Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2009, 14:25   #676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I have waited 25 hours for the BB Prosumer Lite to be activated. Still waiting. Support guy is telling, "Sir its a new service, so you will get it within 48 hours", and he knows nothing more.
If you are Vodafone customer, you can call vodafone business solutions customer care, if it is not activated in 48 hours.

Last edited by Mugen_Power : 8th April 2009 at 14:26.
Old 8th April 2009, 19:21   #677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post

I found the prices a bit high on CNN.CN. How is their delivery time though?

Manav, do you know this seller called Anitel Marketing in Mumbai? Their shop is located on Cadell Road, near Hinduja Hospital, Mahim.

They used to have a website called www.gsmcost.com but it seems to have shut down now.
Have not dealt with him before, is he into importing Grey Market phones? The prices are a bit high but there is no place else you can get stuff that these guys stock. We are planning on express 2 day FedEx which will be 38$ so even if we have 2 more people who want to order the shipping costs will be considerable for everyone at 10ish each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
I am game. Provided someone can help me put it into my 8830.

And an update on the firmware upgrade front. I contacted Tata Indicom blackberry support asking them to guide me to upgrade to OS v4.5. They said for the Tata Indicom 8830 only OS v4.2.2 is available, and that they will inform when it is available. What the ** I want OS v4.5 right now. Is there a work around to this? How can I do it manually?
Update it to the latest OS from any of the ones online, and then debrand it by deleting the vendor.xml files. You can find more info about that on CrackBerry Forums.

Quote:
May be your network (tata indicom) is not capable of handling the latest OS ! In that case, you have to wait for them to update their servers first (or whatever tech side they have to). I look at it this way: There are many using a 3G enabled phone in India, but who is providing a 3G service right now ?

I have waited 25 hours for the BB Prosumer Lite to be activated. Still waiting. Support guy is telling, "Sir its a new service, so you will get it within 48 hours", and he knows nothing more.
The OS has nothing to do with the operator, actually the operators always lag in releasing the OS to public because they are plain lazy and nothing else. Call up 55666 and tell them again, for the 299 plan you get a callback from them and you have to confirm your details to activate the plan. I think you must have missed the confirmation calls like I did thats why its not yet active.
Old 8th April 2009, 19:36   #678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
The OS has nothing to do with the operator.......... I think you must have missed the confirmation calls like I did thats why its not yet active.
About the OS and the network provider, I just expressed my doubt, nothing else ! I have no clue about how each one is operating.

On the confirmation call part; I dont know why I am the last one to get such calls ! Airtel still calls me to re-activate my already surrendered and cancelled number with different offers each week. Earlier Vodafone was not able to handle my issue that happend when I used the Unlimited 899 plan 3 weeks back. That was credit limit getting hit each day as the daily KBite count was causing it. Now this 299 plan might give me the same issue. Why these idiots have no ways to rectify such silly issues ?

I already called the BB support thrice, they said, my request is OPEN and in CUE ! Reminds me of the cues for 'first day first show'.
Old 9th April 2009, 00:32   #679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now this 299 plan might give me the same issue. Why these idiots have no ways to rectify such silly issues ?

I already called the BB support thrice, they said, my request is OPEN and in CUE ! Reminds me of the cues for 'first day first show'.

Shaju,

You should have to wait for at least 48 hours, or else call 55666, they might help you.

EDIT:
Received OEM car charger from fommy.co.in today.

Last edited by Mugen_Power : 9th April 2009 at 00:34.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:29   #680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
You should have to wait for at least 48 hours, or else call 55666, they might help you.
Yes, I have completed 48 hours now, called up the support, he said "Sir, your request is expired and if you want us to be happy for helping you, you need to request one more time and wait for another 48 hours, sorry for the inconvenience though. Is there anything else I can assist you with?". I said, "I am done, no more requests, no more calls, thank you for happily helping me". BAAAMMM !

I am thinking of re-activating my airtel now. Having gone through both networks, I can tell it loud "Airtel sucks in many things, but its defenitely better than Vodafone when it comes to business solutions".

Last edited by shajufx : 9th April 2009 at 12:33.
Old 9th April 2009, 14:15   #681
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I have completed 48 hours now, called up the support, he said "Sir, your request is expired and if you want us to be happy for helping you, you need to request one more time and wait for another 48 hours, sorry for the inconvenience though. Is there anything else I can assist you with?". I said, "I am done, no more requests, no more calls, thank you for happily helping me". BAAAMMM !

I am thinking of re-activating my airtel now. Having gone through both networks, I can tell it loud "Airtel sucks in many things, but its defenitely better than Vodafone when it comes to business solutions".
My 299 package was activated by Airtel in flat 4-5 hours. Morning made the request and by 2pm, my phone was activated with emails
Old 9th April 2009, 15:33   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
My 299 package was activated by Airtel in flat 4-5 hours. Morning made the request and by 2pm, my phone was activated with emails
That was really quick. Lucky you!
Old 9th April 2009, 15:50   #683
BHPian

I am thinking of re-activating my airtel now. Having gone through both networks, I can tell it loud "Airtel sucks in many things, but its defenitely better than Vodafone when it comes to business solutions".[/quote]

You are very much right Shaju! I too don't say that Airtel's service is excellent, but comparing with Vodafone's as you said, it's definitely better. Moreover, they have been calling you to have your connection activated isn't it, now you can even demand and have a fancy number of your choice (if not your old number). You can have it activated along with BB 299 plan.
Old 9th April 2009, 16:58   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Shaju please check your PM. I've sent you some info to solve your issues.

Many people have asked me resources where to download applications, themes, wallpapers and ringtones for berries so ill share some of the websites.

Index of /ota/ - OTA (Over the air) download of free & paid APPS.

Download Ringtones, Themes, Wallpapers, Videos and Games for your Cell Phone | Zedge - Free Your Phone! - Lots of ringtones & wallpapers

Blackberry Themes for all BLACKBERRY models for free - Themes for BB Phones.
Old 9th April 2009, 21:32   #685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsolo27 View Post
now you can even demand and have a fancy number of your choice (if not your old number). You can have it activated along with BB 299 plan.
Yes I am thinking of the same. They keep calling and emailing almost every week. Also my credit limit would start from Rs.6000 too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Shaju please check your PM. I've sent you some info to solve your issues.
Buddy, I think the PM has gone to someone else. Please resend it. Btw, Vodafone sensed my disappointment and activated the 299 plan 5 hours back. But I really really feel the credit limit hitting issue will repeat as before. If thats the case, I would just cancel BB plan and keep the SIM on a cheap handset only for incoming calls (as of now I have lifetime plan which has no monthly rental anyways).

People who have shared their PINs here, my request is pending on your messengers. May be I have to consider the request as "DENIED".
Old 10th April 2009, 00:20   #686
Senior - BHPian

Shaju I added you on BB Messenger.

I was going to PM you and just then the electricity went it was a email address of a BB Support guy who has always come through for me.
Old 10th April 2009, 00:52   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Btw, Vodafone sensed my disappointment and activated the 299 plan 5 hours back. But I really really feel the credit limit hitting issue will repeat as before. If thats the case, I would just cancel BB plan and keep the SIM on a cheap handset only for incoming calls (as of now I have lifetime plan which has no monthly rental anyways).

People who have shared their PINs here, my request is pending on your messengers. May be I have to consider the request as "DENIED".
Congratulations Shaju. Finally you have a working BB connection! Added you on BB messenger.
Old 10th April 2009, 14:53   #688
BHPian

My PIN

3025B4D5

Now upgrading to OS v4.5 Hopefully should be done in an hour.
Old 10th April 2009, 15:23   #689
Team-BHP Support

Today morn i got a notification for upgrade to 4.7, me guess this is for desktop manager. Dont have a BB but i guess update is out.
Old 10th April 2009, 16:17   #690
Senior - BHPian

Atlast I have 4 team-bhp members on my BB messenger. Infact we might need such things as part of our daily life very soon. Its 100 times better we add people whom we discuss about everything under the sun on a daily basis !

For those who missed my PIN early: 2525209C

If Prosumer Lite 299 plan was not launched, I would not have thought of activating BB again. I dont know if anyone remembers ?? I had wished for a plan below 500 few pages back here, and now here we have a 299 plan. Really worth the money.

Last edited by shajufx : 10th April 2009 at 16:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks