Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2009, 10:42   #1216
Distinguished - BHPian

@Discobiscuit, sorry to know your situation.

I too have a problem with my Bold. Since last evening i am not able to scroll DOWN using my scroller. Whereas, I can scroll UP, LEFT and RIGHT.

I may have touched the phone with wet hands, is that a problem?

Looks like BB's are supposed to be handled with kid gloves
Old 16th August 2009, 11:29   #1217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discobiscuit View Post
hey bbbhpians

i am having issues with my bb9000 again. it doesn't seem to charge anymore. not from the wall charger, nor the USB.

it is now completely dead, and when connected to the charger it doesn't even give the steady red light like it used to while charging when completely dead.

i haven't tried replacing the battery yet.

what do you think the problem could be?
i have a feeling my friend charged my phone with the wrong charger and shot the phones' mobo or battery (not sure if that is even possible).

checking to see if this has happened to anyone else and looking for suggestions on what to do.

thanks
You cannot shot the battery. Since my original BB charger has gone kaput, I generally charge it through my USB or through another charger which was for my PDA. I think the problem might be something bigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

I too have a problem with my Bold. Since last evening i am not able to scroll DOWN using my scroller. Whereas, I can scroll UP, LEFT and RIGHT.

I fell this might be because of dirt accumulation. The roller ball sits on a small touchpad kind of thing and is the electronics were to be shot, then there wouldn't be any motion at all. I don't know whether it is possible on other models, but in my 8310, the small plastic panel comes out along with the ball so that you can clean the touch surface.
Old 16th August 2009, 12:20   #1218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

like milecruncher has said, it is due to dirt. i have had this problem over a dozen times(for every possible direction) and most of the time it fixed itself. or you could look into How to clean bold trackball ? - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
You cannot shot the battery. Since my original BB charger has gone kaput, I generally charge it through my USB or through another charger which was for my PDA. I think the problem might be something bigger.
so this is exactly what happened.....

i was in Germany and my friend also happens to have a BB 9000. Both of us had no power on the phone (yet it was on - red/green flashing light). He plugs his phone into the charger and KAPUTT! one down. Not knowing what happened he asked me if he could see my phone and KAPUTT! two down.

i've charged my phone with various chargers prior to this and i don't think i have faced such a problem. What fascinates me is that how is it possible for a German O2 and an India Airtel to die a couple minutes from each other? am i looking at a virus ?!?! idk, but i do agree that "the problem might be something bigger"

have lodged a compliant with airtel and they said they will send a engineer over in 24hrs to look into this problem
Old 16th August 2009, 14:21   #1219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
so this is exactly what happened.....

i was in Germany and my friend also happens to have a BB 9000. Both of us had no power on the phone (yet it was on - red/green flashing light). He plugs his phone into the charger and KAPUTT! one down. Not knowing what happened he asked me if he could see my phone and KAPUTT! two down.

Sounds like the charger has gone bad and is frying the phones. Get the phones rectified but first get the charger checked and replaced or repaired.

Cheers,
Old 17th August 2009, 10:31   #1220
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, is BB 8310/8320 a good choice in a BB phone for 9,990 INR with Vodaphone? Our office is giving out this phone at this price. Can it be unlocked to work with Airtel?
Old 17th August 2009, 12:03   #1221
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
e-zone?

Guys - I dropped my pearl 8120 on the floor yesterday. The ringtones have gone kaput. Vibration is working fine but none of the ringtones are functioning. Any idea?
Knock Knock! Any comments please?

I missed several calls
Old 17th August 2009, 13:19   #1222
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Guys, is BB 8310/8320 a good choice in a BB phone for 9,990 INR with Vodaphone? Our office is giving out this phone at this price. Can it be unlocked to work with Airtel?
Any place in Mumbai that's selling the phone for this price?
Old 17th August 2009, 13:25   #1223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Knock Knock! Any comments please?

I missed several calls
maybe the speakerphone speaker is messed up, or the connection to it is messed up. but don't quote me on that though.
Old 17th August 2009, 15:24   #1224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
like milecruncher has said, it is due to dirt. i have had this problem over a dozen times(for every possible direction) and most of the time it fixed itself. or you could look into How to clean bold trackball ? - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
This problem got solved automatically without me cleaning the trackball since the trackball is integrated into the phone unlike other BB models where you have an option to remove the lid on its side and clean the surface just like how we do a computer mouse.

Guys, Any idea why it gets stuck in the first place?
Old 17th August 2009, 15:33   #1225
Team-BHP Support

@mobike: dirt, sweat and dust accumulating?
Old 17th August 2009, 15:33   #1226
BHPian

Quote:
Its a good price, but you can't use it with Airtel since it will be Vodafone locked. You should unlock before using it with Airtel.
Old 17th August 2009, 15:37   #1227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its a good price and the handset can be unlocked. 8310 is with GPS whereas 8320 is with WI-FI.

cHEERS
Old 17th August 2009, 15:41   #1228
BHPian

THe BB 8520 is now available for 16K from airtel. What do you guys think of this phone and can skype be installed on it.

Last edited by sameer_dg : 17th August 2009 at 15:43.
Old 17th August 2009, 16:30   #1229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer_dg View Post
THe BB 8520 is now available for 16K from airtel. What do you guys think of this phone and can skype be installed on it.
8520 is a good phone and its cheap. I am not sure about Skype installation, will find out and let you know.
Old 17th August 2009, 16:56   #1230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
@mobike: dirt, sweat and dust accumulating?
Yes, could be the obvious issue. Seems like there are several irritants to BB usage

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks