Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2022, 17:42   #31816
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
I am not sure if you know about this annoying issue in Motorola phones, but I have heard the mobile data and wifi are incorporated in a single button called "Internet". Just make sure that's not a deal breaker for you.
This is not exclusively in Motorola, rather its a big UI blunder caused by the Android developers since the introduction of Android 12. Its same in any phone having stock Android including the Google Pixels. This inconvenient feature remains unaddressed even in the Android 13.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 10th September 2022 at 17:43.
tbppjpr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 12:17   #31817
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
This is not exclusively in Motorola, rather its a big UI blunder caused by the Android developers since the introduction of Android 12. Its same in any phone having stock Android including the Google Pixels. This inconvenient feature remains unaddressed even in the Android 13.
I had always been a fan of Stock Android and have felt that Stock Android is the way Android is best meant to be and have had quite a few stock android devices in my family, from the original Pixel, Mi A1, Mi A3, Nokia 8 Sirocco and the Google Pixel 6a. The above is one of the few daunting aspects I have noticed in what is a really good implementation of Android on a smartphone.
Old 11th September 2022, 13:44   #31818
BHPian

The Flipkart Big Billion Day (BBD) deal on Google Pixel 6A is no more applicable. I think it was available couple of days back. The low price was available on that day only.

They are providing deals for different brands on their respective days. This can be confirmed by the use of lock symbols & dates.

Last edited by Bhupesh_2628 : 11th September 2022 at 13:47. Reason: Removed repetitive contents & added new contents.
Old 11th September 2022, 13:53   #31819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupesh_2628 View Post
The Flipkart Big Billion Day (BBD) deal on Google Pixel 6A is no more applicable. I think it was available couple of days back. The low price was available on that day only.

They are providing deals for different brands on their respective days. This can be confirmed by the use of lock symbols & dates.
FYI, that deal never went live. It is reserved for the opening day of bbd sale. Likewise Apple deals will be announced on 14th but go live only when bbd starts officially. So, if anyone wants to pick 6A just wait for the sale day.
harry10 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 13:02   #31820
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Can you please post a review of the camera. I'm sort of sold on the phone, but the camera is very important.
Maybe if you could post a couple of shots too.
Big help.
So I spotted the 12GB version in white available late one night and ordered it. Its been about 3 weeks of usage, and its been a delight. Howver, that may also be due to the fact that the edge20 Fusion set the baseline quite low with its disappointment. I am not any kind of power user, or a photographer of any distinction. Apart from the regular usage, I wanted something that could seamlessly run my office apps, and take decent pictures easily.
The NP1 satisfies on all counts.

And its a damn good looking device too, certainly!
Here are some clicks, but these are reduced WhatsApp forwards (Office/personal profile mismatch driven)

A test shot for the zoom:
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-unzoom.jpeg
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-zoom.jpeg

A night shot test:
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-not-noght.jpeg
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-night.jpeg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-flower-portrait.jpeg
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-thanos-portrait.jpeg

The image stabilization is extraordinary! Someone I know bought a flagship Samsung, dont remember which one, but I know it costs as much a new Nano, as I recall. The stabilization is close enough to that phone.
mayankk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 16:16   #31821
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Here are some clicks
Tangental to topic, but I love that first one with the office lights hanging in the sky!

It took me a few moments to realise that they are reflected in the glass through which you are taking the snap.

It makes for a great composition
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 19:08   #31822
BHPian

Those who have been annoyed by the incredibly stupid and regressive design of the integrated 'Internet' button on Android 12 and beyond, have you tried using this method?

https://www.xda-developers.com/bring...ndroid-12-adb/

A video:
Old 12th September 2022, 19:16   #31823
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Tangental to topic, but I love that first one with the office lights hanging in the sky!

It took me a few moments to realise that they are reflected in the glass through which you are taking the snap.

It makes for a great composition
Thanks!
I had no idea I didded a good!
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 15:12   #31824
Senior - BHPian

Motorola has launched Edge 30 fusion and the Ultra today. Just saw few video reviews. I am quite impressed by the design and performance. Their usual weak point is camera but in these cameras are quite good too. Fusion is for 40k and Ultra for 55k during initial days.
Old 14th September 2022, 12:47   #31825
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Motorola has launched Edge 30 fusion and the Ultra today. Just saw few video reviews. I am quite impressed by the design and performance. Their usual weak point is camera but in these cameras are quite good too. Fusion is for 40k and Ultra for 55k during initial days.
At 55k price point, they should be selling the 256gb variant. And you can get a pretty decent high end Samsung at this price, also previous year's iPhones. Don't see the Ultra selling much to be honest.
Old 14th September 2022, 17:13   #31826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
I ended up cancelling Poco F4 and then placed the order for the Nothing phone. I received it today.

The phone is pretty good and I am not so sure that it really deserves so much of criticism...

Probably the first time that I am buying an android phone without a flagship chipset, so not sure how this is going to age in my hands...

That's it. I have had enough of this.

The biggest issue that no one talks about the absolutely screwed frequency response for music. My Soundcore TWS sound worse than the earphones that Vistara gives for watching movies.

Second issue, I use Amazon Music and Google Maps while driving. They almost always crash/hang whenever I take a stop, restart the car or just take a call at times. Amazon Music has a lot of downloaded music. None of this used to occur on my prior Redmi K20 Pro or the other iPhone that I carry.

Enough rant now. Folks, I need some advice. The only reason I have a primary Android Phone is the SMS Organizer and Walnut. Expense tracking and categorisation is imperative for me. Is there any automated, roundabout way of doing this in iPhones? If this works, I could just buy a personal iPhone and an Apple watch. Else, I'll be forced to buy another Android phone and the Samsung Watch.

If not, there is my second question. Which Android Phone to buy? i am planning to get either Poco F4 or Xiaomi 11T Pro or the Edge 30 Ultra. The benefit of Edge 30 Ultra is that I can completely retire my iPhone to home (for work related stuff only). It has a good camera, a chipset not prone to heating and a clean UI. Xiaomi will be fine as well for my use case but for the 888's heating issues. Poco is another option but I just find it a little too industrial a design.
Old 14th September 2022, 19:16   #31827
BHPian

Quote:
i am planning to get either Poco F4 or Xiaomi 11T Pro or the Edge 30 Ultra. The benefit of Edge 30 Ultra is that I can completely retire my iPhone to home (for work related stuff only).
Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

If you want a phone that is ultra reliable get the iPhone. It has it's issues but it is the most reliable phone out there. Being worked on mobile app development, I can attest that we used to test our apps only on a handfull of Android models, while we test in every supported iPhone. Xiaomi and BBK churns out a new phone every other week, so how do you think app developers would be able to test their apps on each of them. Even the manufacturers stop supporting them after a couple of updates. If you still want an Android get one of the popular flagships from Samsung or Google.
dragonfire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 17:26   #31828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

If you want a phone that is ultra reliable get the iPhone.
Weird it may sound, but the only reason I am not able to ditch the android primary phone is lack of availability of SMS based expense trackers. SMS organizer and Walnut are like the financial assistants to me. How do I do that on iPhones? Cred helps will bill payment reminders but I need visibility on expenses.

Is there any app that keep track of non-billed expenses for credit cards? That'll do.
Old 15th September 2022, 19:14   #31829
BHPian

Quote:
Is there any app that keep track of non-billed expenses for credit cards? That'll do.
I have been using Perfios on the web since 2014-15. Connects and downloads from most banks & credit cards directly. And more robust than SMS based tracking. Their business model is also selling solutions to banks, financial houses etc for automated processing of reports, unlike Cred.
car_addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 20:28   #31830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If not, there is my second question. Which Android Phone to buy? i am planning to get either Poco F4 or Xiaomi 11T Pro or the Edge 30 Ultra. The benefit of Edge 30 Ultra is that I can completely retire my iPhone to home (for work related stuff only). It has a good camera, a chipset not prone to heating and a clean UI. Xiaomi will be fine as well for my use case but for the 888's heating issues. Poco is another option but I just find it a little too industrial a design.
Talking from my own experiences. In Android world no other brand can beat the reliability of Samsung. Even there update cycle is always on the point. So, forget all these and get yourself something from the S series if you want android only.

FYI. My soundcore tws works great with my Samsung and it's not even a flagship.

Last edited by harry10 : 15th September 2022 at 20:30.
harry10 is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks