Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2023, 08:51   #32026
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurabhB View Post
H all,

Is it possible to install Microsoft office in cars infotainment system ? Purpose is to receive office emails on the display thru bluetooth from the mobile. Kindly share your experiences on this pls.
I am not sure about installing MS Outlook, Teams etc on Android Auto/Apple CarPlay. However, MS Outlook has a feature to read out emails and which I have found to be quite useful when I commuted for a week to my office in 2021. https://www.howtogeek.com/727630/how...d-and-android/

If it does not work via Android Auto (I think it might not), connect your phone via normal Bluetooth and you should be able to play your emails.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 7th March 2023 at 08:54.
Old 7th March 2023, 15:27   #32027
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I am using Samsung Galaxy A52 since Apr 2021. The device is running bit slow due to all the OS/ App updates. I plan to factory reset it.

This phone has nifty feature, giving to block number on call summary screen once a dropped/ finished. Over last two years, I have put 100s of numbers in the block list and phone auto blocks many calls per day.

I searched for the methods to back-up this block list and restore after factory reset. Below is the only method that I found :

Transfer blocked phone numbers Android

The concern : The app has only 5000+ downloads and 156 reviews. This is the only app from the developer (a Brazil based company) on PlayStore. Can this be trusted ?
AutoNoob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 22:15   #32028
BHPian

I'm using Moto Edge 30 since November and recently I'm frequently getting storage full notification. I checked and to my surprise Android system is taking up about 90 GB out of 128 GB storage available is it possible to clear up this storage ? Or factory reset is the way to go? Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20230309221145.png
Old 9th March 2023, 23:34   #32029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
is it possible to clear up this storage ? Or factory reset is the way to go? Attachment 2427034
That really is very unusual, I've never seen system storage go beyond 20-25 GB. I regularly use an app called SD maid to clear storage, please check whether it works for you else i think a system reset would be your best bet.

SD Maid
MotoBlip is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 02:30   #32030
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Or factory reset is the way to go?
Try to identify any large files causing the problem first. Is some log file hogging the space?
Old 10th March 2023, 20:43   #32031
BHPian

Quote:
Android system is taking up about 90 GB out of 128 GB storage available is it possible to clear up this storage ?
Kindly check for files in safe folder/locked folder. They also take up space in system folder.
Old 10th March 2023, 20:48   #32032
BHPian

Quote:
I checked and to my surprise Android system is taking up about 90 GB out of 128 GB storage available
I could see 45 GB out of 128 GB occupied by 'System' on my Samsung A52.

Does 'SD Maid' help clean up the 'system' storage? Would there be any stability issues, if we poke into 'system' space?
JMaruru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 21:39   #32033
BHPian

Quote:
is it possible to clear up this storage ?
Did the app work for you? Let us know if it did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Does 'SD Maid' help clean up the 'system' storage? Would there be any stability issues, if we poke into 'system' space?
Yes, there's an option to do that too. Have been using the app for a couple of years now and on multiple devices including Samsung; never had any issues. Why not just run the analyzer(in the SystemCleaner tab) first to check whether or not it will help and then you can decide on further action.
MotoBlip is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 12:12   #32034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm using Moto Edge 30 since November and recently I'm frequently getting storage full notification. I checked and to my surprise Android system is taking up about 90 GB out of 128 GB storage available is it possible to clear up this storage ? Or factory reset is the way to go?
I do not have any solution for your concern.

However, it seems similar to faced by OnePlus users. Searching on these line may provide you some solution.

Quote:
I had been using my phone for a month or so having a freshly installed oreo system. To my surprise, I was shocked one day to wake up seeing the "storage almost full some system functions may not work" notification. I clearly knew I never even had nearly enough data on my phone to reach barely 15GB of internal storage usage. Unlike other threads posted which have internal full error with 'other files', oem logs or even cache as the cause. Mine was apparently due to apps.

I mean 51GB of apps and app data is a joke. I was sure that it would've been maybe 6 or 7GB the day before this error. Even if I were to add up all the individual apps and their app data storage in the list, it wouldn't be proportional to a sum of 51GB.
Source: OnePlus Community - Nov 2017

Quote:
Hello, very hour the system consumes 1 GB of storage approx. last night at 2 am it had 36 GB of space occupied this morning it already had 43 GB now in the afternoon it goes for 47 gb I disabled all the log registration options through settings and through * # 800 # but in the same way it continues to rise. I already reset the phone but the problem persist. the system consume all the storage.

it is abnormal that in 2 weeks all the space is consumed in a 256 gb device
Source: OnePlus Community - Dec 2020

Quote:
I have this very weird situation where my storage is almost full for no reason !
I check in the file apps and there's no way to pin point what's taking so much place.
I checked the cache and settings of local apps and nothing weird to signal.
Source: OnePlus Community - May 2022
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 18:28   #32035

Got a good deal on S21 fe last night. I paid 35k for the 256gb storage variant. Since it has 4 years of major software, it seems a really value for money.
Anyone using the 21 fe here? Any pointers?
Old 11th March 2023, 19:27   #32036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayyam.gaur58 View Post
Got a good deal on S21 fe last night. I paid 35k for the 256gb storage variant. Since it has 4 years of major software, it seems a really value for money.
Read my Post #11877 on below Link with few of my observations. I too got the 128 GB variant couple of weeks ago. Let me know your thoughts as well.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...-here-792.html (The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here)
abhi3284 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 01:45   #32037
BHPian

After a lot of research went ahead and picked up the A73 256 gb variant. The s20 FE won't get updates so ruled it out and had a terrible experience with the Exynos on my M31S. So the 21FE didn't make sense nor did any other of Samsungs with exynoses. I specifically needed something with a reliable Snapdragon and an IP67-68 rating since I do a lot of animal rescues in inclement weather. Paid ₹2k extra to get the Galaxy Buds 2 as bundled offer and nothing extra. Same deals everywhere ie online and off. Paid 45k for it all and picked up a Ringke Onyx case and all set. Im happy that I'll get 4 years of software updates which is great. I love how Samsung is providing these single tone finishes for all back covers on its mobile range. And also it's the last 7 series phone since this year we won't see an A74. Miss the white back as it's not available but plan to swap it for one.

Extremely happy with my purchase and it's still well worth for the price. Pick it until the A54/34 are announced shortly.

Last edited by coolmel : 12th March 2023 at 01:46.
coolmel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 10:34   #32038

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Read my Post #11877 on below Link with few of my observations. I too got the 128 GB variant couple of weeks ago. Let me know your thoughts as well.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...-here-792.html (The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here)
Hi,

Thanks for the post. How has been your experience till now? A friend of mine got the same phone, used it for sometime and it felt like butter on Android 13, was getting 5g as well. Since I don't do any gaming, I think it will serve the purpose well?
Old 12th March 2023, 16:02   #32039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayyam.gaur58 View Post
I am using the S21FE 8gb/256 variant (dual Sim)since 23rd July, 2022 as I wanted a photography cell and upgrade from my S9 and am extremely happy with it.
The picture quality can see in my posts #124, #128, #145 on the below link
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/et-ce...thread-10.html (The Smartphone Photography Thread)
When I got it the stock operating system was android 12 and UI 4.0 and now upgraded to android 13 and UI 5.1.
The 5G also works seamlessly as have both VI and Jio.
Separately bought the 25W Travel Adapter + C to C Cable, Type C to 3.5mm cable to be used with with my wired earphones of S9 and also Stereo Headset (Wireless)- Level U2.
ACMerchant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 18:11   #32040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMerchant View Post
The 5G also works seamlessly as have both VI and Jio.
Wait, are you getting 5G on Vi?

Most Viewed