Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: MNP: Will you switch operators ?
Yes, I will definitely switch. I think there is a better service provider available in the market. 175 37.47%
Nopes, I am happy with my mobile operator so won't switch. 108 23.13%
No, I will not switch. I am not happy with my operator but I know the others are equally bad. 92 19.70%
Not Sure: Will wait and watch. 92 19.70%
Voters: 467. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2016, 23:33   #526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Call Airtel and ask for applicable "offers" on your phone. I got 3gb for Rs 100.
Man I paid 450rs for 3gb through the app as in chennai there is no broadband internet at home due to the cyclone and work was really suffering. I will check with Airtel. Last time I checked via email they said no offers... 5gb for an extra 100rs is too good. How much is your base plan? My base plan is 399 for 1Gb data, 80 mins roaming, 300 mins local and 90 mins std.
Old 16th December 2016, 14:39   #527
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mobile Number Portability: Will you switch operators?

Just ported my Vodafone Prepaid to BSNL Prepaid. They said it will take about 6 days. I'm already using a BSNL Postpaid as my Primary number. Now I know a lot of you will say that the Primary and Secondary numbers should be from different networks. That's precisely the reason why I took a Vodafone Prepaid. But now I'm finding Vodafone service has deteriorated. Besides Vodafone only allows you to divert calls to Idea, Airtel and other private operators.
So what made me change?
1. I give my secondary number for all official calls. My BSNL Postpaid is only for family and close friends.
2. I will now be able to divert the secondary number to the primary free (I have to select my Primary number as the mobile number for free calls. BSNL allows one mobile and 1 landline free).
3. Incoming on the secondary number becomes free on roaming.
4. BSNL prepaid plans are better than others (really cheap).
5. As a result of Point 2, I have the option of carrying only 1 phone when going out at night or riding (cycle or motorcycle). Convenient while driving too. I can use a simple wired handsfree instead of a bluetooth one capable of being paired to 2 phones.
6. There are a few other BSNL prepaid in the family and I can club them together in a CUG plan in future (BSNL CUG plans are really good). I can't include my Primary number as my wife's number and mine are under the old Jodi Plan where I pay rental and other fixed charges for only 1 phone. I can choose any plan so it work out cheap.

Disadvantages: Only one I can think of is; If there is weak or no network both numbers will not work.
Old 29th December 2016, 13:08   #528
Distinguished - BHPian

Is number portability possible on landlines? I have a MTNL landline that I want to transfer to a new location but would prefer going for a wireless landline like airtel to avoid getting wiring done.
Old 29th December 2016, 13:44   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Is number portability possible on landlines? I have a MTNL landline that I want to transfer to a new location but would prefer going for a wireless landline like airtel to avoid getting wiring done.

MNP ("Mobile" Number Portability) is only for Mobile Numbers and such service is not available for Landline numbers.
Old 28th March 2017, 18:56   #530
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a Vodafone prepaid number in Gujarat which I want to port to Airtel in Delhi circle. What is the process for that? I am changing both the service provider and the home circle.
Old 28th March 2017, 19:01   #531
BHPian

I just ported out from jio to airtel as I did not want to pay 149/303 per month on my secondary mobile number . Will fill 500 talk time and 29 pm data plan . Also I will be able to use my 4g handset without volte.
Old 28th March 2017, 21:42   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I have a Vodafone prepaid number in Gujarat which I want to port to Airtel in Delhi circle. What is the process for that? I am changing both the service provider and the home circle.
Procedure is same. Visit any Airtel outlet with id, address proof and photo, and they will do the rest. Generate mnp code yourself or have the sim with you when you visit Airtel, and they will generate the code from sim.
Old 18th June 2018, 08:55   #533
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

MNP within 90 days

I moved from Airtel to Vodafone, and now stuck with BAD signals in one area. It is not yet 90 days. Is there ANY way to move back to Airtel while still in the 90 day freeze period
Old 18th June 2018, 12:56   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
MNP within 90 days
Is there ANY way to move back to Airtel while still in the 90 day freeze period

Unfortunately no.

I moved from Vodafone to Airtel in Mumbai and felt a 'MNP remorse' within a few days and started to dig out issues with Airtel, that weren't visible on Vodafone. Used to read on Quora, Twitter etc etc, why Airtel is better than Vodafone, just to satisfy myself. It has been over 90 days and now I find no need to switch back. Infact, my experience on Airtel is better than Vodafone ( w.r.t. LTE using iPhones, side by side comparison of the networks with wife on Vodafone and me on Airtel and the likes and Airtel has been trumping Vodafone).
Post merger with IDEA, lets hope that Vodafone gets improved 'network'ivity, but then again the spectrum that they gain from IDEA is again on 1800 mHZ, so unsure about it.

To get back on topic, get an Airtel prepaid sim, divert your calls when not reachable from your main number to this new card and you should be able to tide the 90 days of vanvaas.
Old 18th June 2018, 13:21   #535
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
To get back on topic, get an Airtel prepaid sim, divert your calls when not reachable from your main number to this new card and you should be able to tide the 90 days of vanvaas.
Thanks Ritesh. Got the same suggestion from another source with some familiarity with the workings.

does this work ? :
https://www.airtel-vodafone.com/supp...call-diversion
Old 18th June 2018, 14:21   #536
BHPian

Quote:

Yes they work for sure. Don't forget to press the green call button after entering those codes, post which you should get a confirmation that call divert is on. The call divert indicator also will be displayed on top.
You can also use ##002# to cancel all diverts.
Old 12th August 2018, 10:30   #537
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally, 3 months and 2 days of suffering later, I was able to move out of Vodafone. Whew !

@riteshritesh, the call forwarding didnt work that well.

And then today morning, I initiated MNP for another number. Again Vodafone. Got a call from their team trying to ask why. The guy's signals were so bad that the conversation couldnt even continue.
Old 12th August 2018, 10:41   #538
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
You never know as to when AirTel might discontinue this prepaid plan but the offers on postpaid stay, at least this is what I have experienced. Plus, this offer won't work while roaming [i think so]
So from a BSNL pre-paid to an Airtel postpaid to now a Jio postpaid. Jio is the best in terms of service, call connectivity and data speeds. I am with them from 11-'17 and very satisfied. Have traveled to NE, West Bengal, almost entire Bihar, few parts of JH, NCR and am yet to face network issues.

Paying Rs. 309+99 per month, I know it is a bit steep in comparison to the pre-paid, but I like the flexibility of payments the post-paid offers plus better connectivity at some parts of the country.

My iPhone's battery strength went over by over 30% on an average day when I was using it [the phone].
Old 31st August 2018, 16:38   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Finally, 3 months and 2 days of suffering later, I was able to move out of Vodafone. Whew !

@riteshritesh, the call forwarding didnt work that well.

Oh! I wonder if it had to do anything with Vodafone's network not being reachable and being able to forward.

Anyways, back on Airtel or Jio this time?
Old 31st August 2018, 18:44   #540
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Oh! I wonder if it had to do anything with Vodafone's network not being reachable and being able to forward.

Anyways, back on Airtel or Jio this time?
Yes- Coverage and call forwarding. Registered a complaint about coverage. They came and checked. Worked perfect for 4 hours ( possibly when they were testing). And then back to square one.

they called to ask status. When I updated, the person offered discounts on the tariff. Like a discount helps get coverage !!

Back to Airtel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks