Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2022, 10:54   #31756
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

So, Nothing is back in controversy.

Apparently at launch they claimed 1200 nits peak brightness. Upon testing people discovered it goes max at 700 nits due to software limitations. Nothing has now quietly changed the brightness information on its site to 700 nits. This is why I prefer sticking to established brands.
harry10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 15:19   #31757
Senior - BHPian

How safe and reliable is Online Purchase at Reliancedigital.in?

I have missed the discount offer (I think Rs. 1500/- discount) on Flipkart for Moto G71 5G.

I don't have HDFC Card for which the Flipkart has offer.
I have ICICI and SBI Debit Cards (Reliance Digital has offer for ICICI Card).

Should I buy the above phone from Reliance Digital online or is Flipkart going to come with other offer?

I don't want to go Chinese Phones and Samsung (AKA Bloatware) Phones. No offense meant to the owners of these phones.
Old 14th August 2022, 17:18   #31758
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
If there is a physical store nearby, why not check with them too?

I bought an iPhone 12 from a Reliance digital store earlier this year. No issues with offers etc, the price was exactly same as available online. The ICICI cashback was credited after a few months without any need of followups etc.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 10:14   #31759
BHPian

Quote:

I have missed the discount offer (I think Rs. 1500/- discount) on Flipkart for Moto G71 5G.

I don't have HDFC Card for which the Flipkart has offer.
I have ICICI and SBI Debit Cards (Reliance Digital has offer for ICICI Card).

Should I buy the above phone from Reliance Digital online or is Flipkart going to come with other offer?

I don't want to go Chinese Phones and Samsung (AKA Bloatware) Phones. No offense meant to the owners of these phones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
If there is a physical store nearby, why not check with them too?

I bought an iPhone 12 from a Reliance digital store earlier this year. No issues with offers etc, the price was exactly same as available online. The ICICI cashback was credited after a few months without any need of followups etc.
I ordered a Moto G71 from Reliance Digital Online Store a couple of days ago and got it at a final price of 13923 /- post 1500 /- CC discount and new user discount of 500 /-. So, this is my 1st purchase from Reliance Digital Online Store and I hope it works out well. It is In Transit and i should have it in my hands in a day or two and i can then share an update here. Problem is it is coming via Delhivery, so i am crossing my fingers in anticipation. .
I did call up the nearest Reliance Digital Store before purchase to check if i can purchase it Offline by visiting the Store, but they did not have it in stock and recommended to Order Online.

I had the option of Flipkart, but was getting a slightly better price from Reliance Digital due to the new User Offer. Also, i have been an Amazon Loyal Customer now and was skeptical of ordering from Flipkart due to few horror stories i have heard. Also, the Seller though Flipkart Assured, had a rating of 3.3. So, skipped it.

Talking about the phone, i purchased it for my Wife as a replacement for her Redmi Note 7 Pro. Can any users of Moto G71 let me know how is the performance of the Phone and any Issues i need to be wary of. Any easy and recommended Tool for transferring Contacts, SMS and WhatsApp messages from Mi to Moto.

Thanks.
abhi3284 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 11:56   #31760
BHPian

Quote:
I bought G71 and G51 with 2 different HDFC cards to avail the offers. Both reached the destinations Kota and Jaipur within 3 days as mentioned on website. Transaction and delivery was super smooth.
These models are online only so you won't find them in physical stores. I enquired in 2 different stores but got the same reply.

Last edited by Nicky : 17th August 2022 at 11:58.
Old 17th August 2022, 16:04   #31761
Senior - BHPian

As someone who missed out on a flip phone back in the day (wanted a Nokia 2650 but was out of budget at the time & then the Razr was just too common), the Samsung flip series always excited me, especially after the Z Flip 3 was a great improvement.

As you might have inferred from the Razr comment above, I don't like choosing the popular option and like something different when it comes to phones - there's very little in terms of innovation nowadays honestly.

2.5 years back I picked up the Note 10 Lite for the S-Pen and actually loved the experience. I started eyeing the Flip3 as the next upgrade for the uniqueness of a folding screen, but 2 things were deal breakers - the price and the horrible battery life.

Over the past year, I have convinced myself that folding screens are going to take time to become mainstream and is a premium technology as of now. With the much improved battery thanks to the Snapdragon 8+ gen.1, I went ahead and pre-ordered the Z Flip 4 yesterday.

The pre-order offers are quite good, together with all the discounts + exchange, the 8gb ram /128gb option works out to 65k which includes a Galaxy watch 4 Classic @ just 3k and a free wireless charger. Have never been a smart watch person, so if I don't like it I'll probably sell it.

All in all, I think at ~65k, it's a pretty sweet unique phone. Any Flip 3 users on the forum - how has your experience been ?

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 17th August 2022 at 16:18.
fiat_tarun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 22:16   #31762
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
I ordered a Moto G71 from Reliance Digital Online Store a couple of days ago and got it at a final price of 13923 /- post 1500 /- CC discount and new user discount of 500 /- this is my 1st purchase from Reliance Digital Online Store and I hope it works out well.
I was not allowed to avail Debit Card and New User Discount simultaneously. I called Customer Care of RelianceDigital.in, where customer care executive told that I can use only one offer at a time and cannot club multiple offers.
So it's either- Debit Card (Rs. 1000/-) or DIS500 Discount Coupon (Rs. 500/-).

So I availed Debit Card offer only.

I booked yesterday. Even my phone is shipped through Delhivery. And might get delivered by 19th.
Old 17th August 2022, 22:28   #31763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
The pre-order offers are quite good, together with all the discounts + exchange, the 8gb ram /128gb option works out to 65k which includes a Galaxy watch 4 Classic @ just 3k and a free wireless charger. Have never been a smart watch person, so if I don't like it I'll probably sell it.

All in all, I think at ~65k, it's a pretty sweet unique phone. Any Flip 3 users on the forum - how has your experience been ?
May I ask how you got to this 65K figure? I am also a Note 10 lite user and a Flip 4 at 65K is very tempting. Is it Amazon ? Or Samsung official website ?
Old 17th August 2022, 23:16   #31764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
May I ask how you got to this 65K figure? I am also a Note 10 lite user and a Flip 4 at 65K is very tempting. Is it Amazon ? Or Samsung official website ?
The phone is 90k and offers I got on the Samsung site are:
  • Referral discount of 4k, ask anyone who has bought something off Samsung.com to send you one
  • HDFC discount of 7k or additional 7k on exchange
  • Note 10 Lite 8gb exchange value of ~15k

Additionally you can get a Galaxy watch 4 Classic at 3k and a free wireless charger.

The pre-order offers are valid only till midnight tonight, so better hurry if you want it!

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 17th August 2022 at 23:34.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 20:15   #31765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
All in all, I think at ~65k, it's a pretty sweet unique phone.
That’s a super deal you got there on the lastest Flip! Supposedly, Samsung have clocked 50,000+ pre-orders on both (flip & fold) phones. That’s quite a number.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-e835df48212649258070e3d3f8530790.jpeg
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 09:00   #31766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
I recently purchased Moto Edge 30 for my mom & I can say its a fantastic phone. Somethings I loved about the phone

I did my research and found Edge 30 to be most value for money.

How is the experience so far for Moto Edge 30.
How is the photo quality?
Planning to get one.
Old 20th August 2022, 09:31   #31767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnaveen21 View Post
How is the experience so far for Moto Edge 30.
How is the photo quality?
Search for the Moto Edge 30 Photography group on Telegram.

Those guys have been actively experimenting with the modded gcam app and the results are really remarkable compared to the garbage stock camera-app provided by Motorola in their smartphones.
tbppjpr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 20:44   #31768
BHPian

This relates to enabling Wired Android Auto on the Car Head Unit. I noticed that Android Auto on my Car Head Unit doesn't get enabled with all the USB type C cables I have (ordered on Amazon). It only works with one cable I had bought from a mobile shop in Bangalore (had told him that I needed it specifically for Android Auto connection).

I have tried to find Android Auto enabled Type C cable on Google / Amazon.in, but couldn't find anything suitable.

Request guidance on if anybody has bought a Type A to Type C cable online which works with Android Auto.
Old 26th August 2022, 21:19   #31769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
I noticed that Android Auto on my Car Head Unit doesn't get enabled with all the USB type C cables I have (ordered on Amazon). It only works with one cable I had bought from a mobile shop in Bangalore
There is not such thing called 'Android Auto Enable cable'. All you need is just a simple and genuine USB 3.0 or faster data cable with appropriate connectors suitable for your devices.

Most of the cables sold online or offline either have only charging wires inside them, or they have low speed data transfer compatibility. High speed USB data cables from the reputed brands usually solve the issue.
Also make sure that you have set all the permissions right which are required for the Android Auto.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 26th August 2022 at 21:20.
tbppjpr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 21:24   #31770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
There is not such thing called 'Android Auto Enable cable'. All you need is just a simple and genuine USB 3.0 or faster data cable with appropriate connectors suitable for your devices.

Most of the cables sold online or offline either have only charging wires inside them, or they have low speed data transfer compatibility. High speed USB data cables from the reputed brands usually solve the issue.
Also make sure that you have set all the permissions right which are required for the Android Auto.
Thank you for the quick response. Actually, I have one cable with which it is already working. So, the issue is getting my hands on another cable (for my 2nd car) which provides capability to transfer data.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks