BHPian

Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

It would be around 44990 according to crackberry
Old 6th June 2013, 15:06   #4397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
44990, I find it priced too high as it retails for 37 in the UAE, I am getting mine from there.
WHHAAAT. Thats too darn expensive. Bb got it wrong again with the pricing. Thats like S4 and iphone level!!! When did BB become so expensive??

BB9900 was around 32k when launched, and I was hoping this would be 35k or a little higher. But not 10k more!

Maniacstore.com has it for Rs.39,990.
http://www.maniacstore.com/BlackBerry-Q10.html
Many people who have waited so patiently (like me) for this day to come. Guess im gonna have to pay the Samsung store a visit soon.

Last edited by discobiscuit : 6th June 2013 at 15:08.
Old 6th June 2013, 15:10   #4398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discobiscuit View Post
WHHAAAT. Thats too darn expensive. Bb got it wrong again with the pricing. Thats like S4 and iphone level!!! When did BB become so expensive??

BB9900 was around 32k when launched, and I was hoping this would be 35k or a little higher. But not 10k more!

Maniacstore.com has it for Rs.39,990.
http://www.maniacstore.com/BlackBerry-Q10.html
Many people who have waited so patiently (like me) for this day to come. Guess im gonna have to pay the Samsung store a visit soon.
Thanks for the link, 39 seems to be a good price if you ask me. Does anybody have a discount coupon for this store? Thanks

Last edited by beejay : 6th June 2013 at 15:11.
Old 6th June 2013, 15:30   #4399
Senior - BHPian

BB has to (should have) learn(t) that no matter how well their lower end phones sell their top brass wont unless they price it very very competitively. It's all about the iPhones and Samsungs these days.

With such pricing, the Q10 is an instant dud. Not to mention it has (what they called it back then) an actual, physical keypad :P

Last edited by 9thsphinx : 6th June 2013 at 15:31.
Old 6th June 2013, 16:12   #4400
Senior - BHPian

BlackBerry Q10 launched in India for Rs. 44,990

BlackBerry has launched its much anticipated QWERTY smartphone, Q10 in India. The smartphone will be available for Rs. 44,990. BlackBerry Q10 will start retailing from Friday in 20 cities and 1000 retail stories. We had reported a week back that the Canadian smartphone maker will be launching Q10 in India on June 6.

Source : http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news...rom=gadgetstop
Old 6th June 2013, 20:47   #4401
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Did you know, those of us using a Z10 can download MapMyIndia for FREE along with a Full map of India (@849.1 MB)
This applies to ALL Z10's purchased from an 'authorized' re-seller.
I am downloading the map right now and will reply again with the feedback :-)
Old 7th June 2013, 15:28   #4402
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
44990, I find it priced too high as it retails for 37 in the UAE, I am getting mine from there.Is the BB guarantee worldwide?
No doubt the 45K price tag for the Q10 is pretty steep. They should have learnt the experience of Z10 ( not that it sold less, it crossed 1 Million units in one-month or so) and priced it between 35K-38K

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresheadala View Post
I have been using Z10 from past 3 months. BB10 predictive keyboard learned 90% of what I msg/mail/chat regularly. It is very effective and easy to use.
Totally agree. In a couple of days, even now iam an expert on Z10 keyboard. It's as good as typing on the physical keyboard. I reckon in a week or two will forget a physical keyboard ever existed

Btw, since your using the phone for 3 months. How about a short review of the phone covering the major features?

Also, hows the battery life? My initial impression isnt that great for the battery life ( though my usage of apps, IM's, emails is very high)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoque View Post
Did you know, those of us using a Z10 can download MapMyIndia for FREE along with a Full map of India (@849.1 MB)
I am downloading the map right now and will reply again with the feedback
Saw your message last night when my phone was also downloading the MMI map and also downloaded the free ALL-INDIA map

Downloaded 850mb in 15 minutes or so over the home-wifi

MMI is simply awesome, loved the super amazing graphics and 3D views. But, its a battery sucker. MMI has the capability to reduce the battery from 100%-0% if its ON in about an hour maximum
Old 7th June 2013, 15:36   #4403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Saw your message last night when my phone was also downloading the MMI map and also downloaded the free ALL-INDIA map

Downloaded 850mb in 15 minutes or so over the home-wifi

MMI is simply awesome, loved the super amazing graphics and 3D views. But, its a battery sucker. MMI has the capability to reduce the battery from 100%-0% if its ON in about an hour maximum
I agree completely. I am loving the MMI too for the exact same things. You might be right regarding the battery life but as far as I am concerned, I would use it only while in the car, where the charging point is handy any way. But this is a very great gesture from BB / MMI side for sure. The ONLY reason I was pushing back from buying a Z10 from the time of launch is because I did not want to lose out on Google Maps Navigation in my SIII. Just a couple of days ago I took the plunge and it made me very happy to see the MMI offer. (Talk about having your cake and eating it too )

The only thing I am missing out on is the 'Torque' app. I had it purchased on my previous phone and I am right now busy reading through CrackBerry for a solution to have it on my Z10 as well. Any ideas from your side for this?
Old 7th June 2013, 16:31   #4404
Distinguished - BHPian

Q10 is a huge disappointment for loyal BB users. Even though it has keybad, it lacks all the shortcut magic that made BB unique. Doesn't even do a speed dial which every phone with keypad starting from Rs.1000 Nokia phones can do. I am going to wait till the next version of Q10 when they decide give more power to the keypad.

Last edited by androdev : 7th June 2013 at 16:33.
Old 7th June 2013, 18:12   #4405
BHPian

Quote:
Btw, since your using the phone for 3 months. How about a short review of the phone covering the major features?
Using the device from past 3 months. Few issues I noticed are

1) Some times(once out of 6/8 times) the device don't switch back to mobile data once wifi is turned off. Mainly I noticed this while using Whatsapp. It can be issue with Whatsapp application, but I am facing this problem when using the browser some times. Turning data off and on again solves this.
2) BB Maps are hopeless.

Hub is very practical and easy to use. Takes little time to get used to the Hub. My personal view, this is the best Mobile UI experience.

Camera quality is decent. Tried skype for video calling and the front camera is also good.

Z10 India users can download MapmyIndia Navigator for free. Its interface is good. Maps can be downloaded for offline usage. Tried OsmAnd+ and Google Navigator too. All the above can be used offline.

Updating to latest OS can be little tricky for non Vodafone users. Vodafone gets the updates much earlier than other service providers. Any way the update can be done using inactive Vodafone sim.

Battery life is decent for me with whatsapp, texting, mail and call usage(1.5/2 hour calls, 2 hours of rest). Usually I leave it for charging after 11pm, some times I need to charge much before.
Old 7th June 2013, 20:01   #4406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresheadala View Post

Z10 India users can download MapmyIndia Navigator for free. Its interface is good. Maps can be downloaded for offline usage.
Quote:

So by downloading the required maps and then accessing it, i guess you could save on the battery usage since data won't be used.
Old 8th June 2013, 11:20   #4407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
44990, I find it priced too high as it retails for 37 in the UAE, I am getting mine from there.

Is the BB guarantee worldwide?
AFAIK it is not. Redington will take in products sold by them only for warranty and refuse to accept units not sold by them even if you are willing to pay.
Old 8th June 2013, 17:06   #4408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoque View Post
Hi Guys,

I am downloading the map right now and will reply again with the feedback :-)
and this is not offered for the new Q10 users?

also will it work just with the GPS tracker, without cell reception?
Old 10th June 2013, 17:19   #4409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Q10 is a huge disappointment for loyal BB users. Even though it has keybad, it lacks all the shortcut magic that made BB unique. Doesn't even do a speed dial which every phone with keypad starting from Rs.1000 Nokia phones can do. I am going to wait till the next version of Q10 when they decide give more power to the keypad.
Sir, please do not spread FUD and mistruths. The Q10 does have a lot of shortcuts and little gems in its awesome keyboard. For speed dial, you have to be in the phone screen to use the Speed Dial key. This is to prevent "butt-dialing" from the homescreen. Agreed, it's not as intuitive to find for all users, but the feature is there. More info about Q10 speed dial (or the lack of intuitivity thereof) is nicely 'rant'ed about here: http://crackberry.com/brainstorming-...blackberry-q10

Also more keyboard shortcuts for the Q10 have been documented here:
full-list-blackberry-q10-keyboard-shortcuts
http://crackberry.com/full-list-blac...-q10-shortcuts
Old 11th June 2013, 07:42   #4410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discobiscuit View Post
and this is not offered for the new Q10 users?

also will it work just with the GPS tracker, without cell reception?
Let me answer my own question, as I have recently got my Q10!

MMI services for some reason don't seem to be working on the Q10,
It initially downloads the 9MB file, and upon opening it it give the error message
"We're sorry, but your device is not authorized to use this application"
But their website says it is available for both the Q10 and Z10
link http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ountrycode=IN#

Anyone else facing the same issue?

So only Z10 and Q10 phones bought from an authorized blackberry vendors are entitled for the free MapMyIndia App.

MMI verifies your PIN number when you download the file from the App World.

Last edited by mobike008 : 11th June 2013 at 16:45. Reason: back to back posts

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks