Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2012, 16:59   #421
BHPian

Re: Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Wave 525, 533, 723 have lower capacity hardware. Samsung might take some time to give updates which can actually "work" on these phones.
I have flashed my Wave 723 with BADA 2.01, screen shots in post no #395in this thread
Old 20th April 2012, 10:47   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Hold two figures diagonally on screen like pinch zoom, but instead of pinch zooming pinch it inwards you will get extra screens in small icon format just delete it
Thanks-it worked like a charm.

I am facing another issue with Bada 2.0 - Every few hours it shows SIM refreshing. It lasts for 5 to 10 seconds and the phone's home screen shows up after that as if nothing ever happened. Any idea what this could be.

Did try to search on bada forums and couple of posts mention it is specific to Bada phone's on Vodafone network and a SIM replacement will solve the problem. But, I was using Vodafone prior to the update and never faced this issue.

Guys - Please provide your feedback on the Bada 2.0. One more thing I noticed was that the battery consumption has gone up by 30 to 40 %. Anyone agrees or dis-agrees

Cheers
Old 29th April 2012, 12:29   #423
UKR
BHPian

Upgraded my Wave 8500 to Bada 2.0. Somehow it doesn't feel that good. Icons have been made smaller. This might look good on a bigger screen but not on this. And it is not as responsive as 1.2. Settings have become confusing. There is a voice alert feature where in the phone gives voice alerts for incoming calls, messages etc. You need to download the language pack from app store first. This is a cool feature but the volume level is too low and there is nowhere that I can adjust the voice alert volume. After a few days of usage, the sms started going to the sim memory and there was no setting to change this back to phone memory. Had to reset the phone to change this. Another this is the ring tone volume. It starts ringing with a low volume, then it goes to the maximum all of a sudden which is annoying. Earlier the ring volume used to increase gradually. Tried Asphalt 6 HD which is a free download, but it crashes out to the home screen every time it starts loading. Overall not a good experience so far. Battery consumption hasn't changed much for me.
Old 4th May 2012, 13:33   #424
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Looks like Samsung is going to close the Bada project by Mid 2013. That would mean that there wouldn't be any major models coming on Bada. Even I feel stuck with Buying a bada OS phone. Somehow It doesn't feel like a true smart phone, due to lack of enough apps probably.

Samsung is about to discontinue Bada platform by mid-2013 | badahub.com
Old 9th May 2012, 12:06   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Looks like Samsung is going to close the Bada project by Mid 2013. That would mean that there wouldn't be any major models coming on Bada. Even I feel stuck with Buying a bada OS phone. Somehow It doesn't feel like a true smart phone, due to lack of enough apps probably.

Samsung is about to discontinue Bada platform by mid-2013 | badahub.com
Something next to bada will come and it will be comparable to Android. Please see www.tizen.org. This will be OpenSource platform.

Most Viewed