Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2011, 01:18   #3481
BHPian

Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Go to Options -> About and check the OS version you have. If it ends in .10xx then its the newest version. If it is not, then you will have to download it and install it via your computer. If it is, then backup your data & format your phone.

Another important point - did you install any new app recently? That could be the culprit.
Old 25th June 2011, 09:15   #3482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Any comments on this?

RIM, You
I hope not, i'm a die hard berry fan. Agreed that their tablet will not do as well as the competitors, but i do hope RIM doesn't die.
Old 25th June 2011, 09:45   #3483
Senior - BHPian

A known person bought a BB Curve 8310 from India times shopping for around 6.5k, now he doesn't need the phone and wants to sell it. The phone is a week old and has not been used at all. I offered 3k for the phone. Is it a fair price to pay? Also can someone tell me whether this particular model is good?

PS: The warranty is seller's warranty of 6 months.So,definitely it is refurbished. Also it has a track ball and not a track pad.
Old 25th June 2011, 10:24   #3484
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
......The phone is a week old and has not been used at all. I offered 3k for the phone. Is it a fair price to pay? Also can someone tell me whether this particular model is good?

PS: The warranty is seller's warranty of 6 months.So,definitely it is refurbished. Also it has a track ball and not a track pad.
The phone may also be a grey import which is cracked hence the warranty. 3k sounds fine to me for a new phone, not a refurbished one. Some guru like dkaile may wish to opine.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2011, 13:42   #3485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A known person bought a BB Curve 8310 from India times shopping for around 6.5k, now he doesn't need the phone and wants to sell it. The phone is a week old and has not been used at all. I offered 3k for the phone. Is it a fair price to pay? Also can someone tell me whether this particular model is good?

I used a Curve 8310 for about 3 years before upgrading to 8520. 8310 is a good phone but come only with 64MB internal memory. So there is a slight restriction on downloading Apps and on the memory front.

Else its an awesome Phone!
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2011, 14:47   #3486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I used a Curve 8310 for about 3 years before upgrading to 8520. 8310 is a good phone but come only with 64MB internal memory. So there is a slight restriction on downloading Apps and on the memory front.

Else its an awesome Phone!

I am not really bothered about apps at the moment. I need instant access to email as recruitment begins in my college coming semester. I was sold on the droid phones,but came across this phone. Hence. If I let this go, I will prolly end up with a good droid/or BB bold in 6-7 months.This phone is only a stop gap arrangement,which if I buy, will use it for 2-3 years and chuck it.
Old 25th June 2011, 18:27   #3487
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone help me with this please??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Guys im new to BB. Just purchased a Bold 3 ver6 fom Malaysia after i lost my Samsung Android.
Im on a prepaid 399 plan from Airtel.
Problem 1 >
I have syncronised my email> problem is i dont see the emails the way i see it on the Android. Also, there is no sent mail folder visible, and all earlier mails sent prior to the syncing my account do not show> I have to access my email via my web browser on the fone to access the entire email account as used on the comp.
Please advise how to solve this problem.

2nd problem > the contacts list shows all addresses from my email accounts too. I just want to see the phone numbers and not the email addresses in my contact list. If i delete the email address from the phonebook contact list then the address is deleted even from my email account> this is absurd and undesirable. Please help.
Old 25th June 2011, 19:38   #3488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Problem 1 >
I have syncronised my email> problem is i dont see the emails the way i see it on the Android. Also, there is no sent mail folder visible, and all earlier mails sent prior to the syncing my account do not show> I have to access my email via my web browser on the fone to access the entire email account as used on the comp.
Somehow I'm not able to understood your problem. BTW is this your Gmail /Yahoo account or enterprise email?

Quote:
2nd problem > the contacts list shows all addresses from my email accounts too. I just want to see the phone numbers and not the email addresses in my contact list. If i delete the email address from the phonebook contact list then the address is deleted even from my email account> this is absurd and undesirable. Please help.
I think this has happened with your syncing process. Let me tell you the way I do it. My BB is sync-ed to my email which is Outlook. Now Outlook has a contacts section wherein full contacts are stored. The regularly used emails don't get stored there. So what you need to do is separate the entries in your outlook contacts section. The pure emails and the full contacts.

Also check in the synchronisation setting, what is your BB phonebook syncing with.Is it with Outlook or some CSV file?
Old 25th June 2011, 20:37   #3489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Go to Options -> About and check the OS version you have. If it ends in .10xx then its the newest version. If it is not, then you will have to download it and install it via your computer. If it is, then backup your data & format your phone.

Another important point - did you install any new app recently? That could be the culprit.
Yeah mine is the latest software. I removed all the recently installed apps and themes. The phone reboots itself whenever I get an incoming call. It reboots exactly after 2 rings and gets quite irritating.
Old 26th June 2011, 03:52   #3490
BHPian

Well, you can try backing up your data & formatting the phone.
Once backed up (backup your memory card as well), just go to Options-Security-Security Wipe-Tick all the boxes & wait
Note: Make sure your battery is fully charged & also preferably do it at night when you know that no one will call you since the formatting does take time.
Old 26th June 2011, 04:38   #3491
BHPian

Quote:

3K is good price for such handset, where as I am sure original battery itself costs near to Rs.2000

I use 8330 which i bought from reliance and costed Rs.27000/-
Old 26th June 2011, 09:06   #3492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys im new to BB. Just purchased a Bold 3 ver6 fom Malaysia after i lost my Samsung Android.
Im on a prepaid 399 plan from Airtel.
Problem 1 >

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Somehow I'm not able to understood your problem. BTW is this your Gmail /Yahoo account or enterprise email?

I think this has happened with your syncing process. Let me tell you the way I do it. My BB is sync-ed to my email which is Outlook. Now Outlook has a contacts section wherein full contacts are stored. The regularly used emails don't get stored there. So what you need to do is separate the entries in your outlook contacts section. The pure emails and the full contacts.

Also check in the synchronisation setting, what is your BB phonebook syncing with.Is it with Outlook or some CSV file?
1. On my android phone I used to see my gmail account as I would see it on a computer. I could view an Inbox,sent mail, labels, options, etc. On my Bb, since the day Ive synced my email accounts when i bought the phone, im only able to see mails from that day onwards mails from earlier dates are not available unless i log in to my gmail account via the web browser. Besides, there is no SENT mail folder, so I cannot access emails that have been sent, only Inbox items.

2. The phone has automatically synced with my email accounts too and has picked up all the email addresses from my gmail accounts(not outlook, i dont use outlook) and they are visible in my phone contacts section. I want the contacts section to show only contacts with phone numbers, not email addresses. Im unable to do this.
Old 26th June 2011, 09:39   #3493
BHPian

Track Pad Issues

Hello All. I have a BB 9300 curve 3g. I just upgraded the o/s to 6 through the bb desktop software . After that the trackpad seems to have a mind opf its own. It just does not move with my thumb direction and sometimes scrolls up and down on its own. I even changed the trackpad sensivity. to abt 50 from the current 70 but did not fix the problem.

Can the 9300 run the 0s 6 or should i move back to 0s 5.
Old 26th June 2011, 12:18   #3494
Senior - BHPian

Now understood your problem. See if the below works:
Quote:
1. On my android phone I used to see my gmail account as I would see it on a computer. I could view an Inbox,sent mail, labels, options, etc. On my Bb, since the day Ive synced my email accounts when i bought the phone, im only able to see mails from that day onwards mails from earlier dates are not available unless i log in to my gmail account via the web browser. Besides, there is no SENT mail folder, so I cannot access emails that have been sent, only Inbox items.
Do you have one inbox wherein all the gmail and SMS come and separate folders for GMAIL and SMS.
In the GMAIL folder you won't be able to see the sent emails normally. So see sent emails, you will need to any date, click the left key and select filter. On selecting filter, it will show you all the folders in your gmail. Select the sent folder to see the sent email.

And yes you'll get emails only from the day you sync'd your Gmail on BB.
Quote:
2. The phone has automatically synced with my email accounts too and has picked up all the email addresses from my gmail accounts(not outlook, i dont use outlook) and they are visible in my phone contacts section. I want the contacts section to show only contacts with phone numbers, not email addresses. Im unable to do this.
This has happened because while sync-ing your gmail, you have said yes to sync contact also. This can be undone with the help of sync with Outlook.

Follow these steps:
  1. Sync your BB contact book with Outlook Contact Book. The message will pop-up that "x" new additions to Outlook contact book. Accept
  2. Sort the Outlook Contact Back with phone numbers. Those with no phone numbers can be deleted.
  3. Now sync your BB Contact book with Outlook. A pop says that "x" no. of contacts deleted. You select the option delete.

This way you'll only get your contact details.
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2011, 11:46   #3495
BANNED

The problem could be that GMail need to be set for IMAP!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks