Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2022, 12:47   #31726
BHPian

Re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Existing installations will continue to work for another 2 years as I understand it, but distribution is stopped - so someone who wants to install it fresh cannot. Take a look at its website: https://vancedapp.com

(I have kept personal copies of the 4 APK files, so I'm safe for these 2 years while an alternative emerges).
That’s such a shame! Vanced was a game changer and a life saver for many, including myself. OT, but could you send me the APK files over DM? Thanks.
Old 1st August 2022, 15:44   #31727
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Use YouTube Vanced if you're on Android ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Youtube Vanced is no longer being distributed. ...
Indeed. Being a far superior interface, why couldn't google buy it rather than shut it down. Not the youtube/google way, I'm afraid.

Development is over. The message was, existing installations will work as long as they work. And I noticed an ad last time I used it.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd August 2022 at 05:05. Reason: As requested
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 17:20   #31728
BANNED

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Thanks guys. Just bought POCO M4 Pro 5G(128GB with 6GB RAM) for 14.6k, after exchange of Rs.1K for Mi3, got it for Rs.13.6K. Is this a good enough deal as i see now they have updated the price to Rs17K!
It's a good deal, prices have been jacked up now so that when Flipkart Big Savings Day sale starts on August 5(for plus members)/August 6, the 15k price would seem like a great deal!
Old 5th August 2022, 17:58   #31729
Senior - BHPian

The display of my wife's Moto G4 (16GB Internal Memory) has cracked and right half display is off.

Thinking of taking this opportunity to buy new phone. Unable to decide between Moto G52 (supports 4G only) and Moto G71 (Supports 5G).

She uses phone for WhatsApp, YouTube, Facebook. Current Sims are of Jio and Bsnl.

Does going for 5G makes sense at this stage or buy 4G and wait?

The Moto G4 was bought in Jan. 2017.

Any other phone that I should consider?
Old 6th August 2022, 07:26   #31730
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
The display of my wife's Moto G4 (16GB Internal Memory) has cracked and right half display is off.

Thinking of taking this opportunity to buy new phone. Unable to decide between Moto G52 (supports 4G only) and Moto G71 (Supports 5G).

She uses phone for WhatsApp, YouTube, Facebook. Current Sims are of Jio and Bsnl.

the G71 5G is an excellent choice in this range with crisp AMOLED display, SD 695 processor, 5000 mAh battery and 33W fast charging, moreover it's close to stock android as well. At current prices of Rs.15,999 for the 6gb 128gb variant with additional card discount of Rs.1,000. It's a good deal.

other models worth considering are the Poco X4 Pro 5G (6gb 128gb) and IQOO Z6 5G.
Old 6th August 2022, 09:36   #31731
BANNED

Quote:
The Current Sims are of Jio and Bsnl.

Have a look at Samsung galaxy A series, like A 21 or M series. Will be a couple of K more. The Nord 2 CE lite too, of you can spend more. But smoother. Get the version with highest RAM and internal memory.

I think the G 4 i used broke a few months after you got yours.Did not feel it have adequate in privacy - a person sitting next to me could hear what the person on the other side of a call was saying.

The current A8+ is 4 years old, and in spot of running Android 9, is still nifty. But the better is running down real fast.
Old 6th August 2022, 16:45   #31732
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I have ordered iQOO 9T for replacement of my one plus phone. Let's see if Amazon doesn't create replacement hassle. If all goes fine there, I would be looking forward to this phone. Looks like it's got snapdragon 8+ gen1, which has got high praise.
Old 6th August 2022, 16:57   #31733
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
I have ordered iQOO 9T for replacement of my one plus phone. Let's see if Amazon doesn't create replacement hassle. If all goes fine there, I would be looking forward to this phone. Looks like it's got snapdragon 8+ gen1, which has got high praise.
Great purchase! the iQOO 9T is a great phone for the price with excellent display. super-fast 120W charging and the best snapdragon processor you can get.
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 17:08   #31734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sorry for not mentioning the budget.
I am looking to buy the phone under Rs. 15000/-.
Also the phone won't be used for playing any game.
If it makes sense to buy 5G at this stage, which phones would support 5G bands of Jio?

EDIT: -
Has Samsung succeed in removing Bloatware from their phones? Do Samsung phones still slow down after 3-4 years of usage?

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 6th August 2022 at 17:11. Reason: As above.
Old 6th August 2022, 17:39   #31735
BANNED

Quote:
Sorry for not mentioning the budget.
I am looking to buy the phone under Rs. 15000/-.
Also the phone won't be used for playing any game.
If it makes sense to buy 5G at this stage, which phones would support 5G bands of Jio?

Has Samsung succeed in removing Bloatware from their phones? Do Samsung phones still slow down after 3-4 years of usage?
the G71 is still a good choice provided you have an ICICI or Kotak Credit card, then you will get it at 15k, I mentioned 5g capable handsets due to two reasons:
1. they are future proof with 5g launching in India over the next year.
2. they usually have better processors over their 4g counterparts.

If Samsung's what you are looking for the Samsung F23 5G would fulfil your needs.
Old 6th August 2022, 18:42   #31736
BANNED

Quote:
... makes sense to buy 5G at this stage, which phones would support 5G bands of Jio?

Since you use jio, it actually makes sense. My BSNL is still H+ when net is available at all. No LTE. Online shopping apps and FB lite take ages by the time pages load. Since I'm on wifi at most locations, it does not make much of a difference.

Rant -
Yes, Samsung does have quite a bit of bloatware. The Samsung store often elbows out Google Play Store and auto updates apps. But every time I think of going for any other brand, I'm reminded of my sister's two Huawei Honor photes, that don't serve any purpose - play Store just disappeared one fine day.

Honestly have been looking out to replace this A8+ for almost a year. You'll find my posts on that. I got a Nord 2 which is used by my son. On the Samsung, I can disable many apps, i actually have. But not things like the Samsung store which can't be disabled.

I sometimes get tempted to get one of the OnePlus 9 or 10 series phones everytime the Samsung store notification comes up. Or when the battery gets over by 4. (it is a 4 year phone). But Nothing looks VFM right now when compared to what this was when new.

Since the Samsung A series phones and some others can be linked up to a card and Samsung pay to be used in lieu of a card at swipe machine, you might NOT want to get it for the wife. Just joking.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 21:11   #31737
BANNED

(The previous post was made yesterday)

Just for the record. I ended up buying the Galaxy S21 FE 256 MB version. Paid the MRP with no discounts. From Croma online. I hope it has the wireless charging feature. The box does not contain a charger, only cable. Let's see what comes.
Old 7th August 2022, 21:34   #31738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Please do a thorough review once you receive it and get acquainted. My only concern is the software that is the OS as coming from One UI from Samsung I am not sure how good funtouch OS will be. Otherwise specs are best under 50k imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
(The previous post was made yesterday)

Just for the record. I ended up buying the Galaxy S21 FE 256 MB version. Paid the MRP with no discounts. From Croma online. I hope it has the wireless charging feature. The box does not contain a charger, only cable. Let's see what comes.
I will advise you against wireless charging. It's slower and heats the phone more. It has just 15w wireless charging capability. Rather buy the 25 watt wired charger from Samsung store or online. Costs somewhere around 1200 bucks.
harry10 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 00:40   #31739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Yes, Samsung does have quite a bit of bloatware. The Samsung store often elbows out Google Play Store and auto updates apps. On the Samsung, I can disable many apps, i actually have. But not things like the Samsung store which can't be disabled.

I sometimes get tempted to get one of the OnePlus 9 or 10 series phones everytime the Samsung store notification comes up. Or when the battery gets over by 4. (it is a 4 year phone).
Why NOT install a compatible 'Custom ROM' from XDA? The samsung hardware is pretty good, you just need a lightweight ROM.

I am contemplating installing one on my, year old 'Samsung A52'.
BTW, I have been dodging the samsung request to create the 'samsung store' account, when ever it pops up.
Old 8th August 2022, 07:07   #31740
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Why NOT install a compatible 'Custom ROM' from XDA? The samsung hardware is pretty good, you just need a lightweight ROM.

I am contemplating installing one on my, year old 'Samsung A52'.
BTW, I have been dodging the samsung request to create the 'samsung store' account, when ever it pops up.
Have done it. On my first Android phone. Nowadays, financial apps won't work on routes devices. Retained the existing A8+ with some evil and nefarious objectives .... Like teaching the two wannabe engineers @ home the basics of these good deeds.

BTW, what is Samsung store doing in a custom ROM?
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks