Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2010, 23:15   #2941
BHPian

Whats going on with your phone guys ???

For me, i added yahoo, hotmail, aol e-mail accounts and as usual, they got configured in a jiffy. Now just waiting for e-mails to pop in. I have clubbed all e-mail (work / personal / sms) icons in one folder and placed it on the main screen...ease of use just got to a whole new level.

Bought a Sennheiser earphone CX180 recently for 14xx. The sound clarity is awsome, bass is on slightly lower side which i tweaked in winamp (for testing on pc) and it sounded great. I wished for a razor moray plus but found that costly & had to go really far to fetch em, hence dropped the idea. Those would have been killer, with an in-built mic, you can listen n talk via the earphones

Planning a zag shield / some screen protector cover. Valhallen, anyplace you can find good quality screen protectors in blr ??

Anyone saw the new BB ad ?? i like it man.

@blackberryhelp on twitter is amazing. These guys do best to help you out. I would advice you guys to follow them.
Old 23rd November 2010, 07:58   #2942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
@sumannandy Do what I do. I have a vodafone postpaid for calls and another prepaid for BB and sms services. But then with bsnl you have the option of 3G and very wide coverage!
BSNL has great coverage and the speed is also great. If only they had good talktime offers. It seems that you can only apply one voucher at a time, not multiple vouchers to reduce the call cost.

Also, the unlimited plan does not allow you to use internet on the computer (per the website). I was wondering if you could use internet in computer with airtel, vodafone or any other operator.
Old 23rd November 2010, 11:08   #2943
BHPian

@quadra I have never bothered with a screen guard on my BB and neither have my friends nor most of my customers from work. I'm in retail. The screen guards just make visibility bad.

I saw the new BB ad nice very smartly done. Very appealing. They want to reach to a younger audience. Let's hope they have the stuff and not just the beans to impress the new gen. I still know a lot of the teen and tween gen who just aren't able to justify the charges of the BB services.

And blackberry help on twitter while its nice I've found it just floods you with a lot of old stuff.

@sumannandy you can with each and every operator. I haven't tried but connect your laptop open up BBDM and hit mobile internet see if it let's you browse. Then check if you get charged for wap. Because I know when I used one of the mobile internet radio stations I got from BB AppWorld it routed through wap and then I had to fight with vodafone to reverse the charges as it is supposed to route through BIS. The same thing happened to my friend. So watch out for wap charges.

Last edited by valhallen.282 : 23rd November 2010 at 11:12.
Old 23rd November 2010, 16:59   #2944
BHPian

Guys I've left my pin with a few of you'll as I may or may not be able to help you'll with queries as its going to be a hectic few weeks. PIN me or BBM me. Or leave me a PM. Will reply ASAP.
Old 23rd November 2010, 21:47   #2945
BHPian

@valhallen: we really appreciate your help here. I will speak with you soon.
Old 24th November 2010, 18:03   #2946
Senior - BHPian

Well the new Bold is out at Rs.26,990 [Redington,18months warranty]

comes with 5mp cam and 512MB with OS6.0 loaded

cant wait to get it
Old 24th November 2010, 23:39   #2947
Senior - BHPian

Automatic (time based) profile switch app for 8520?

I remember using an app called "Best Profiles" on my Nokia E71. It switches between profiles (e.g. Silent to General or Outdoor etc) according to pre-set times. e.g. it would switch to Silent profile (all alerts off) at my bed time (2330 hrs) automatically. And switch back to Normal profile when I get to work (at 0930 hrs).

Does there exist any similar app for BlackBerry Curve 8520 OS 5?
Old 25th November 2010, 00:01   #2948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
I remember using an app called "Best Profiles" on my Nokia E71. It switches between profiles (e.g. Silent to General or Outdoor etc) according to pre-set times. e.g. it would switch to Silent profile (all alerts off) at my bed time (2330 hrs) automatically. And switch back to Normal profile when I get to work (at 0930 hrs).

Does there exist any similar app for BlackBerry Curve 8520 OS 5?
Yes its called the clock :-P sorry I couldn't resist it. Under most circumstances you need to recharge these phones on a daily basis. I prefer at night or during peak work hours when the phone is not around. If you set your phone to charge at night the clock will auto-open at this point hitting BB key>enter bedside mode will switch to a preset all silent profile until you hit escape and quit bedside mode the next morning.
Old 27th November 2010, 08:31   #2949
BHPian

Knock knock where did everyone disappear? I just got the new whatsapp messenger on BB its free for a year! It is soo laggy it isn't funny. The person with whom to chat I got the whatsapp messenger has ended up emailing me instead from the iphone.
Old 27th November 2010, 08:44   #2950
BHPian

Quote:
Knock knock where did everyone disappear? I just got the new whatsapp messenger on BB its free for a year! It is soo laggy it isn't funny. The person with whom to chat I got the whatsapp messenger has ended up emailing me instead from the iphone.
Yeah true, it is quite laggy. Is there any way to revert back to the old version? I generally don't upgrade immediately until someone tells me that the new version is good, but in the case of whatsapp the app kept sending me quite a few times that it was getting irritating.
Old 28th November 2010, 01:16   #2951
BHPian

Is there a workaround to use Facebook / Browser on BIS lite plan (Vodafone Postpaid) ?

P.S. Prepaid seems to be a much better option @ 399 which I currently use but want to shift completely to postpaid
Old 28th November 2010, 02:28   #2952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanstalk_230 View Post
Is there a workaround to use Facebook / Browser on BIS lite plan (Vodafone Postpaid) ?

P.S. Prepaid seems to be a much better option @ 399 which I currently use but want to shift completely to postpaid
No, it won't work, as the service books in your phone would not include browser for any http connection in lite plan.

so you would not be able to use any application which needs to connect to internet.

you should be able to tether to laptop but that would cost extra.
Old 28th November 2010, 07:13   #2953
Senior - BHPian

I'm thinking of upgrading from my BB 8310 after almost 3 years to BB Curve 3G. Does any one has it and any specific reviews I should know about?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Old 28th November 2010, 08:30   #2954
BHPian

@beanstalk230 there is supposedly a 599 plan for the same thing. Yes postpaid will be more expensive. Nothing beats prepaid on cost.

@milecruncher: the 9300 is a brilliant phone. All the niggles of the 8520 have got addressed. Build quality is excellent. OS is fantastic. A much better browsing experience. The only downside is the battery life. As BB standards these days it lasts only a day. 3G will be out VERY soon. It also has GPS so that's a boon.

MOST importantly if the audio experience is anything you want please please please throw away the stock headphones they are terrible. I have never found a worse OEM set. If you don't mind the money please get the sennheiser mm 50. They are at MRP 3500 you should be able to get them for a good 25% off. And they come with 2/3 year replacement warranty.
Old 28th November 2010, 09:52   #2955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@milecruncher: the 9300 is a brilliant phone. All the niggles of the 8520 have got addressed. Build quality is excellent. OS is fantastic. A much better browsing experience. The only downside is the battery life. As BB standards these days it lasts only a day. 3G will be out VERY soon. It also has GPS so that's a boon.

MOST importantly if the audio experience is anything you want please please please throw away the stock headphones they are terrible. I have never found a worse OEM set. If you don't mind the money please get the sennheiser mm 50. They are at MRP 3500 you should be able to get them for a good 25% off. And they come with 2/3 year replacement warranty.
I thought it was a 3G Handset. Correct me if I'm wrong. My 8310 has a GPS and only thing I have waited this long to upgrade is that I didn't like the Bold (too big for me) and the 8520 didn't have a GPS.

My primary usage is work emails, using it as a GPS and a bit of browsing on the handset. I donot listen to music nor do I take pictures, so thats not a deal breaker. I attach my present BB to laptop and get decent browsing speeds upto 200 kbps.

I guess with the 256MB internal memory, I won't have to flush the memory everyday.

I'm on the BB899 plan on Airtel and believe me you don't need Broadband at home unless you are looking at downloading movies. This takes care of my all other browsing needs.

Any idea whats the best price. The best I've got is 17.4 and was wondering if it can get any lower.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks