Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2013, 18:20   #4456
Senior - BHPian

Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

yeah, you can add a google account and sync contacs with it. works just as easily as any android

@DC - Well, there are always bragging rights - in 12 months it will probably be discontinued in favor of some other model for all u know!!
Old 20th June 2013, 13:02   #4457
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Whats the best price for BB Curve 9320? I am getting prices from 13-15k on online stores. I still haven't checked out in store prices. Any pointers?

I am "upgrading" from Android (LG OPTIMUS 4X HD) to BB. Been a android user (Samsung i9003 > HTC WildFire S > Motorola Defy+ > LG Optimus 4X) for 1.5-2 years now, but i feel for my day to day needs, i need a qwerty with decent battery life. I am just not able to adjust to full touch and smudges & the ever draining battery etc. Makes my life difficult. So decided to go back old school. And for basic useage of calls, emails, sms & whatsapp cant think of anything better than a BB Curve in 12-15k price band. VFM product at least for me.

Regards,

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 20th June 2013 at 13:06.
Old 20th June 2013, 13:09   #4458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Guys,

Whats the best price for BB Curve 9320? I am getting prices from 13-15k on online stores. I still haven't checked out in store prices. Any pointers?

So decided to go back old school. And for basic useage of calls, emails, sms & whatsapp cant think of anything better than a BB Curve. VFM product at least for me.

Regards,
Prices are in the same range in stores as well. However my suggestion to you would be to look at the Bold series - easily their best in terms of keyboard. I have used the Curve and I dont like that keyboard, its rather soft.

You can even check ebay for BB Bold. If your budget is low, you can try the older models (like 9650 ~ 10k) Good battery back up, solid emailing, very good call quality.
Old 20th June 2013, 13:12   #4459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Prices are in the same range in stores as well. However my suggestion to you would be to look at the Bold series - easily their best in terms of keyboard. I have used the Curve and I dont like that keyboard, its rather soft.

You can even check ebay for BB Bold. If your budget is low, you can try the older models (like 9650 ~ 10k) Good battery back up, solid emailing, very good call quality.
Thanks. I know Curve are quite basic. But i am not a fan of the new Bold with touch screens. I used to own a Bold 3 9780 and easily the best phone i have ever used.

I checked out the 9650, 8.8k is super price but i dont know if i can use a phone with NO camera. :(

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 20th June 2013 at 13:14.
Old 20th June 2013, 13:19   #4460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I used to own a Bold 3 9780 and easily the best phone i have ever used.
Without Doubt. I am using my 9780 for 15 months now and I find it really solid.
It pains me to sell for the new Q10. I am waiting for the price to slash at least a little bit, else I will change my screen as it has a small dot and continue with the 9780.
Old 20th June 2013, 13:36   #4461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Without Doubt. I am using my 9780 for 15 months now and I find it really solid.
It pains me to sell for the new Q10. I am waiting for the price to slash at least a little bit, else I will change my screen as it has a small dot and continue with the 9780.
I am just waiting for a buyer for my LG. I just spoke to my mobile guy and he says he has 1-2 "good condition" used Bold 3 9780 for a mouth watering price for 5.5k to 7k. He is an authorized BB re seller and these phones were purchased from his store only. I hope my LG is sold soon before those Bold 3 go away and i end up with a Curve 9320.
Old 20th June 2013, 13:39   #4462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

I am "upgrading" from Android (LG OPTIMUS 4X HD) to BB. Been a android user (Samsung i9003 > HTC WildFire S > Motorola Defy+ > LG Optimus 4X) for 1.5-2 years now, but i feel for my day to day needs, i need a qwerty with decent battery life. I am just not able to adjust to full touch and smudges & the ever draining battery etc. Makes my life difficult. So decided to go back old school. And for basic useage of calls, emails, sms & whatsapp cant think of anything better than a BB Curve in 12-15k price band. VFM product at least for me.

Regards,
There was one on Ebay for 11.8k but on better stores like Snapdeal it is for 13.4k

I'm also in the same boat. Android is just not cut for me as a daily driver. Battery life is pathetic, mail is inconsistent and whatever custom ROM you install, there's bound to be lag after a couple of weeks. BB is so stable and fuss-free. To hell with apps, in fact I found more apps to be counter productive!

The only problem is the steep extra per month charge for a BIS plan. If it was lesser (say Rs 250 with 3G) I would switch to BB again.
Old 20th June 2013, 13:47   #4463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
There was one on Ebay for 11.8k but on better stores like Snapdeal it is for 13.4k

I'm also in the same boat. Android is just not cut for me as a daily driver. Battery life is pathetic, mail is inconsistent and whatever custom ROM you install, there's bound to be lag after a couple of weeks. BB is so stable and fuss-free. To hell with apps, in fact I found more apps to be counter productive!

The only problem is the steep extra per month charge for a BIS plan. If it was lesser (say Rs 250 with 3G) I would switch to BB again.
Hi Nishant,

How are you? Long time.

Yes man i too kept postponing my Android to BB move due to the same reason of high BIS charges. But now its about time i need to change. After trying all sorts of phones in last 1.5 yrs i know what i use and i think a BB is just fine.

The main issue that i face is the size of the phone. Just not able to get comfy with it. I have found a BB Curve 9320, 1.5 months old with B&W and seller wants 8900/-. Seems decent. He has a BB Store Bill. But i want to first sell off LG and then hunt for a BB.

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 20th June 2013 at 13:54.
Old 20th June 2013, 18:54   #4464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
First time BB user feedback. Like you I was also on Android for about 10 months after which I too understood that for my kind of usage, BB is the best. Went with Curve 9360 with B&W for 16500/- in Bangalore.

Trust me this is a much better buy than compared to a Curve 9320. The build and screen in itself warrants the extra price. After seeing my BB, wife also switched from Android to BB but she went with the basic Curve 9220. While build is good, screen is not as good (same screen in 9320 too) and the keys dont feel as good to use as the 9360.

Of course you being a previous Bold user, would know better but thought i would point you towards 9360 as well since you were considering 9320. Price difference between the 2 in BB Store is only 1500/-.
Old 20th June 2013, 19:05   #4465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
First time BB user feedback. Like you I was also on Android for about 10 months after which I too understood that for my kind of usage, BB is the best. Went with Curve 9360 with B&W for 16500/- in Bangalore.

Trust me this is a much better buy than compared to a Curve 9320. The build and screen in itself warrants the extra price. After seeing my BB, wife also switched from Android to BB but she went with the basic Curve 9220. While build is good, screen is not as good (same screen in 9320 too) and the keys dont feel as good to use as the 9360.

Of course you being a previous Bold user, would know better but thought i would point you towards 9360 as well since you were considering 9320. Price difference between the 2 in BB Store is only 1500/-.
some reviews indicated that curve 9360 has battery issues. what sort og battery life you getting? i know each user is different but in general terms hows the stand by and talk time on Curve 9360.

CURVE 9360 Type Li-Ion, 1000 mAh
CURVE 9320 Type Li-Ion, 1450 mAh

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 20th June 2013 at 19:09.
Old 20th June 2013, 19:50   #4466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
some reviews indicated that curve 9360 has battery issues. what sort og battery life you getting? i know each user is different but in general terms hows the stand by and talk time on Curve 9360.

CURVE 9360 Type Li-Ion, 1000 mAh
CURVE 9320 Type Li-Ion, 1450 mAh
I was also worried about the same. But took the plunge nevertheless. And with the latest 7.1 OS, i am able to extract a decent 1.5 days before i have to look for a charger. Of course my usage is not very heavy as I use it for BBM for about 30 mins, calls for about 2hours, about 15 SMS, check around 20 mails (read and respond). In between sometimes use the camera to take pics and edit them etc. 1.5 days is the least and 2 full days is the best i have been able to get so far.
Old 20th June 2013, 22:15   #4467
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I know Curve are quite basic. But i am not a fan of the new Bold with touch screens. I used to own a Bold 3 9780 and easily the best phone i have ever used.

I checked out the 9650, 8.8k is super price but i dont know if i can use a phone with NO camera. :(
Just checked this out.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/BlackBerry-Bo...item417128b71f

BB Bold 9650 with Cam - 12k. Should not be bad for the office at least

BB 9780 - 14K

http://www.ebay.in/itm/New-blackberr...item2a2da91c82

If you really want a Bold you do have options.
Old 20th June 2013, 23:58   #4468
BHPian

Good to see people giving importance to practicality here rather than falling into the vicious circle of "my-phone-screen-feels-smaller-than-his-phone-screen" Time-to-upgrade types.

Here is my dilemma story -
The poor battery life in 9360 has forced me to erase apps that consume slightest of the bandwidth / are open in the background (custom notifications etc). I am almost back to stock except FB, Twitter & whatsapp. These 3 apps are tweaked to only refresh when they are open (except whatsapp.) For whatsapp i have switched off auto-download of media shared.

I am getting into a habit of not checking my e-mail (office / personal) when i see a red mark on the unified folder. Trying to resist the bad habit of taking out the phone every few minutes. Trying not to check FB / Twitter. I am primarily forcing myself to use the phone for what it was made for - Making / receiving calls + Checking my e-mails (once a day only) the first thing i wake up. This will help me in increasing the battery life and hoping it will make my life less complicated.

I am now inclined to switch to a basic nokia 1100 series phone. Dual sim + FM types. Looooooong battery life + no nonsense phone. Imagine not charging your phone for 2+ days. The only roadblock i am facing is to move all my contacts from BB to this basic phone.
There you go guys. Please wipe those tears, i know its a heart braking story
Old 21st June 2013, 00:44   #4469
Senior - BHPian

Exactly my point here guys. Welcome to the club - time for a group hug? *sob*

Defy -> Chacha -> BB9320 (bought used exactly like harshal).

I could've paid 1k more for 9360 but the battery horrors (saw a live demo finally at a friend's place who doesnt FB or tweet - i check tweets on the move ALL the time and send out 25-30 emails, get about 200+ emails, 30% of which are seen on BB, besides 2+ hours of calls).

The 9320 survives 14-16 hours on my usage. I cannot recommend the 9360 to anyone who is a heavy user (esp coming back from android!). Just my limited tuppence.
Old 21st June 2013, 13:33   #4470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
I was also worried about the same. But took the plunge nevertheless. And with the latest 7.1 OS, i am able to extract a decent 1.5 days before i have to look for a charger. Of course my usage is not very heavy as I use it for BBM for about 30 mins, calls for about 2hours, about 15 SMS, check around 20 mails (read and respond). In between sometimes use the camera to take pics and edit them etc. 1.5 days is the least and 2 full days is the best i have been able to get so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Good to see people giving importance to practicality here rather than falling into the vicious circle of "my-phone-screen-feels-smaller-than-his-phone-screen" Time-to-upgrade types.

I am now inclined to switch to a basic nokia 1100 series phone. Dual sim + FM types. Looooooong battery life + no nonsense phone. Imagine not charging your phone for 2+ days. The only roadblock i am facing is to move all my contacts from BB to this basic phone.
There you go guys. Please wipe those tears, i know its a heart braking story
Join the club. You know i actually bought a dual sim spice phone when went to UK for a few months just so I have a backup. That phone was incredible, charge it once and no need to look at it for atleast 2 weeks. Had to use that as a primary phone because of these batt, issues on the 9360.
Used it to talk on both sims for a combined 3 - 4 hours a day, used the torch it had for a few mins in the dark whenever i needed it and even then i had to charge it once a week only. Voice clarity was just about OK and i paid 1800 bucks for it :-)

Been using the 9360 for about a year and a half now and batt life has come down drastically. If its fully charged at 10 am, its in its last stages by 11pm. I have even removed my office emails from it and only have 2 personal email accounts configured, where i dont get more than 20 emails. Most of them i just delete and dont even reply. BBM for about 30 mins and calling for 2 hours at the max. Maybe 5 sms in a day. No music nothing else is used. If i play a couple of small games for 15 mins, it doesnt even last till 10 pm.

Going the Lumia 720 way shortly.

Last edited by sammyboy : 21st June 2013 at 13:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks