Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2011, 12:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Laptop to TV without wires !

Most TV Box says DLNA certified and Wireless enabled. But the fine prints are not mentioned anywhere. So the best option is to finalise after checking with the DLNA certificates.

Consider sony's flagship TV KDL55HX925, KDL-55HX925 : HX925 Series : BRAVIA, this doesnot even have a certification on the dlna.org as on date, but is DLNA enabled. The easy solution is on wired. But they advertise only DLNA and wireless integrated. Both are quite different ones, and doe not necessarily mean they work together.

And for another model KDL 60 EX 720, KDl 46 EX 720 has their certification only for wired. They are the higher end models these days.

If DLNA and video streaming wirelessly is of real need for you, then you need to be cautious. Just saying the device is DLNA and wireless connection exists - may not help you.
Old 27th July 2011, 12:42   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post

I have a solution at home which connects my i7 lappy to my Sony TV. My lappy is on the internet on a separate band, and my wireless network bridge connects to my lappy on another band. It can go upto a 150Mbps by using the N+ standards (300Mbps advertised) - which gives you stutter free video streaming and parallel internet. Since all videos are now streamed from my lappy it avoids me in investing in a BD player, etc..etc.. since all such formats are handled by the lappy in realtime and transcoded to what the TV can play before streaming. I am not restricted by formats any more.
I am also in planning of getting a DLNA LED TV and was trying hard to get manuals online to check if it supports Wired/ wireless connection. Thanks for the DLNA certification link, have downloaded the entire list as excel now. Will check out the TV's selected with that and decide on one.

However can you please give a bit more details on the setup you have done at your home. Like, the bridge router you have mentioned its make, cost. Also, I havent tried this and not sure if it is feasible technically, however will it be possible to connect the TV to a ADSL modem and then connect laptop to the same modem using wi-fi?
Old 27th July 2011, 13:15   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Also, I havent tried this and not sure if it is feasible technically, however will it be possible to connect the TV to a ADSL modem and then connect laptop to the same modem using wi-fi?

I am assuming that you have a ADSL modem with router inbuilt. It has wireless network and atleast one LAN port. If so it is a simple set up.

Keep the ADSL Modem+Wireless Router thingy next to the TV. Connect the TV using LAN cable to the LAN port of your modem thingy. Connect your Lappy using Wireless LAN. Everything works fine
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks