Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2005, 01:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
I suggest u go for a Leadtek 128MB PCIe 6600 TD. Its like 5900 bucks. Awesome graphics,man.
Guys

Am not sure if I understand this - he has to spend like 6 k on a graphics card????

Excuse my ignorance, but isnt it cheaper to buy a playstation? Or do these graphics cards give you a much better resolution than a console? I've never played these games, much less on PCs since laptops cant handle all this.

I need to understand this better as the youngest member of TBHP has started gaming with his PS2....
Old 10th December 2005, 02:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

haha nice one. PC came first, so would have more PC gamers.
And, playing using keyboard is fun for some of us and I guess some PC games are just for PC and not available for PS2/Xbox.

6k is an ok price for a good brand on market with latest tech. I can get you graphics card worth 500 pound.

and some PC games support multigamer (quake etc) via internet, does PS2 support this?

Last edited by jkdas : 10th December 2005 at 02:06.
Old 10th December 2005, 03:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

steeroid, PS2's configs have become so outdated that the NFS:mw looks like a 16-bit video game.

I'm getting a 128 mb 6600 GT for my PC just for this racing game and i'm paying 10k for it.I suggest u buy an XBOX 360 for 'duboy'.Its the latest one .
Old 10th December 2005, 04:33   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz
Hey guys,
my exams are getting over tomorrow and was planning on getting the latest edition of need for speed(i.e.most wanted).The problem here is that i know the game will have some serious graphics and that will lead to my comp lagging considerably.I have the onboard graphics which is ati radeon 200 which is not sufficient.Could you guys give me tips in overclocking the cpu-athlon 64 3000+ on an rs480m mobo.Anyone who has some experiance in overclocking please shed some light on this
binz
if you want to play nfs most wanted with everything turned on ..you will need to upgrade your graphics card to a external video card which has its own CPU and RAM - preferably one which has support for pixel shader model 2+. Overclocking the CPU in order to get performance in gaming using your current onboard card(with shared memory) is no use. Its like trying to tune a maruti 800 with NOS .. get a skyline and use NOS.. u getting the point Im trying to make.
go for a Nvidia card - minimum ..6600 series atleast

Old 10th December 2005, 05:49   #20
Senior - BHPian

The 6600 series supports Pixel shader 3.0, i'm 99% sure.
Old 10th December 2005, 06:28   #21
BHPian

Quote:
You are right 100% - it does support..
this will enable u to better see the effect headlight beams and the sensation of the scenery getting blurred when u hit the NOS in need for speed ..
without pixel shader these effects will get disabled ...
I also I suggest that u put your gaming rig on the dyno i.e. do a Aquamark benchmark test and see what your hardware can support. You will get a total score which you can use as a reference.. higher the score higher your chance of getting good performance in these new games and also help others to understand your system so that they can guide you where and what you need to upgrade.
Old 10th December 2005, 10:42   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
steeroid, PS2's configs have become so outdated that the NFS:mw looks like a 16-bit video game.

I'm getting a 128 mb 6600 GT for my PC just for this racing game and i'm paying 10k for it.I suggest u buy an XBOX 360 for 'duboy'.Its the latest one .
Do you know that Xbox 360 has 3 IBM processors to power it?

ANd guys, since his mobo supports PCI , wont it be better to get the X series PCI card instead of the old gen AGPs?
Old 10th December 2005, 15:00   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
Do you know that Xbox 360 has 3 IBM processors to power it?

ANd guys, since his mobo supports PCI , wont it be better to get the X series PCI card instead of the old gen AGPs?
Sorry guys, didnt knw that 6600 was also a PCI.
Old 13th December 2005, 10:54   #24
Senior - BHPian

Intel P4 overclocked to 7.1 GHz

A Japanese overclocker has managed to overclock Intel Pentium 4 670 microprocessor to 7.132GHz and even run certain benchmarks on the system that was cooled down by liquid nitrogen.

http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?p=1501972
Old 29th December 2005, 20:40   #25
BHPian

Quote:
No dear,it supports pixel shader v2.0 only.And I am 100% sure!!!!!

infact for latest games,gamer will call it a outdated card but still games like doom3,half life2 can be plyed well.

Buying AGP card is better option than a console but only probelm is any AGP card will be outdated in less than 1 yr.[for serious gamer though].
Old 30th December 2005, 10:14   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
No dear,it supports pixel shader v2.0 only.And I am 100% sure!!!!!
It supports pixel shader
check this out
http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce6_techspecs.html
Old 30th December 2005, 10:35   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdiga
It supports pixel shader
check this out
http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce6_techspecs.html
yeah........u r right.
Old 30th December 2005, 11:33   #28
BHPian

Simple Solution!!!

Hey Bro,
Dont even think Twice... Ur config is more than enuff to play most wanted with most of the bells and whistles turned on.
Most wanted is Direct 9.0C compliant... And the on board Graphics subsytem on ur mobo is based on Radeon X300 Graphics architecture. X300 is an excellent Gaming card. Your Video subsystem will be able to handle the graphics and the game even if u had Less than 512 Mb Ram.
Newer AMD machines dont have a proper FSB, Since the memory Controller in on the Processor (Hypertransport). But for the sake of comparison, u can say that its running 800 Mhz. You memory Must be 400Mhz or faster to give ur system the boost.

I am one of those crazy guys who knew that most wanted is under development almost 1 year ago, Yes even before Underground 2 was released. I am also one of those crazy guys who downloaded the 550MB demo using my my dialup connection the very day it was released.
I got a P.4, 2.8Ghz, 512MB Ram, Geforce FX 5700 with 128MB, 80Gb Sata HDD. Dont even take the trouble of overclocking and U cant have an AGP card becoz ur mobo is got only one PCI Express 16X slot.

Unfortunately Ur mobo doesnt support Overclockin by increasing the FSB, I wonder why that is so, however, you can still overclock the system by Changing the CPU Ratio... I have a very good reason to believe that AMD wud have locked the CPU Ratio on the processor. I dont wanna talk about the wrong thing becoz u arent too sure about the overclocking part. The CPU Ratio is there in the BIOS. Please Refrain yourself from Overclocking since its not at all necessary.

I had overclocked my 2.8 Ghz to a 3.2Ghz, jst to check the stability and the performance. But I am pretty happy with 2.8Ghz speed.

My motherboard doesnt support overclocking, I did it using the software... If u have any questions let me know.

PS2 Supports network gaming, But it isnt as good as A PC.... The Graphics on a PS2 is as good as a PC even now. Well PC scores a bit more though. But think about this... PC's Run current generation Graphics card which almost cost as much as the PS2. PS2 is pretty old, running a stupid emotion engine crap in it. Also PS2 is based on IBM's Power processor....

Hope thats enuff... So the answer is yes, unless u got some driver conflict... your system will support NFSMW.
Old 20th December 2006, 11:51   #29
Senior - BHPian

Computer Overclocking.....

Guys has anybody in this forum has overclocked there PC, which components you have overclock like CPU, Graphic Card, Memory.....

If yes pls post some details in this thread.....

(mods I have searched a thread over overclock could find only this one...thats why I started a new one...http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...rclocking.html )

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 20th December 2006 at 11:54.
Old 20th December 2006, 12:54   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

lol... I have oc'ed everything CPU, RAM, GPU. I even oc'ed my old GeForce 4 MX 440 SE on my old comp. I couldnt oc my CPU/RAM at that time coz it was an Intel original mobo.

What do you want overclock ??

Post your rig configuration here.

Right now, I am running my AMD 64 3200+ at 2.45 ghz (2.0 ghz stock). RAM is running at 245 mhz @ 3-4-4-8.

Most Viewed