Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2015, 13:37   #4711
BHPian

I moved from a Bold3+Torch to a Q10 ten days ago. Did the 10.3.1 update and now typing this using the Team BHP mobile app. Almost all my productivity apps run smoothly and integrate well in to the notifications hub. Blend was also a big surprise, quite happily using it away.
Old 21st April 2015, 17:36   #4712
Oxy
BHPian

Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Finally my other Passport arrived couple of days ago.

From the little that I used, it seems mightier than the original one

Will try to write some details about it after a few weeks of usage. But, at the moment iam just reeling with awe !!
What a huge phone

How do you manage to carry it?
Old 21st April 2015, 19:50   #4713
vdi
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
What a huge phone

How do you manage to carry it?
Right. Its huge and after seeing the pics online I didn't expect it to be this big. Its almost like a notebook we use to carry in schools.
Old 24th April 2015, 06:38   #4714
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
What a huge phone.How do you manage to carry it?
It's quite big but, carrying it is not a problem at all. I snuck into my jeans and trouser pants. Putting it in top pocket is little bit of a problem as iam worried it might fall out if I bend even slightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdi View Post
Right. Its huge and after seeing the pics online I didn't expect it to be this big. Its almost like a notebook we use to carry in schools.
Hey VDI, its big but, not as big as a school notebook. And, its definitely smaller than even the Samsung Note 3/4
Old 29th April 2015, 10:41   #4715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@mobike008 : are you facing the phone restart issue after the latest update? I got a ~6MB update 4 days back and now having sudden deaths and restart issue!
Old 2nd May 2015, 04:39   #4716
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
@mobike008 : are you facing the phone restart issue after the latest update? I got a ~6MB update 4 days back and now having sudden deaths and restart issue!
Iam on 10.3.1.1779 which was an update that I downloaded 2-3 days ago ( 47mb) and haven't faced any issues at all.

Phone works perfectly. Camera is superb but, for the focus issue which sometimes gets irritating

Which version of OS are you on now?
Old 2nd May 2015, 12:10   #4717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Iam on 10.3.1.1779 which was an update that I downloaded 2-3 days ago ( 47mb) and haven't faced any issues at all.

Phone works perfectly. Camera is superb but, for the focus issue which sometimes gets irritating

Which version of OS are you on now?
Same version 1779.

Have removed them but still faced heating, sudden battery drains and random restarts. Worse is when it restarts when answering a call.

Have gone back a previous version using AutoLoader, but problem persists.

Not sure if it is due to the Google play store that I have installed, which seems to be from when the phone started acting weird.
Old 5th May 2015, 08:11   #4718
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Not sure if it is due to the Google play store that I have installed, which seems to be from when the phone started acting weird.
For Android Apps, I have installed the Amazon store and SNAP and I have not faced any problems till date

Just curious to know if Playstore offers anything more than SNAP? Reason for asking is SNAP offers a comprehensive range of Android apps
Old 5th May 2015, 08:42   #4719
BHPian

Quote:
Just curious to know if Playstore offers anything more than SNAP? Reason for asking is SNAP offers a comprehensive range of Android apps
SNAP is like a proxy for the Google Playstore, so you should find all the Apps that are there in the Google Playstore in SNAP.

Installing Playstore on BlackBerry involves installing patched/ported Google Play Services which can potentially cause issues on the phone.
Old 5th May 2015, 09:44   #4720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...Just curious to know if Playstore offers anything more than SNAP? Reason for asking is SNAP offers a comprehensive range of Android apps
Did come across Snap while exploring Playstore on BB, but did not compare the pro's and con's.

Once this dust settles down, I might take a look at Snap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreethamB View Post
...Installing Playstore on BlackBerry involves installing patched/ported Google Play Services which can potentially cause issues on the phone.
Which is what I initially thought. But, now with a full security wipe and factory reset, I am still getting the reboot issue.

Got a BB Classic and using it such a pain! Going from the Passport, you get hit first with the small screen, then the lack of predictive texting and so on.

Came across a post on the BB forum (not CB) from a user facing similar issue and one of the recommendation was to stop using the SD card.

Will be testing the Passport without the SD card for few days.

Fingers crossed!

It is only I stopped using the Passport, realized how good a device it is!
Old 7th May 2015, 12:13   #4721
Senior - BHPian

I have forgotten my BBid password as well as the answer to the security question. What might be the solution to get out of this log jam, am unable to update Whatsapp without first verifying the blackberry id.
Old 21st May 2015, 12:31   #4722
Senior - BHPian

OS version 10.3.1.2582 (release 10.3.1.1784) was released in Canada on March; waited for official OTA update till now for the Passport. With none coming, decided to install it myself.

As this and the previous version has no difference in apps, I went for updating only the core OS and radio using Darcy's BB Tool (http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-tools-956835/ )

So far, have got three calls; no disconnections or over heating as was there before. I hope this is the answer to the issues faced. Will check over the next few days. Fingers crossed.
Old 21st May 2015, 13:27   #4723
Senior - BHPian

HAs anyone bought/experienced the new Leap. Wondering how it would compare to the Z30 and whether either of them come with 4G band reception capability ?
Old 8th July 2015, 16:12   #4724
BANNED

I'm going to ask something that is not going to be popular here. I have just moved away from Blackberry. I sold my Blackberry recently and did a backup using the desktop manager. I just realized that I need to recover a phone number that was in my Blackberry Phone book. Is there any way I can do that without a Blackberry?
Old 12th July 2015, 19:45   #4725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
I'm going to ask something that is not going to be popular here. I have just moved away from Blackberry. I sold my Blackberry recently and did a backup using the desktop manager. I just realized that I need to recover a phone number that was in my Blackberry Phone book. Is there any way I can do that without a Blackberry?
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...p/td-p/1136059

https://sites.google.com/site/ipdparse/home

Go thru this KB & the mentioned link in it about IPD parsers

I recollect using MagicBerry App long back to export contacts from the RIM DM backup file.

http://download.cnet.com/MagicBerry/...-10962130.html

Last edited by kicha : 12th July 2015 at 19:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks