Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2014, 12:38   #406
Senior - BHPian

Re: Waze - Free satellite navigation for your smartphone

@ Hillman

Thanks a lot bro.
Some more queries to bug you my brother!!

1) Since yesterday, I a not getting the useful ETA tab that appered below the screen.
Any settings to bring it back on?

2) Have set India as default country yet no relevant teams are showing.
Old 26th September 2014, 19:41   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
@ Hillman

Thanks a lot bro.
Some more queries to bug you my brother!!

1) Since yesterday, I a not getting the useful ETA tab that appered below the screen.
Any settings to bring it back on?
The ETA should come up along with the route display. Uninstall Waze. Delete the Waze folder from SD Card. Reinstall Waze from Google Play.
Quote:

2) Have set India as default country yet no relevant teams are showing.
This group concept is gone. The teams options was only available during the FIFA for people to link themselves to ta team. You can chat with any wazer near by. If you see a wazer on your screen you can taping on the displayed icon and chose to message them. Response is however left to the fellow Wazer.
Old 30th September 2014, 20:07   #408
Senior - BHPian

How to navigate using Waze? I am not able to find Sygic-like Navigation option. The Waze urges to enter Address, Location in the dialog box. Is there any way to select location from Map?
Old 30th September 2014, 21:12   #409
Senior - BHPian

Waze - Free satellite navigation for your smartphone

It's pretty simple. Hope the screenshots help.

Click on the left menu and click Navigate:
Waze - Free satellite navigation for your smartphone-imageuploadedbyteambhp1412091680.336669.jpg

Enter your destination in the search box:
Waze - Free satellite navigation for your smartphone-imageuploadedbyteambhp1412091693.634030.jpg

Select your destination:
Waze - Free satellite navigation for your smartphone-imageuploadedbyteambhp1412091704.670266.jpg

It will shows the information to your destination. Click Go.
Waze - Free satellite navigation for your smartphone-imageuploadedbyteambhp1412091716.270824.jpg

Waze will calculate the route based on your location:
Waze - Free satellite navigation for your smartphone-imageuploadedbyteambhp1412091728.838718.jpg

You're ready to go!
Waze - Free satellite navigation for your smartphone-imageuploadedbyteambhp1412091750.856970.jpg

Last edited by IronH4WK : 30th September 2014 at 21:16.
Old 30th September 2014, 23:51   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Is there any way to select location from Map?
Waze can find most addresses because it also uses Google search.

The other way around, when you already know the location. Scroll through the map to the destination. Now touch the road next to destination for 2seconds. The patch of road turns yellow and you get options to Drive or save the location to favorites.
Old 23rd October 2014, 14:07   #411
BHPian

I have a doubt. How do we find groups / teams and join them? I see a Teams button under My Waze screen. However, nothing gets listed there.
Old 23rd October 2014, 15:39   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
I have a doubt. How do we find groups / teams and join them? I see a Teams button under My Waze screen. However, nothing gets listed there.
The group concept has been dropped a while back. They had announced before doing so. Instead they have now added new features to share drive with Facebook friends and contacts from phone book.
Old 23rd October 2014, 18:41   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
The group concept has been dropped a while back. They had announced before doing so. Instead they have now added new features to share drive with Facebook friends and contacts from phone book.
Thanks for the clarification. I have started using this for a couple of days now and the results are positive, although I can't find any fellow wazers in Chennai!
Old 23rd October 2014, 23:33   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
I can't find any fellow wazers in Chennai!
I'm sure there are many wazers out there

I was driving thru Bangalore-Chennai-Mahabalipuram-Pondicherry-Bangalore during 1st week of Oct. I didn't have to stop to ask for directions anytime. Waze works really well within towns and cities.

By my experience, Waze routings may not be the best while traveling long distance. Something like over 100km drive. Waze tries to route through least intersections and turns. The maps are not prefect outside towns. Only main highways are marked well.

Google seems more accurate at handling long distance routing. But inside towns it might throw you into an unknown narrow lane.

I'd compare the route with Google and choose the best.

But within cities and towns. Waze is the best. It drives you around like a knowledgeable local.

Try your hands on map editing at world.Waze.com
You will be surprised by its simplicity.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2014, 17:09   #415
Senior - BHPian

But it needs active data connection. It does not work on GPS alone.
Sorry for one liner.
Old 27th October 2014, 18:29   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
But it needs active data connection. It does not work on GPS alone.
Sorry for one liner.
Waze works well offline. Once the map tiles are cached. You can search location when on WI-FI, then drag to navigate through the route. It will download the map tiles. Also you can mark your frequent destination as favorite, Waze keeps the map updates for those.

New search will not work offline. It needs data to search for location. Once you have found the location you can always select from history or favorites.

Waze can route offline without data connection even when you miss a turn. It needs data to find best route based on traffic and real-time community inputs. The maps are vector so download sizes are not much.

Last edited by HillMan : 27th October 2014 at 18:33.
Old 19th November 2014, 13:50   #417
BHPian

Is anyone else too facing issues with Waze on Android. I have Waze installed on my 'ancient' Nokia N9 and I see all the traffic updates (Waze isn't even supported on N9) - but it simply refuses to do so on my Moto X. All I sometimes get is a popup but routed that were earlier colour coded are gone.

PS. Can I use one ID on two phones ?
Old 19th November 2014, 14:28   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
PS. Can I use one ID on two phones ?
Yes you can use one ID on multiple devices. But don't use them together with Waze, so not to confuse routing.

Haven't tried this recently, but earlier your favorites and scores used to go out of sync between the devices. Waze didn't seem to sync up from server. Did only once at install. Then, this was more than a year ago. Now they have integrated with Facebook and calendar. A lot has changed.

Moto X should work with Waze. I use KitKat 4.4.4 on Android One and find no issues. Try uninstalling Waze, delete Waze folder on the phone and install again.
Old 2nd March 2017, 14:46   #419
BHPian

Waze Digs Into Your Car’s Dashboard

Quote:
You may find this helpful. Fuel running low? Waze could direct you to closest gas station, or closest and cheapest gas station. If Waze realizes everyone ahead of you is turning on their wipers, it could tell you there’s a storm up the road and please keep your gosh darn eyes on the gosh darn road.
Source: Wired
Old 4th June 2017, 16:54   #420
BANNED

As a Google Maps user, I'm wondering why should someone use Waze when compared to Google Maps. GMaps is also having a great realtime traffic stats.

Google Maps is getting feature rich everyday, so is there any reason to use Waze now?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks