Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: MNP: Will you switch operators ?
Yes, I will definitely switch. I think there is a better service provider available in the market. 175 37.47%
Nopes, I am happy with my mobile operator so won't switch. 108 23.13%
No, I will not switch. I am not happy with my operator but I know the others are equally bad. 92 19.70%
Not Sure: Will wait and watch. 92 19.70%
Voters: 467. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2023, 11:39   #571
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mobile Number Portability: Will you switch operators?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Yes, 2 SIMs with the same number and I can make calls with both. The incoming calls seem to be coming on my Airtel sim. I received an SMS from my bank and that went to my BSNL sim. I've switched off my BSNL sim for the moment. I sent a tweet to BSNL and waiting for a reply.

Looks like a software glitch from BSNL. This was a prepaid SIM so can't think of anything else that could've gone wrong.
Got my BSNL SIM deactivated by raising it to them on twitter. That ended my BSNL saga after being almost 2 decades with them. The trigger was my recent visit to Kolkata where I couldn't use data in most places - only voice worked.

Even the Karnataka state police department is moving over to Jio from BSNL. If BSNL improves its service I'll be happy to return to them, but that's very unlikely to happen.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...le66535643.ece
sdp1975 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 10:56   #572
Oxy
BHPian

I am really fed up with the Airtel network here in Bangalore.

My problem is that I am on an yearly prepaid plan, which expires only in January.

If I port my number now, what happens to the money already paid? Will Airtel refund it or will I be allowed the same validity on the new operator?
Old 7th June 2023, 11:49   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
what happens to the money already paid? Will Airtel refund it or will I be allowed the same validity on the new operator?
In case of prepaid, no refunds are done. I always get an itch to recharge for yearly prepaid plan at the time of plan expiry but the fear of being locked to the network/losing money discourages me from signing up.
shipnil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 11:51   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
I am really fed up with the Airtel network here in Bangalore.

My problem is that I am on an yearly prepaid plan, which expires only in January.

If I port my number now, what happens to the money already paid? Will Airtel refund it or will I be allowed the same validity on the new operator?
The money will be gone if you port now, it wont be utilized in the new operator, you'll have to start fresh. You'll have to wait till January if you want to utilize the recharge, alternatively check if Airtel can convert your number to Postpaid & use the remaining credit towards the upcoming bills, if its possible get your number converted to Postpaid & switch operators once the credit is exhausted.

I always do a 1-2 month recharge after porting to check if the network is good, if not I can switch again.
montsa007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 15:40   #575

Review about all the mobile networks:

I currently use 3 numbers viz.., Airtel, Jio and BSNL.

My short review is as below:

Airtel - Ranks 1 - good call connectivity and internet

Jio - Ranks 2 - Decent call connectivity but good internet

Vi - Ported out recently due to poor call connectivity and weak internet signal

BSNL - Very very poor network and non existent internet. I see "E" most of the time and in few occasion "H". I feel pity for BSNL, because at this point of time where everyone is providing 5G, BSNL is still struggling to move forward.

Also one question to everyone, is it a strict rule that a number can't be ported out within 90 days from the date of porting in? Is there any way out?

Last edited by Axe77 : 12th January 2024 at 17:01. Reason: Edited one line. Please no political comments. Thank you.
rajkir80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 16:25   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajkir80 View Post
Also one question to everyone, is it a strict rule that a number can't be ported out within 90 days from the date of porting in? Is there any way out?
Yes, as per the TRAI norms, 90 days is the lock-in period for MNP.
IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks