Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2009, 20:49   #901
Team-BHP Support

If the dropped signal is indeed an issue, then it should be resolved by OS upgrade/reinstall, otherwise it will definitely a hardware issue and might be a costly repair if not under warranty.

In such a case best thing to do is dispose off and get a new handset, maybe strike a deal with a dealer and exchange for a newer model
Old 27th May 2009, 20:58   #902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
...In such a case best thing to do is dispose off and get a new handset, maybe strike a deal with a dealer and exchange for a newer model
Maashe,

Did you read through the complete post or just the issue alone?

If you did read through completely, then I think you post is very sarcastic; don't you think so?
Old 27th May 2009, 21:56   #903
Team-BHP Support

I read the whole post, i was not being sarcastic! just a practical solution that came to my mind, ie if its a deadlock.

I cant and wont comment on "the deal" since i dont know any more details, than what is posted here. Also the other side hasnt responded yet.

Only hoping it doesnt turn to another mud slug (otherwise pretty interesting BB thread) and the issue is sorted out between both the parties, amicably.

Let me add this is "one of the reason" why we would like to keep commercial activities out of our forum and has taken strong stand against it.
Old 28th May 2009, 01:59   #904
aZa
Senior - BHPian

@Mobike008 If you have the "original" bill of the phone (if QD sent it to you), if it is bought from airtel or vodafone originally u can try for a replacement. If this doesn't work try upgrading the OS, and check the signal issue. And BOLD OEM holster is for 900Rs.

The other think you can do is sell it off and get legit one from airtel.

Last edited by aZa : 28th May 2009 at 02:07.
Old 28th May 2009, 02:46   #905
Team-BHP Support

IMO try updating the firmware. that will probably help a bit.
Old 28th May 2009, 07:25   #906
BHPian

IIRC, mobike008 has played with all firmwares available and looks like thats not going to help here. What network is it branded with mobike008?

Its high time Manav (QuickDraw) made an appearance on the thread and clarified things. If he sold the phone because he was facing issues, it absolutely not fair to mobike and in some ways, abuses the trust that mobike put in him for being a Bhpian.

@mobike008 - I would also suggest you look to sell the phone to a dealer.
Old 28th May 2009, 11:26   #907
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Hey mobike, whatever you typed is like a shock treatment here !! The purpose of this thread was to share your experiences with BB handsets, service providers and supports.
I am aware about the purpose of this thread. I just outlined my experience so you guys are careful. I am not expecting any support from any of you to seek out to Quickdraw to return my money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
that's a sad experience mobike. i cant believe the BB Bold could get so messed up in a few months of use. I am quite sure this fault can be rectified at the company's end. And you might have to pay for it.
Why should i pay for correcting the handset? ( since its hardware related issues). Though i did approach Airtel BB center in Hyderabad. They mentioned they will charge Rs.12K to send the BB to their BB service center in Bangalore. They cannot promise if the handset will be rectified. This information was also passed onto quickdraw and he lends a deaf ear.

So 23K+ 12K= 35K. And, i can get an Airtel BB BOLD for Rs.34K. I am certainly not insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
But then, why should Mobike shell out more money to correct something, when he should have got a proper set in the first place!
Exactly, i paid for a fully functional product. Had it been cosmetic issues ( like scratches, screen issue, keypad stuff) i would have taken care of that issue myself without approaching Quickdraw or bringing to anyone's notice. But, basic function of making and receiving calls is being hampered due to this hardware issue is totally unacceptable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
@Mobike008 If you have the "original" bill of the phone (if QD sent it to you), if it is bought from airtel or vodafone originally u can try for a replacement. If this doesn't work try upgrading the OS, and check the signal issue. And BOLD OEM holster is for 900Rs.

The other think you can do is sell it off and get legit one from airtel.
As mentioned, he has no bill and warranty and not even a piece of paper. So i DONT even have any mechanism to confirm the phone he sold me is ACTUALLY 1 MONTH OLD.

And, why should i pay Rs.900 for BB Cover which is not an additional accessory ( He gave a holster, which i am not comfortable to use and dont use it most of the times) but, comes as part of the entire deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit View Post
IIRC, mobike008 has played with all firmwares available and looks like thats not going to help here. What network is it branded with mobike008?

Its high time Manav (QuickDraw) made an appearance on the thread and clarified things. If he sold the phone because he was facing issues, it absolutely not fair to mobike and in some ways, abuses the trust that mobike put in him for being a Bhpian.

@mobike008 - I would also suggest you look to sell the phone to a dealer.
Yes Mohit, I use Airtel. And, i have updated on this thread what firmwares that i updated on the phone including my signal problem but when the problem got aggravated and no help and rude behaviour from Quickdraw forced me to post my experience with him.

I gave the phone to Airtel where my cousin works and in a day or two will know what is the problem. If the problem cannot be rectified at a economic cost then there is no other option but sell the phone to a dealer at a throw away price.

Last edited by mobike008 : 28th May 2009 at 11:29.
Old 28th May 2009, 12:36   #908
Senior - BHPian

Thats terrible. Always thought that people in Team BHP could be trusted blindly, since everyone here is an automobile enthusiast and one expects passionate people to be straight forward. A couple of times I've had friends ask me to assist in selling their cars and I've insisted that they be upfront and honest in describing the condition of their cars. And Team BHP'ians by and large have reciprocated the trust. I know of someone who deposited the money for a Honda City without even seeing the car. He trusted my post implicitly, and its gratifying to see that people have such trust and faith in each other even in this day and age.

@ Quickdraw - Please do post your version if it differs and please see if you can make amends to Mobike. Please, do everything possible to ensure that the spirit of Team BHP is maintained.

@ Mods - Please do a rethink on allowing comments in the classifieds section. Very often I find inflated prices and its a shame that no one can warn unsuspecting buyers that they might be taken for a ride and its quite possible that they could buy the same article brand new at a cheaper price.
Old 28th May 2009, 13:15   #909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I am aware about the purpose of this thread. I just outlined my experience so you guys are careful. I am not expecting any support from any of you to seek out to Quickdraw to return my money.
Hey comeon buddy, I am not blaming you for your purchase nor for your post ! Its a shock that comes from an unexpected experience. Everyone knows its not a fair deal. I can understand the pain very well, because I had bought a M800 second hand beginning of 2006, as soon as I came back from abroad. The owner was in singapore and his father was dealing with the sale. He sold me a 1997 model car without AC, no power steering, dying engine but made me pay for all those non-existing things in the car by making me believe it works. I had to resell it within 4 months for a loss of 45k ! Can you believe that ? I still cry over those days because I was royally cheated for trusting a stranger ! This is life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Always thought that people in Team BHP could be trusted blindly, since everyone here is an automobile enthusiast and one expects passionate people to be straight forward.
Yes you are right, we trust each other so much that we dont even think twice while making certain decisions after discussing here. But there are exceptions in every field. This could be one of that. I wish and pray that this is 1 in a billion !
Old 28th May 2009, 13:24   #910
Senior - BHPian

Lalvaz,

You will find many instances of people placing their trust and their hard earned money on complete "strangers" (defined as - not met in person) here at T-BHP, since that is the level that is being maintained. We have had people buy vehicle in India, when they were abroad, thru T-BHP'ians!

But then, one should be extra careful. And no amount of caution will help if someone is out there to cheat!

EDIT: Guilty as charged, but we are going OT here. I reckon we leave it to this and hope that QuickDraw comes out with a resolution to this issue and make a closure post, since we heard only one side so far. Else we are ending up diluting this wonderful thread.

Last edited by HappyWheels : 28th May 2009 at 13:26.
Old 28th May 2009, 15:57   #911
Distinguished - BHPian

Update: I spoke to my cousin in Airtel an hour ago and he told me since my phone is an un-locked AT&T one. His team is trying to source the right software and upgrade it and hopefully the problem should get resolved.

This software is expected on Mon/Tue of next week. I would be a really a happy man, if it gets resolved by that upgrade.

What a difference it makes if you know someone, my previous approach with Airtel was different. They simply said they will charge me 12K for taking a look at the phone

Btw, I SMS'd Quickdraw that my memorable transaction experience with him has been posted here and asked him to check it out. Lets see what he has to say, if he has anything to say at all.
Old 28th May 2009, 16:12   #912
BHPian

Holy Molley, Avi so that was what was wrong with your handset eh? I remember the second day that you had it with you, at the meet, at Ravv's place, the signal on my BB was strong whereas yours was more or less non-existent.

Sad yaar, now where is this gentleman who pawned of this handset to you? Lets hear what he has to say on this.
Old 28th May 2009, 16:25   #913
Senior - BHPian

Avi, keeping all the emotions aside (i know your pain and we are fully with you buddy) I have a couple of questions.

I am not going topost them on the forum, will keep them for Saturday's meet. All I will say is that if you have the right answers to my quesitions, trust me, we will roger QD's happiness to kingdom come, sinc ewhat he has done is illegal in more ways than he can even begin to imagine. In his quest to make a quick buck, he has landed himself in hot soup, and trust me, we will get to the bottom of this, even if it means a trip to Pune.

P.S. all remedies that I will suggest to you are well within the confines of law.
Old 28th May 2009, 16:54   #914
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Suren and Himanshu,

Himanshu, knowing your profession I know what you can do and is very much possible. I have forwarded you all communication with him to your email address.
Old 28th May 2009, 17:08   #915
BHPian

The above exchanges reminded me of a certain Ajit joke.

Himanshu:Mobike, tera phone case mein kyaa ho raha hai ?
Mobike:Boss, QD mere khilaf chhakke pe chhakka maar raha hai.
himanshu: Saaleh ko sabak sikhana padega. Lunch break mein usse phone milana.
Mobike: Yes Boss.
Himanshu:(on phone, to QD): Quiiiickdraaawwwww, tumhari Maa hamare kabze mein hai .......

Jokes apart .... Avi, Your phone was messed up from the day you received it and we did compare is to the Bold that i have and Suren181's BB as well. What you forgot to mention in your ordeal was that QD failed to inform before purchase that the device had Weak Signal issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks