Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2022, 18:59   #31801
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Gentlemen, I'm back with another query related to backing up the phone data to PC or cloud. I'd like to know if there's any reliable app that will transfer all the data securely to my PC / Drive ? I need the apps data preferably - financial apps. I'm not much worried about photos and other media but these important apps meta data, I'd like to retain it. Otherwise it'll be troublesome to re install those apps. Much appreciate your help !
Old 30th August 2022, 22:54   #31802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Gentlemen, I'm back with another query related to backing up the phone data to PC or cloud. I'd like to know if there's any reliable app that will transfer all the data securely to my PC / Drive ? I need the apps data preferably - financial apps. I'm not much worried about photos and other media but these important apps meta data, I'd like to retain it. Otherwise it'll be troublesome to re install those apps. Much appreciate your help !
Which cellular do you have?
Also in my opinion all the financial apps that you have must be the subscribed ones I presume. So in this case there will be a feature in the menu to back up your data. If not{in the menu or if your app is free version} then go to their FAQ and check how to back up.
ACMerchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 23:32   #31803
BHPian

Anyone got a chance to look at the new Asus Zenfone 9 ?
A rare combination of Compact dimensions + Flagship performance + Great battery life
Tech reviewers too are highly impressed.

Would be interesting to see the Indian pricing , if at all they decide to launch.

AjinkyaP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 01:22   #31804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjinkyaP View Post
A rare combination of Compact dimensions + Flagship performance + Great battery life
Read the reviews and I am impressed. Its hard to choose between flagship Android phones because they all have great hardware but this one stands out for its small size, something that everyone except Apple has forgotten now a days. Samsung had the S10E but never followed it up with 21/22 models.
If Asus has good trade-in prices I will buy it. I particularly liked the gimbal function for video and that smart multi touch button on the side that you can use as mouse scroll wheel.
amol4184 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 04:55   #31805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
Still stuck with USB 2.0 and no card slot for storage. No MHL support either, I'm guessing. This is all I'm able to figure out as a disappointed past user of a Xiaomi phone.
I have not paid attention to the lack of USB 2.0 as I seldom connect my phone to a computer. I guess that would be the only use case where USB 3.0 or higher would benefit from faster transfer speed.

With 256gb, I don't know if the lack of a card slot is a deal breaker. I used a 128gb phone and have yet to run out of storage after 3 years of use.

I don't know much to comment on MHL. Most phones on sale today can beam or stream content to devices via whatever third part App they are using.

I won't buy any and every Xiaomi phone. There are definitely better ones out there in the mid tier segment. Personally, am not a fan of any of the Mediatek solution either. Like I said, the device I have, though flagship does have some corners cut. For day to day operation and general use, these short comings have not come in the way of not being able to get the best out of the phone.
sandeepmohan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 08:15   #31806
BHPian

Quote:

With that sorted, I'm looking at Motorola G82 5G and Motorola Edge 30. Both these phones match my requirements - good screen, light weight and stock UI. The first two requirements are non negotiable.

I'm unable to decide which one to get. How is the battery performance on the Edge 30 ? Any real world reviews would be great help !
I am using Moto Edge 30 for the last 03 months. Yes, it's super lightweight and feels lighter than its direct competitor Xiaomi 11 Lite NE 5G. The battery lasts more than a day with normal usage. With extensive usage, you'll still get a minimum of 20% battery left at the end of the day. Please consider that I don't use my phone for gaming. And many times I am in no network zone, which uses a little extra battery. Anyways 33 Watt charger charges it from 10 to 100% in around 1 hr.
itsbaman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 14:46   #31807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMerchant View Post
So in this case there will be a feature in the menu to back up your data. If not{in the menu or if your app is free version} then go to their FAQ and check how to back up.
Thank you for your reply ! I'm on Airtel prepaid. I'll look into app settings for backup option, thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbaman View Post
I am using Moto Edge 30 for the last 03 months. Yes, it's super lightweight and feels lighter than its direct competitor Xiaomi 11 Lite NE 5G. The battery lasts more than a day with normal usage. With extensive usage, you'll still get a minimum of 20% battery left at the end of the day. Please consider that I don't use my phone for gaming. And many times I am in no network zone, which uses a little extra battery. Anyways 33 Watt charger charges it from 10 to 100% in around 1 hr.
Thank you, this is exactly type of review I was looking for ! My usage pattern is same as you, no gaming or heavy stuff. Just casual browsing social media and websites. So I guess I need not worry about battery performance.

Quote:

Would be interesting to see the Indian pricing , if at all they decide to launch
This is such a good phone, I'm tempted to get this if it's launched here. Compact, top of the line specs and headphone jack !! There were 4 old gen Intel powered Zenfone's in my family and they were brilliant. I've my old one lying in my desk - it's battery has degraded, but apart from that everything is rock solid !
I really wish Asus launch this here as well. Such a huge relief from those large brick like flagships

Last edited by Akshay6988 : 31st August 2022 at 14:47.
Akshay6988 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 15:27   #31808

Quote:
Guys, my redmi note 8 pro is on it's last days. I'm looking for decent feature loaded phone under budget of ₹30,000. I can very well afford iPhones and the Galaxy S, but I do not feel the need to invest so much money on a phone !...
I was in the exact same boat a couple of days back. I had a mandatory 5G support requirement, and checked out every single contender in the 25-35k segment(physically in stores not just YT reviews), and finally landed on the Xiaomi 11T Pro 5G 8/256 GB.

One thing to note is that I am brand agnostic. I consume a lot of OTT content so here's why it was the right pick for me:

1. The Display is to die for. Truly superb and the colors REALLY pop if the content being played is HD and above. This was a different quality altogether from some other over-saturated AMOLEDs in the market. 120Hz seals the deal however you can only choose between that and the usual 60Hz with nothing in between. Also it's HDR10+ certified.

2. Sunlight legibility is one of the best I've seen.

3.Snapdragon 888 with support for 13 5g bands. Also the phone is FAST (LPDDR5 RAM and UFS 3.1, and it shows).

4. Stereo speakers are good. I watch content at home with my phone propped up against any random vertical surface (coffee mug, thermos, pillow etc.) and the quality does not degrade no matter what. I haven't used my headphones extensively with this one yet, so I will reserve my comments on that front.

5. The battery lasts a whole day with charge to spare. And 120watt charging means it's good to go again in 15 mins. I did not have fast charging as a major criteria when choosing a phone, since I'm used to keeping a power bank with me. I had no idea what I was missing.

6. Absolutely no heating whatsoever, but I don't play games on my phone either.

7. MIUI 13(based on Android 12 with 3 yrs of Android updates guaranteed) has some nifty features e.g. you can program actions that happen when you tap anywhere on the back panel of the phone. I have programmed mine to open a camera at double-tap and screenshot at triple-tap. Neat party trick.

Cons:

1. No headphone jack, though there is a C-type to 3.5mm adapter in the box.

2. The wall adapter is understandably huge and heavy. And charging wire is un-understandably short.

3. Low light photos come out just okay. You need to switch to Night mode to get a pic most would consider 'good'. Still not at par with the Realme 9 pro 5G or Oneplus Nord 2T 5G. Daylight pics are great no matter what mode, both front and back.

I got mine for Rs. 32,500 in exchange for my Redmi Note 6 pro 4/64 GB in mint condition. Bought from a brick and mortar Mi store. Hope this helps
octaneaddicted is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 21:13   #31809
BHPian

Quote:

Would be interesting to see the Indian pricing , if at all they decide to launch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
If Asus has good trade-in prices I will buy it.
The cameras seem to be lacking in a lot of situations as per the reviews. They have to re-brand it as the Asus 9Z for the Indian market so the Indian launch will take time. Just hope it is not like Asus 8Z which was launched many months post the global release.

The issue with Asus is just 2 OS updates and that too they arrive very late. The Asus 8Z launched last time for 45K and only the 128GB variant was available. If they launch the other memory variants then it would be useful. The price and the availability will be the key since 8Z was available only initially and then later one couldn't get hold of the stocks.
Old 31st August 2022, 22:08   #31810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

With that sorted, I'm looking at Motorola G82 5G and Motorola Edge 30. Both these phones match my requirements - good screen, light weight and stock UI. The first two requirements are non negotiable. Current phone - redmi note 8 pro weighs in at 223 gms !
Feels like I'm carrying a brick in my pocket

I'm unable to decide which one to get. How is the battery performance on the Edge 30 ? Any real world reviews would be great help !
Do check Iqoo neo6 5G which has snapdragon 870 processor. Very good cameras and specifications. Its for 30k on Amazon.

And Iqoo 9 SE. It has snapdragon 888 processor with excellent specifications too. Currently at 34k on Amazon but in sale it retails less than 30k.
harry10 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 18:07   #31811
BHPian

For anybody interested in, Google pixel 6a and nothing phone will be available at around 28k in the upcoming billion day celebrations on Flipkart.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-20220909180632.jpg
girishv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 20:51   #31812
BHPian

Guys, my Moto G82, wakes up in my pocket and some gibberish gets typed. How can this be avoided?
Old 9th September 2022, 21:12   #31813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
For anybody interested in, Google pixel 6a and nothing phone will be available at around 28k in the upcoming billion day celebrations on Flipkart.
I guess this deal goes live at 1 pm. So, looking at the demand, I guess it may be difficult to get one.

I wanted to understand how could Flipkart sell Google Pixel 6a at such a low price. Will defective phones be delivered to customers?
I’m little wary on this deal.

Would like to hear Team-BHPians thoughts here.
Bhupesh_2628 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 21:41   #31814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupesh_2628 View Post
I wanted to understand how could Flipkart sell Google Pixel 6a at such a low price. Will defective phones be delivered to customers?
I’m little wary on this deal.
I am not sure if you are aware of Flipkart BBD model. Among all the sale throughout the year, this is the one that sees the lowest prices (similarly the great Indian festival by Amazon too). Compared to Amazon, Flipkart follows deep discounting on very select list of mobiles during BBD. In previous years, it used to be Samsung S series model from last year that were offered with heavy discounts. Seems this year they struck a deal with Google and Nothing.

I don't think the phones would be defective pieces. I myself had bought a mid ranger three years back. Offline stores could not match the price. Phone is still going strong.
shipnil is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 17:32   #31815
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
With that sorted, I'm looking at Motorola G82 5G and Motorola Edge 30. Both these phones match my requirements - good screen, light weight and stock UI. The first two requirements are non negotiable.
I am not sure if you know about this annoying issue in Motorola phones, but I have heard the mobile data and wifi are incorporated in a single button called "Internet". Just make sure that's not a deal breaker for you.

The iPhone 13 Mini is rumored to be available for about 32k in the upcoming BBD sale. I would say that's a pretty neat option to consider if you'd be fine with a small screen.
Oxy is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks