg  

Old 5th May 2021, 18:50   #30471
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
What do folks here think about the Vivo V60? Not the pro or pro plus, but the regular one with the flat screen. How is the funtouch OS in the Vivo phones? Not a fan of custom skins, but I can live with it if there is not too much of bloatware.

Am looking for something to replace my OnePlus 7. Nothing really wrong with the phone, just bored after 2 years. The new OnePlus series does not look interesting.

Am looking for a light weight phone with decent performance. I was hoping that the MI 11 lite would come, but Xiaomi did not bring it here.

Thanks in advance.
I wont suggest funtouch Os, it has bloatware, more than that, if you want to use fitnessbands it wont work properly in oppo color os, vivo funtouch os etc, not sure about miui.
Because these Os's are not mere skins but reworked android, many automation softwares like macdroid or tasker wont work as intended.

I wont suggest MI 11 it has only 33watts charging, i suggest choose 65watts charging phone, it will be a big change. I am waiting for 120watts charging phones which are coming year end, to me its more imporatant than cameras. Many people overlook this charging speed which is a game changer in my opinion.
Old 6th May 2021, 12:54   #30472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I am facing issues with call recording on my brand new Samsung A52. I did the setup for auto call recording on settings of the 'phone' app. Even then, it does NOT record any calls.
What am I missing here? Please advise!

This looks like a bug. I have the same issue with my Note 10.

Initially, I set it up to only record calls from unknown numbers - but it failed to record a few calls. I then switched to record all calls - but that is also hit-or-miss.
Old 6th May 2021, 23:23   #30473
BHPian

I have a Oneplus 7T that i bought as soon as it was launched. So it is in Oct of 2019. The battery now is showing its age. I have to almost charge the phone twice. I also feel that warp charging is not as fast as it was in the beginning I don't game but i read a lot on the phone, plus check news and other sites. I don't use social media. Instagram is opened, may be once in about 2 weeks. I couldn't understand what is eating all the battery. Nothing is apparent from the battery stats in the phone.

Should i buy a new phone now? The itch is getting more day by day. My first preference is another oneplus phone but none of the oneplus models excite me. Frankly the battery on 8,8T and 9 is very disappointing.

How is the Mi 11x Pro? I think it has all the bells and whistles, latest chip, enough RAM, descent storage and 4520maH battery. Would this battery be sufficient? I think it will be available from tomorrow, so lets see.

Are there any other phones in 30-45k price range with (almost) latest chip, RAM, storage and more than average battery?
Old 6th May 2021, 23:38   #30474
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
I have a Oneplus 7T that i bought as soon as it was launched. So it is in Oct of 2019. The battery now is showing its age. I have to almost charge the phone twice. I also feel that warp charging is not as fast as it was in the beginning I don't game but i read a lot on the phone, plus check news and other sites. I don't use social media. Instagram is opened, may be once in about 2 weeks. I couldn't understand what is eating all the battery. Nothing is apparent from the battery stats in the phone.
Install "oneplus diagnostic" app to check battery health, its not in playstore, you have to download it from apkmirror. I have 1.5 year old oneplus 7 when checked the battery health is at 87% which is normal i think.
splitsecond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 00:01   #30475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
Install "oneplus diagnostic" app to check battery health, its not in playstore, you have to download it from apkmirror. I have 1.5 year old oneplus 7 when checked the battery health is at 87% which is normal i think.
I installed it and ran the battery check. It showed 88% and said healthy. But the reality doesn't match these numbers!
Old 7th May 2021, 00:18   #30476
BANNED

Quote:
I installed it and ran the battery check. It showed 88% and said healthy. But the reality doesn't match these numbers!
Me too charge the phone twice a day, but my usage is like one hour whatsapp, one hour youtube, three hours my office app and some 50 calls, bluetooth, wifi, mobile data always ON, by night charge will be at 10~20% which i think is normal. Did you try some other battery monitoring app? , and about your wrap charger, it should charge your battery to 35% in 15 minutes.
Old 7th May 2021, 07:14   #30477
BHPian

Quote:

Should i buy a new phone now? The itch is getting more day by day. My first preference is another oneplus phone but none of the oneplus models excite me. Frankly the battery on 8,8T and 9 is very disappointing.
?
Before going for a new phone did you try a factory reset? Its worth starting from a clean system and if the issue is related some app misbehaving, it may get fixed. Once you factory reset try to install and use only the most basic apps you need. And see if the problem persists .
Old 7th May 2021, 09:23   #30478
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

How is the Mi 11x Pro? I think it has all the bells and whistles, latest chip, enough RAM, descent storage and 4520maH battery. Would this battery be sufficient? I think it will be available from tomorrow, so lets see.

Are there any other phones in 30-45k price range with (almost) latest chip, RAM, storage and more than average battery?
Well your Oneplus 7t is a good phone and if you just get the battery changed, it would be good to last you another 1-2 years. The Battery cost for official Oneplus centres is around 1800 only (1300 for battery + 472 for labor) - I had gotten my Oneplus 6t battery changed.
https://www.oneplus.in/support/repai...etails?code=22

Upgrading from a Oneplus 7T to a Oneplus 9R/ 9 Pro would not really show you any dramatic improvements in experience or speed. I recently upgraded from a Oneplus 6T (8GB/ 128) to a Oneplus 9R (12/256) and apart from a little faster speed and screen smoothness and clarity (120HZ), I do not feel much difference in user experience. I feel that for normal users, phone technology has reached a saturation point where a normal user may not feel much of a difference - only if you are a camera enthusiast, you might look for better options or if you are an avid gamer, it may make a big difference. For a normal user - with office mails, browsing and a little binge watching, it would hardly make any difference!
So first option: Get your battery changed, use it for 1 year more and wait out for better options
Second option: Marginally better experience : Buy a Nord 12/256 with 90Hz display at around 32k
Third Option: Go for a Oneplus 9R - around 43K - 120Hz screen and good screen quality, little bit faster than 7T

Having used Oneplus for 5 years now, I feel the software experience is much cleaner than other brands like Samsung and Mi.

Last edited by Behemoth : 7th May 2021 at 09:26.
Old 7th May 2021, 09:55   #30479
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Well your Oneplus 7t is a good phone and if you just get the battery changed, it would be good to last you another 1-2 years. The Battery cost for official Oneplus centres is around 1800 only (1300 for battery + 472 for labor) - I had gotten my Oneplus 6t battery changed.
https://www.oneplus.in/support/repai...etails?code=22
Hi, how clean is their new battery installation? Does the mobile body intact? squeaky?
And did you data wipe the phone before giving to them? Or just locking enough?
Old 7th May 2021, 10:31   #30480
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
Hi, how clean is their new battery installation? Does the mobile body intact? squeaky?
And did you data wipe the phone before giving to them? Or just locking enough?
I got it done at official Oneplus service centre (waiting there, took 1 hour) in Gurgaon.
Installation and quality was as good as original and no squeaks / gaps anywhere
I had locked the phone, but you have to share your pin for them to check the phone.

One point I missed adding: 9r has 65w warp charge which charges the phone full in less than 40min. With a 4500mah battery it gives 6 hr Sot and almost 32 hours standby

Last edited by Behemoth : 7th May 2021 at 10:54.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks