Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2010, 23:00   #1
Senior - BHPian

Good Laptop repair shop in Bangalore?

The LCD hinges of my Toshiba laptop (Satellite 2400) has conked off, it doesn't hold on its own.

I took it to the Toshiba ASC, the Engineer checked & said the part (hinges) for this model is no longer available, i.e. Toshiba doen't support this model any longer.
This laptop is 2003 model.

When I googled, the part is available with a seller in eBay based in HongKong.

Now, I am looking for a good reliable Laptop repair shop in B'lore, who can if possible get the part or atleast fix the part if I procure it on my own.
Any pointers please?

Last edited by finneyp : 14th July 2010 at 23:05.
Old 22nd November 2014, 17:26   #2
BHPian

Re: Good Laptop repair shop in Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
The LCD hinges of my Toshiba laptop (Satellite 2400) has conked off, it doesn't hold on its own.

I took it to the Toshiba ASC, the Engineer checked & said the part (hinges) for this model is no longer available, i.e. Toshiba doen't support this model any longer.
This laptop is 2003 model.

When I googled, the part is available with a seller in eBay based in HongKong.

Now, I am looking for a good reliable Laptop repair shop in B'lore, who can if possible get the part or atleast fix the part if I procure it on my own.
Any pointers please?
@Finneyp - I have a very good guy - please PM me and I'll send his number to you - his name is Hari. Doesnt have a shop but works on his own (he does our IT stuff in my office). I have at least 2 cases where he was able to get hinges for an Acer and and HP, the manufacturer advised this person to just junk the laptop.

Note from Support - Please avoid typing with dots between words (like this ... abc...def..) as it affects readability. Please read the forum rules before posting any further.

Last edited by n_aditya : 25th November 2014 at 10:04.
Old 23rd November 2014, 13:25   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Any pointers please ?
Hello Finney, you could try contacting ESN-World.
They have 2 offices in Bangalore - in J.P.Nagar ( 2nd Phase ) & Marathahalli.
Best thing is that they're open on Sundays - ideally suited for weekend disasters.
However, in my case ( spilt coffee on my Latitude E5440 ), they really couldn't help since the key-pad wasn't readily available with ESN's resellers.
Nevertheless, they cleaned up the insides & got it to boot - for a very nominal fee.
Old 24th November 2014, 09:07   #4
BHPian

Guys, I am looking for similar options for my laptop Hinges. Dell E6400.

Any references might help a lot
Old 26th November 2014, 11:35   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy View Post
@Finneyp - I have a very good guy - please PM me and I'll send his number to you - his name is Hari. Doesnt have a shop but works on his own (he does our IT stuff in my office). I have at least 2 cases where he was able to get hinges for an Acer and and HP, the manufacturer advised this person to just junk the laptop.
Your PM will help one person, a public post will help hundreds .

Please post Hari's details publicly so that others can benefit too.

Thanks!
Old 26th November 2014, 13:37   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Guys, I am looking for similar options for my laptop Hinges. Dell E6400.

Any references might help a lot
There are many shops in SP road, who do these jobs for fraction of cost! If you are okay go to SP road, go there. I have past taken many times my laptops (HP, IBM) with display, sound issues.
Old 26th November 2014, 22:37   #7
BHPian

How come I missed this thread. I looked almost everywhere on the internet and a couple of shops too though phone for a replacement hinge for my toshiba C640 Satellite-Pro laptop but could not source it except for this 1 guy on ebay.in.

Just got it & replaced the hinges myself watching a youtube view this afternoon - off day well spent..
Old 19th November 2015, 20:19   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy View Post
[b]
B]
Can you help to post his phone number here? I am looking to fix a broken laptop
Old 19th November 2015, 20:37   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Gopikb, if you are in South Bangalore, then you can contact Cosmic Systems in Jayanagar 4th Block. I have known the owner for many years now.

Pankaj - 26634027
Old 19th November 2015, 22:27   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Gopikb, if you are in South Bangalore, then you can contact Cosmic Systems in Jayanagar 4th Block. I have known the owner for many years now.

Pankaj - 26634027
Condor, Thank you. I stay in RRNagar and Jayanagar is not too far away. I will call Pankaj and visit his shop over the weekend. Located Cosmic systems in gmaps. Good Laptop repair shop in Bangalore?-cosmic-systems.jpg.

By the way, what is your real name? I want to tell Pankaj I am contacting him based on your reference. I know you are a unique star of the "Joke thread".

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks