Currently downloading the 94mb file !!!
Old 4th May 2009, 08:35   #797
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Found a version for India for Bold : v4.6.0.297

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...C993776&step=4

Currently downloading the 94mb file !!!
Actually, i found the latest OS for BOLD for Airtel : v4.6.0.418 and i tried downloading from the RIM website ( which redirects to redington india) and it stops downloading after 10 mins " server unable to respond"

Thanks Jaggu for the tip, now if only i can successfuly download this version and check out if it makes any difference
Old 8th May 2009, 14:47   #798
Senior - BHPian

MTNL launches BB services

So for the folks in Mumbai and Delhi - another player enters the fray. Got this from MTNL's website Black Berry Services (w.e.f.04/05/2009)

A. Cost of Handsets:

Blackberry Handset Model MRP (inclusive of all Tax)
Blackberry Bold 9000 Rs. 34,000/-
Blackberry Curve (8310) Rs. 24000/-
Blackberry 8700G Rs. 14000/-

B. Tariff Plans :

i) Plan I: BIS Economy:

Plan Name Monthly rental Free Data download Charges beyond free download
BIS Economy Rs.249/- N/A Rs.0.10/KB

ii) Plan II: BIS Unlimited :

Plan Name Monthly rental Free data download Charges beyond free download
1 BIS Unlimited Rs.1099/- Unlimited N/A

iii) Plan III: BES Unlimited & BES + BIS Unlimited :

Plan Name Monthly rental Free data download Charges beyond free download
1 BES Unlimited Rs.899/- Unlimited N/A
2 BES+BIS Unlimited Rs.899/- Unlimited N/A

For all the above tariff plans Taxes extra, wherever applicable. Cost of the Voice Plan will be extra.

Note:- For more details dial 1503 or mail us at dolphin_helpdesk@mtnl.net.in

So I infer that BIS Economy is the same at Prosumer Lite, right? But that 0.1/kb has got me thinking - maybe MTNL is allowing pay-per-use data usage, which Vodafone and Airtel have restricted on the 299 plan.
Old 8th May 2009, 15:48   #799
D-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Need to get my BB pearl back in shape. Have the following problems:
-The pearl scroll ball does not work for sideways scrolling at times
-Replace the battery
-Rear battery door lock is loose

Where can I get these things rectified in Mumbai? How much would it cost?
If you are techy enough which i have found most BB users to be... there are a few chinese websites not sure if i can spell the name here but they sell parts along with the tools to open the BB. Do it yourself. That tube site .. you can watch videos on how to replace those parts. A co worker of mine relpaced the housing of his phone from being Silver to Black in 30-40 minutes.. just make sure you watch the video... hint: you can buy different color pearls and you can change the light too.. use the famous search engine or email me..

BTW i have freinds who have services from TATA, Voda and airtel. I have TATA just for the fact that they have a unlimited talk and unlimited roam plan for Rs 3k. The customer service is so horrible that i told them about this plan. Not only that the only way i found about this plan is by diggin on their site. The rep at the store dint even mind taking a Rs 1000 from me as roaming overages when i was on a 2500 plan while the titanium plan was already out. When i questioned would you rather have a customer pay Rs 1000 or suggest him a new plan for the comming month? the rep said " sir i am new here i dont know much most people are new here as we really dont have many tata blackberry users" This was the store in sec 34 of chandigarh.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th May 2009 at 15:55. Reason: back to back posts

Old 10th May 2009, 01:26   #800
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Guys i just bought a BB bOLD , now i've two sim cards from vodafone. i'm using the Vodafone connect internet on one of them for my e63. Can i use this on BOLD ? will the emails work ?

and i checked on the vodafone site they say they have a Rs 299 plan for bberry. The comparision sheet shows me that it doesn't include BIS browser ? can someone shed more light on this plan ?

Currently i'm paying 699 for the Vodafone connect 1GB. i need instant messaging, emails , and facebooking etc.
Old 10th May 2009, 01:38   #801
D-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
will the emails work ?
and i checked on the vodafone site they say they have a Rs 299 plan for bberry. Currently i'm paying 699 for the Vodafone connect 1GB. i need instant messaging, emails , and facebooking etc.
Not sure on how good Voda Reps are but I am giving this information based on my BB usage since 8 + years I may be wrong.
BIS Browser:
you must have seen many icons on your BB but you dont see a world icon on your BB right?(only if u purchased NOB) that is because Browser needs to be pushed to your BB it will only be pushed if the right plan codes are pushed to your phone. So it wont come with the Rs299 plan

I am assuming that you havent purchased bold from the guys at vodaphone. No big deal though just make sure you select the plan which is above Rs299 i think its 1k right?

If you just want emails then its fine as with Rs299 you get access to vodaphone.blackberry.com which is where you can configure around 10 email accounts and additionally create one for you which is on the BB domain for instance AZA@vodaphone.blackberry.com

BB Messenger is another thing which gives you chat abilities for other BB users via the PIN

If money no bar please get the right plan. Once you go Black you never go back. I promise you shall be addicted.

BY the way current plan that you are on for Rs699 wont work here. Message me if you need more clarification. Enjoy and congo

Old 10th May 2009, 01:47   #802
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Thanx for the prompt reply D-Man, Infact i've been seeing my friend blackberry and thats what prompted me to get one for myself.

I will visit the vodafone shop tom and check it out.

Can we install applications like on the nokias ? And the MAP MY INDIA gps system how to get that ?
Old 10th May 2009, 01:56   #803
D-Man

Quote:

Can we install applications like on the nokias ? And the MAP MY INDIA gps system how to get that ?
You know Nokia is no where comparable to BB. BB is a heaven of phones. You may think ' silly boy what abt Iphone 3g?' Not even that is comparable when it comes to installing applications specially business aps. I have used almost every Nokia communicator even the E90 but it cant be compared to BB. I know speaking bad about nokia in India is like being a hindu in pakistan. Let me be Sunny for a while

Google Maps shall help you the best. A piece of advice check with vodaphone on this one flaw i found in TATA.
Apparantly TATA Indicom has declared this issue as non resolvable and closed it for me. Whenver you are on a browser, Gtlak or Map application, your phone line comes busy if some one tries to reach you. TATA is not BB ready in that sense. No it does not use a gprs connection. So make sure after you activate your BB let the browser be working while you try and make a phone call to see if interupts the browser and lets you answer the call.

Old 10th May 2009, 17:37   #804
Senior - BHPian

Spoke to a Vodafone CC executive - the info I got was BB299 plan doesn't allow you access to facebook, flickr and 3rd party applications. Also you cannot access BB browser (?) - only mails.

I asked him if I take a BB299 plan and an advanced GPRS 199 plan - then can I access all stuff? He confirmed I could..

Is it possible guys ?
Old 10th May 2009, 18:38   #805
Senior - BHPian

N_C whats the advanced GPRS plan called?afaik, Vodafone's GPRS offering is called Live and has different slabs based on data usage allowed. Im on a pay per use plan and dont have to pay any monthly rent.
Old 10th May 2009, 19:16   #806
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... Can we install applications like on the nokias ? And the MAP MY INDIA gps system how to get that ?
How do you mean "like on the nokias"? The installation method is a bit different in some ways, even though both are meant to run Java apps (one can run apps written in C++ on Symbian, but not on BB). On Nokia, you can either fire up the installation from the PC Suite or you can put the jar/jad in the SD card and run it. On the BB, one *has* to go through the Desktop Manager > Application Loader.

In terms of Application availability (variety) Nokia / Symbian is way ahead.

Navigation software is difficult to find. MapMyIndia is not available on BB. BB Maps don't cover India. Garmin has a version for BB. Otherwise it is Google baba zindabad.
Old 10th May 2009, 21:16   #807
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Guys, i've taken the 899 plan from Airtel, its an unlimited plan. My phone came with a Wayfinder application when i run it, it shows MAP MY INDIA etc etc. Will i be charged for this?

Till now the whole experience has be awesome. Facebook 1.5 is nice and instant messaging is great too. Another thing i just love the screen. The colors are rich. Onething that i couldn't find a solution is that ringer volume, its very low even in the HIGH setting. Other than that i find the Case to be a bit tight will get a replacement tom.

Can you guys suggest some websites where i can get apps/tones/themes etc?
Old 10th May 2009, 23:41   #808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you guys suggest some websites where i can get apps/tones/themes etc?
Congrats for BOLD.

CrackBerry.com – The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users & Abusers

PimpMyBerry! - Pimp Your BlackBerry!

Free BlackBerry Themes | Blackberry Storm Themes | Blackberry Bold Themes

BlackBerry Cool | The voice of the BlackBerry community

Cheers.
Old 11th May 2009, 00:24   #809
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Vishal bhai thanx for the links, i'm there on crackberry and pimpmyberry Have pm'd you the PIN too
Old 11th May 2009, 09:20   #810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
N_C whats the advanced GPRS plan called?afaik, Vodafone's GPRS offering is called Live and has different slabs based on data usage allowed. Im on a pay per use plan and dont have to pay any monthly rent.
NG,

Vodafone Live only allows you to surf wap sites - with the advanced GPRS, you can surf websites like on a pc and also use the phone as a modem to surf on your pc.

Most Viewed