Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2022, 09:34   #31441
Oxy
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
A52s is currently selling at 29-30k. Excellent deal again at that price and please don't buy A53. It has much inferior chipset and performance than A52s. Do watch some you tube comparisons to understand this better.
Well performance is not important for everyone. Non gamers like myself would happily trade the couple of extra A78 performance cores on the chipset for a much superior battery life.

There is something with Samsung and their 4500 mah batteries. My A52s barely gives me screen on time of 4 to 4.5 hours, and I have heard a couple of my friends report pathetic battery life on their S20 FE 5G as well.

The M52, which has the exact same chipset as the A52s, comes with a 5000 mah battery and it's supposedly phenomenal from what I hear.

Hence I have high hopes from the A53 and the A33 on the battery life front at least. A 5000 mah unit inside, along with a supposedly power efficient 5nm processor should result in decent battery life. Charging the A52s twice a day with that 15w Samsung charger is quite annoying to put it mildly.
Old 31st March 2022, 12:24   #31442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Charging the A52s twice a day with that 15w Samsung charger is quite annoying to put it mildly.
Couldn't agree more. I uninstalled few apps, tried to clean the clutter BUT even then, by evening need to charge again. This has been happening from past 2-3 weeks, so am suspecting the previous update to be the reason.

Hope they fix this issue by the next update. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 31st March 2022 at 13:19. Reason: A word
Old 31st March 2022, 14:58   #31443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Couldn't agree more. I uninstalled few apps, tried to clean the clutter BUT even then, by evening need to charge again. This has been happening from past 2-3 weeks, so am suspecting the previous update to be the reason.

Hope they fix this issue by the next update. Fingers crossed.
The latest update for M52s had some bugs. Last I heard Samsung was working to rectify it. Probably battery discharge is one of it. Do Google and see how the update has affected the phone.
Old 1st April 2022, 08:10   #31444
BHPian

For those trying to decide on which phone to buy:

https://www.fastcompany.com/90737010...-repair-ifixit
Quote:
Starting this summer, Samsung says it will sell genuine parts and tools to customers needed to repair its Galaxy S20 and Galaxy S21 smartphones, along with its Galaxy Tab S7+ tablet. The company, which is partnering with device repair resource iFixit on the initiative, will also provide access to step-by-step repair guides, and it plans to support more devices and repairs over time
Attached Images

Old 2nd April 2022, 12:02   #31445
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
... fixed under warranty...
Fat load of good the replacement did me. This showed up today. 'Revised part', they said. *blows raspberry*.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img_20220402_114811__02.jpg

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 2nd April 2022 at 12:08.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2022, 12:40   #31446
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Overall, rather prompt logistics and decent service from B2X proper, but Google support needed a polite but firm word to not take me for a fool and void my warranty on top of refusing to acknowledge a product issue.
Something that will probably never happen with Apple. Every device apart from my phone is from the Apple ecosystem and i am hoping to keep it that way as long as Google keeps doing the A series phones. But stuff like this is an annoyance especially from Google. Not expected at all.
Old 3rd April 2022, 00:08   #31447
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Anybody considering S21FE could as well pick up the S21 plus from Croma. Some of the days it can be bought for around 52k which makes it an excellent buy. This phone is a massively underrated phone.
If I may ask, which Croma store gave you this price? Do you have the contact number of any salesman there by any chance?
Old 3rd April 2022, 06:37   #31448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
If I may ask, which Croma store gave you this price? Do you have the contact number of any salesman there by any chance?
Online price. It was selling for 55k and there was an instant discount of 3k for ICICI credit cards. Looks like it's sold out now.
I bought one for 60k couple of weeks back by the way.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 20:48   #31449
BHPian

My wishlist for Android ecosystem:

1) Products from Indian brands (Micromax, Lava, Intex, Karbonn, iBall, Xolo, Yu).

2) Either Indian brands can have Android UI of their own (minimal bloatware & close to stock Android) + Good hardware (chipset, camera, display output, timely updates for at least 3 years).

3) Tie up with Google to launch stock Android UI phones like Android One project.

4) Launch of Google Pixel phones with improved service centers & their locations.

5) Comeback of HTC, Sony, LG.

Last edited by Bhupesh_2628 : 3rd April 2022 at 20:51.
Bhupesh_2628 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 15:35   #31450
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
With the Android itch ignited again, earlier this week I had a good look at the new Samsung S22 range. The S22 Ultra looked really good, but effectively a new renamed Note that follows the S series release cycle. Since I have an affinity towards smaller and a bit more pocketable devices, I turned my attention to the standard S22 (not the Plus).

I will wait for a couple of weeks to see more reviews, feedback (especially on the battery backup), and then decide accordingly. The alternate option will be to continue with iOS (13 Pro) for another year at least.
So I went ahead and ordered the Samsung Galaxy S22 256 GB (Green), and the delivery is expected on Friday morning. Many still mention battery a bit lacking when compared to the bigger siblings (Plus and Ultra), but hopefully it will be good to see through the day. Will see how iPhone evolve over 14 range and see if 15 is worth a switch back, or Android will allure me for an extended stay.

Last edited by vb-saan : 4th April 2022 at 15:37.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2022, 16:58   #31451
BHPian

Please suggest a good Android phone in the range of 30-35k. Will be used by my wife for basic stuff like social networking apps, youtube videos etc, no heavy gaming.

Last edited by Sheel : 9th April 2022 at 17:33. Reason: Please capitalise your starting word. Thanks.
Old 9th April 2022, 19:01   #31452
Team-BHP Support

Got the S22 (256GB, Green) delivered yesterday. Initial impressions are fairly positive. It took an hour plus to move everything from iPhone 12 mini and the process was pretty smooth. Even WhatsApp got neatly transferred using the Samsung SmartSwitch.

Initial impressions:
  • Nice build quality and feels premium. Fit and finish matches that of latest iPhones.
  • Light weight and easy for one-handed usage. Not as light as the 12 mini, but still quite easy to pocket.
  • Good camera setup; Samsung flagships are now closer to iPhone and Pixel when it comes to picture quality. The Portrait mode actually is now better on the Samsung compared to the iPhone 13 Pro Max.
  • There are a few pre-loaded apps. But thankfully its now minimum and is easy to knock off. And Bixby is not intrusive as before, and can keep as almost non-existent.
  • Its not easy and fluid to use when compared to the iPhone. Maybe it’s a matter of getting used to.
  • The fingerprint sensor works really well but got a bit tentative after putting on the screen protector. Got better after re-registering the fingerprints, but maybe I will see if there is a better screen protector option.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img_6768.jpg
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img_6766.jpg

With the Forest Green Samsung leather case

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img_6769.jpg
vb-saan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th April 2022, 23:14   #31453
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the S22 world.

I am currently in love with the https://insights.samsung.com/2022/02...-samsung-dex-9

Try it out, its too good.

I connect wirelessly to my TV and a Bluetooth Keyboard and my document editing on the TV is so much easier to do.
bblost is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 11:18   #31454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
Please suggest a good Android phone in the range of 30-35k. Will be used by my wife for basic stuff like social networking apps, Youtube videos, etc, with no heavy gaming.
Samsung A52s would be my pick!

My sister picked up one recently for a similar usage pattern and she is happy with it.
driving_smartly is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 13:36   #31455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
Please suggest a good Android phone in the range of 30-35k. Will be used by my wife for basic stuff like social networking apps, Youtube videos etc, no heavy gaming.
Below 40k Iqoo SE is the best all-rounder phone. It's around 33-34k with some card discount on Amazon. Great screen and cameras with a last gen flagship processor.

Samsung A52s is another good one which is below 30k now.

Do not go for Samsung A53 as the processor isn't upto the mark.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed