Team-BHP - Mobile Number Portability: Will you switch operators?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Mobile Number Portability: Will you switch operators? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/91867-mobile-number-portability-will-you-switch-operators.html)

Mobile Number Portability (MNP) in India is around the corner. It will first be implemented in the four metros and the rest will follow. MNP will allow you to switch telecom operators (service providers) but retain your exting mobile number.

Will you switch to another operator ?

Option 1: Yes, I will definitely switch. I think there is a better service provider available in the market.

Option 2: Nopes, I am happy with my mobile operator so won't switch.

Option 3: No, I will not switch. I am not happy with my operator but I know the others are equally bad.

Option 4: Will wait and watch.

Also, please mention which operator are you currently attached to. If switching, which one will you go for.

I do not want to switch as I do not want to loose the old plan i have. But the airtel network at my new apartment is very bad and airtel is working on it. I will wait and see.

What can I switch to? Vodafone is the best amongst the worst in Mumbai.

Plus, I am on a corporate plan so I am (fortunately) stuck to Voda.

Airtel lifetime prepaid needs you to use atleast 200 bucks in 180 days.
Meeting that is an issue for me. :D

I don't really care about the mobile phone.
Its the PDA functionality I use.

Posted this to show there are a few like me on this mobile world as well.
Anyone else like this or am I one of a kind. :D

Definitely YES and the reasons can be read here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...omer-care.html

I think ,In Kerala Idea Cellular are far better than other options.
PS:I am wondering the new entry(MTS) in kerala who offers that 499rupees "Mcard" for 10lakh minutes of call time?Is it believable ?I guess it is a cdma service.

Have never faced any issues with my operator till date except for those SMS's which were sent to me by the politicians while I am on DND list.

Here's the plan I have and it will be difficult to find such a plan by switching! :)

Local Charges:
Free Local V to V Mins 100
Free local Mobile to Mobile Mins 100
V to V 20 p
Mobile to Mobile 30 p
Mobile to Landline 60 p
Local Call Charges within the CUG Group Free

SMS charges:
Free SMS 200 Local
Local SMS 30 p
National SMS 50 p
International SMS Rs. 5

STD charges:
Discounted STD to mobile mns First 50 Mns free to All
V to V 75 p
V to Other mobiles 80 p
V to Landline Rs. 1
National Roaming ( V Circles)
Outgoing Local Calls Rs. 1
Outgoing STD calls Rs. 1
Incoming Calls Rs. 1

ISD:

US/UK- LL/Canada @ Rs 4 per min & China/ SE Asia @Rs 5 p/m

Do I need to change after this?:D

Well, I am with Vodafone Delhi. I am satisfied with the services. Used Airtel also as a secondary number. IMO, they are more or less same.

I found others like Idea/MTNL/Tata/Reliance to be not as good as Airtel/Vodafone at least in Delhi/NCR.

I've been using Hutch/Vodafone for a long while now but would love to move to Airtel. My reading - Hutch/Vodafone has reached its capacity in Bangalore!!!

The only grouse I got with Vodafone is the high frequency of dropped calls / network busy in the evening (peak hour). It doesn't catch range in my house, but then, no other GSM provider does either.

I'd probably shift over to Reliance only because:

1. Full range at home.

2. I've seen Dad's phone catch range on outstation drives, when my Vodafone didn't even have a single bar!

Many of us use special offers for the companies we opt for, so switching may not be an option for people like that.

That said, most operators have their problems : from in-accurate billing to bad coverage (dropped calls etc) as seen with most private operators, or lack of special plans (BSNL).

Have been with Airtel from the first day they started service in Delhi in August 1995. Off late not very happy with their service as the calls drop just like that during a conversation, that is very irritating.

But then other carriers too have the same complaints from users. After all these years I don't think I would switch operators unless someone really comes out with lowest rates and awesome service..:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepclutch (Post 1272243)
PS:I am wondering the new entry(MTS) in kerala who offers that 499rupees "Mcard" for 10lakh minutes of call time?Is it believable ?I guess it is a cdma service.

Yes MTS is a CDMA service launched by SSTL which is owned by Sistema, one of Russia's largest mobile service provider (Vimplecom may disagree) and Shyam Telelinks which used to offer fixed and mobile services in Rajastan.

Dont make a change in a hurry, though - there's a whole bunch of operators coming out. Soon this industry in India will be comparable to the Paan Masala business. Its going to be very very dirty out there.

Hi,

Quote:

I think ,In Kerala Idea Cellular are far better than other options.

I am among their first customers here and I still retain that number. The serive in fact is quite good and I use it regularly.

Quote:

MTS is cdma! I took connections (incl phone) for 3000+ and using it between Chanagnassery and Alleppey. Of course not for 150 minutes a day each. But I just wanted to try. Other than the initial expense, it will also cost 200 every six months per phone to maintain life long validity. Even that would be around 33 per month per phone and should be fine.

The voice clarity is very clear.

No, all my friends use Vodafone so I don't need to change operator unless they do something wrong with me or my friends.