Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2014, 15:09   #4621
Team-BHP Support

Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Quote:
Iam sure all of you know that Blackberry Passport is getting launched on Sep 24th, 2014
I was not aware that they will be launching so soon , I am more inclined towards the " classic " but given the way they drop prices after launch it will be to hold off for a while ..
Old 10th September 2014, 15:40   #4622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
with majority falling in the love it segment
Now that's a truly debatable statement . I for one will not be in the love it segment. But will reserve my final judgement till I lay my hands on one.
Old 10th September 2014, 16:22   #4623
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I was not aware that they will be launching so soon , I am more inclined towards the " classic " but given the way they drop prices after launch it will be to hold off for a while ..
While what you say is correct about price drop to some extent but, I dont think its the case for their entire range

Iam sure you having some connection with Canada might have some affinity with Blackberry as most canadians do

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Now that's a truly debatable statement . I for one will not be in the love it segment. But will reserve my final judgement till I lay my hands on one.
If your a blackberry user or have some interest in that product. Please read crackberry forum and ones dedicated to Passport.

People are going ga-ga over its looks (me included). Folks who are hating it is negligible

As mentioned before, my next upgrade from my current Z10 will be a passport for sure
Old 11th September 2014, 17:05   #4624
BHPian

Was using Blackberry 8520 for good two years, moved to Samsung for 6 months frustrated with the size and lag and now have been using the q10 from past 8 months without any issues and one hell of a battery life. Can safely say BB For Life!
Old 11th September 2014, 19:42   #4625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
Was using Blackberry 8520 for good two years, moved to Samsung for 6 months frustrated with the size and lag and now have been using the q10 from past 8 months without any issues and one hell of a battery life. Can safely say BB For Life!
Agree man.

The 9320 has battery issues (and gawd the batteries are expensive!!) but except for browsing and apps (esp maps and partly browser) it is SUCH A GOOD FAST PHONE compared to the piece of shit androids that are media devices first and telephones occasionally etc.
Old 15th September 2014, 14:37   #4626
Senior - BHPian

Got the Q5 on Saturday to experience the BB10 OS. First impressions:
The Good:
1. Phone operates pretty smooth without any lag.
2. The 2 GB of RAM at such low price is a pleasant surprise since even the Z3 which costs 2k more than Q5 has 1.5 GB RAM. This might play a hand in the smooth operation of the phone
3. Usage is pretty simple and intuitive. Once you get a hang of the gestures its pretty easy and a joy to use.
4. Touch and Type is very good and within few hours I didn't miss the trackpad anymore.
5. Email handling is what i bought this device for and it trumps every OS out there in email handling.
6. Quick action is another favorite which is very convenient than going to individual apps for the same thing.
7. Phone does not feel too big and is very handy both in the pocket as well as during single hand operation.
8. The call quality is unbeatable and is quite clear both sides.
9. Battery has been holding good at 60% after a full charge on Saturday night. Data usage has been very limited so far which could be a cause for better battery. Still good to get 1.5 days of back up on a single charge.

The Bad:
1. The micro sim and micro SD slot on the side of the phone has a cover which is rattling since Day 1 of opening the package. Same for the volume buttons. Both feel plasticky and cheap.
2. The QWERTY keys though are good to use make a clickety sound like the curve models. This has no impact in your ability to type accurate emails and does not tire the fingers. This could be the Curve of BB10 while Q10 is the Bold
3. Sometimes when the phone is in the pocket, the bedside mode gets activated or the phone display would stay on expecting an upward swipe to unlock the phone due to contact with the body.
4. Battery is the non-removable type. Though i have included this in the bad section, if the back up is good, it would pretty much be a neutral point.

Pretty happy with BB10 and thanks to my wife for taking the iPhone 4S from me so I could get a taste of this wonderful OS!

Last edited by abhinav.s : 15th September 2014 at 14:39.
Old 24th September 2014, 11:48   #4627
BHPian

I recently bought a BB Z10, and I must say that this is a lovely phone.
One peculiar problem which I am experiencing with this phone is that I am unable to view pictures in the TeamBhp mobile app.
I downloaded the app from 1mobile market.
The only images I can see are the ones which I post on the forum, other than that it does not display any other image. Any other BB10 user who is experiencing a similar problem?
Kindly help
Old 24th September 2014, 12:52   #4628
Senior - BHPian

Do you guys know a reliable source to get OE battery. My 9860 (torch) needs a new battery and this is within an year of replacing the original one. Last time I had purchased the replacement from the authorised BB service centre therefore not sure where to buy from now.
Old 24th September 2014, 12:56   #4629
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.mitsuvolk View Post
I recently bought a BB Z10, and I must say that this is a lovely phone.
I am using a Blackberry Z10 from last 17 months and Iam yet to face a single issue which made me gripe about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.mitsuvolk View Post
One peculiar problem which I am experiencing with this phone is that I am unable to view pictures in the TeamBhp mobile app.
Team BHP app is not made for blackberry and is an Android port so it doesnt work that good. I would recommend you to ditch the app and use its browser

Browser of BBOS 10 is simply fantastic. Smooth and super fast. I normally use browser with reader mode turned on

Btw, hope you guys are tuned in for the big event today

Blackberry Passport is getting launched in London, Toronto and Dubai at 6:30pm today evening
Old 24th September 2014, 13:48   #4630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Browser of BBOS 10 is simply fantastic. Smooth and super fast. I normally use browser with reader mode turned on
Thanks for the response, just tried the reader and it is really good
My only grouse with browser is the pop-up ads, they are very annoying
Old 25th September 2014, 23:36   #4631
BHPian

I am facing an issue with Z10 from the past 3 days. The phone boots up, shows "blackberry" written and then the phone goes to show the Blackberry logo where you have a progress bar. That bar goes all the way to the top (till maybe like 98%) and then stops there. Blackberry link is not detecting the phone at all. I have tried various ports on my office laptop & tried different cables as well (OEM / Samsung micro USB). If i keep it charged for 1/2 hours , the progress bar doesnt complete the cycle.
I bought a new battery as well as the original battery was showing early signs of swelling.

Any help?
Old 26th September 2014, 00:21   #4632
BHPian

Currently I use phones running all the three popular os, android, ios and windows.
But I have always loved the new bb os and their phone the bb z10. I have read tons of reviews of both the os and the phone, all praises.
Somehow I am never able to buy that phone, even when the price was officially reduced to 16990 and now when I thought of buying it, shows out of stock almost everywhere.
The stores, both online and brick and mortar who have it, are selling it at much higher prices.
Now my eyes are on q10, price reduced to a mouth watering 20k :-D
Old 26th September 2014, 10:08   #4633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aksthedreamer View Post
Currently I use phones running all the three popular os, android, ios and windows.
But I have always loved the new bb os and their phone the bb z10. I have read tons of reviews of both the os and the phone, all praises.
Somehow I am never able to buy that phone, even when the price was officially reduced to 16990 and now when I thought of buying it, shows out of stock almost everywhere.
The stores, both online and brick and mortar who have it, are selling it at much higher prices.
Now my eyes are on q10, price reduced to a mouth watering 20k :-D
Hey,

I am also looking at the Q10, have you inquired with offline retailers for the price of 20k, since most online sellers are quoting about 22k+.

The Z3 also seems value for money at 15k with a 5 inch screen, although without the keypad.
Old 26th September 2014, 11:23   #4634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
I am facing an issue with Z10 from the past 3 days. The phone boots up, shows "blackberry" written and then the phone goes to show the Blackberry logo where you have a progress bar. That bar goes all the way to the top (till maybe like 98%) and then stops there. Blackberry link is not detecting the phone at all. I have tried various ports on my office laptop & tried different cables as well (OEM / Samsung micro USB). If i keep it charged for 1/2 hours , the progress bar doesnt complete the cycle.
I bought a new battery as well as the original battery was showing early signs of swelling.

Any help?
Try reloading the OS. My Z10 was bricked on the first day when tried to update the OS. Follow below link for the instructions.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...S/td-p/2187545
Old 26th September 2014, 11:33   #4635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
I am also looking at the Q10, have you inquired with offline retailers for the price of 20k, since most online sellers are quoting about 22k+.
I am also keen to buy the Q10, but at 18K. I have checked at Irla, its still at 22K, like online. If Passport is 35K, I will buy that instead & skip iPhone 6

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks