Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2010, 13:27   #2776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Facing an irritating problem.
On home screen the message icon shows 11 unread messages but i cant find any unread message in any folder, be it mail,sms,mms or anything cant find any unread.
Its curve 8520.

Help please?
From inbox hit folders and go through all the folders to be sure you haven't any. Run through all your messengers. And if all else fails try a BPR (Battery Pull Restart)
Old 26th October 2010, 17:27   #2777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
From inbox hit folders and go through all the folders to be sure you haven't any. Run through all your messengers. And if all else fails try a BPR (Battery Pull Restart)
The solution is battery pull out as stated above.
But its a stupid glitch indeed.
Old 26th October 2010, 17:35   #2778
BHPian

Quote:
On home screen the message icon shows 11 unread messages but i cant find any unread message in any folder, be it mail,sms,mms or anything cant find any unread.
Its curve 8520.

Help please?
It could be possible that you have some unread saved messages. Go to the "Saved" folder and check them out.

What I have noticed is that if you save an unread message in "Saved" folder and in due course of time do mark it opened, the copy in "Saved" folder is not marked read and show up on your home screen as Unread Messages.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

EDIT: You have already resolved it. But the above is something that I have noticed on my BB.

Last edited by Ardy : 26th October 2010 at 17:36.
Old 26th October 2010, 17:40   #2779
BHPian

@harry10 you think that's bugging. Wait till you start texting a whole lot to a particular contact. You'll find after a while if *by mistake* you scroll up and back all the upper texts aren't inline and the last 4 or 5 have all disappeared. And then to top it off every little while it'll get stuck and not type your message or open that particular contacts smses only. You have to keep hitting open consistently until it clears up. Or holster it for a few minutes and wait. Or do a BPR. And all this with just the core bb apps and no messengers or other apps or themes running! Sigh! This phone is a pain and yet I love it!
Old 26th October 2010, 17:45   #2780
BHPian

Quote:
Its curve 8520.

Help please?
I have been facing the same issue since December last year and now the count is in 4 digits! Have tried re-conciling and all other stuff. Nothing works.
Old 27th October 2010, 00:17   #2781
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000 View Post
I have been facing the same issue since December last year and now the count is in 4 digits! Have tried re-conciling and all other stuff. Nothing works.
Try battery pull out.
Also check all folders and also saved messages.
Old 27th October 2010, 03:53   #2782
BHPian

Quote:
Its curve 8520.

Help please?
A simple solution to try before doing all the other things suggested by everyone here.
(This solution is regardless of which model you have, it works on all BBs)

1 - Go to your "Messages" (This is the one which has everything combined)
2 - Type "u" on your keyboard (This goes to the next available UNREAD item - which could be a message or even a missed call)
3 - Open the unread item to get rid of it
4 - Do the same for all unread items (Keep pressing "u" to go to next unread)

Problem solved.
Old 27th October 2010, 10:07   #2783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
A simple solution to try before doing all the other things suggested by everyone here.
(This solution is regardless of which model you have, it works on all BBs)

1 - Go to your "Messages" (This is the one which has everything combined)
2 - Type "u" on your keyboard (This goes to the next available UNREAD item - which could be a message or even a missed call)
3 - Open the unread item to get rid of it
4 - Do the same for all unread items (Keep pressing "u" to go to next unread)

Problem solved.
Hi!
Thanks for the very useful TIP. It works. To get to an UNREAD message till now, I have been scrolling down all the way to get it.
Old 27th October 2010, 12:12   #2784
Senior - BHPian

a friend of mine has the blackberry curve 8520 if im not mistaken and off late the phone has been freezing and hanging a lot. has anyone come across this before ? whats the solution ?
Old 27th October 2010, 12:37   #2785
Senior - BHPian

I trolled all over the WWW. But I cant seem to find ANY satisfactory and convincing review for OS 5 for the 8520.

Can someone point me to a decent review?

Or list down main points in favor of OS 5?

FYI - the iPhone style SMS-chat DOES not qualify as a positive point!
Old 27th October 2010, 13:03   #2786
BHPian

Quote:
Try battery pull out.
Also check all folders and also saved messages.
Battery pull reduces the number, but does not zero it out. Have checked saved messages and folders without luck.
Old 27th October 2010, 14:11   #2787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
I trolled all over the WWW. But I cant seem to find ANY satisfactory and convincing review for OS 5 for the 8520.

Can someone point me to a decent review?

Or list down main points in favor of OS 5?

FYI - the iPhone style SMS-chat DOES not qualify as a positive point!
You won't find one. Here's the details of my phone 8520/5.0.0.509 this is the stablest version. Now the reason why you won't find a review is coz there are just sooooooooo many versions of it. Most importantly it let's you use all the new apps. The integration in some apps is better. Better themes. *slight* Faster boot times, app load times, better batt usage, slightly better menus and icons, the media player is better looking.

Downside. Too many apps/themes bog it down. You can imagine I've come back to precision zen after every theme I have used.

Don't know if this is an upside or downside. With os 5 you don't have to do the keypad lock followed by the sleep mode with play/pause key. Using either the play/pause key or holding down A will do the same thing: go straight to sleep. App controls I found a little easier and overall the os is friendlier.

However do not get the singapore tele/east asia version AFAIK it keeps losing reception. I do unofficial support for blackberry for one of the stores here coz the store manager is a friend. I've seen three phones not including mine having issues with east asia oses though they are lighter.
Old 27th October 2010, 14:33   #2788
BHPian

@valhallen.282: Can you let me know how you got the OS upgraded because wireless update doesn't seem to work.
Old 27th October 2010, 14:43   #2789
BHPian

@sks_biker. Download bb desktop manager. Say check for update and sit back and relax while it does everything for you. My update is pretty old this is the wind hellas 509 os. You have to download it. Delete the vendor.xml file and then update the os but please please please do not forget to remove vendor.xml if you take that route under ANY circumstance
Old 27th October 2010, 15:47   #2790
Senior - BHPian

Strange issue.
On my curve 8520 whenever a call wait comes no beep sound comes so i dont know call wait is coming.
This is when i use handset or handsfree.
Any help?

Most Viewed