Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2008, 18:36   #181
Senior - BHPian

Mobile Office & Blackberry = unilimited browsing. Could you elaborate a bit on that part ? The 899 plan of BB service itself is unlimited browsing, so how do you couple it with Mobile Office ? Do you mean to say the basic plan of MO and the basic plan of BB together gives unlimited browsing ? Waiting for a response.
Old 27th December 2008, 22:40   #182
BHPian

me too.. I just signed up for Blackberry 899 unlimited plan and the customer care ( 7070 ) told me that I can get unlimited browsing as well on my Nokia e90. So I called 12118 and got the GPRS settings ( Mobile Office )..right now everything seems to work fine.

hope they dont charge me later for the GPRS usage.
Old 29th December 2008, 13:32   #183
Senior - BHPian

Thats a new revelation for me and to many others here as I understand. Mobile office/ GPRS and Blackberry services have 2 different departments and have nothing in common when it comes to support nor similarity. 7070 guys hav no clue about what info and service you can get from 121 and vice versa. I have gone through this myself and wasted a lot of time. Even a third party software is not helped out by the tech guys in 7070. I am curious to know if you are actually using a BB handset or Nokia e90 ? Both have its own limitations as well as advantages.

BB 899 means 'unlimited' browsing which has nothing to do with MO. You can do everything except running third party software applications.

Last edited by shajufx : 29th December 2008 at 13:34.
Old 29th December 2008, 14:33   #184
BHPian

Not true. I was happily running them on my curve. Opera, 2 stock tickers,pvr and airtel mcash .
Old 29th December 2008, 16:51   #185
BHPian

I am using Nokia e90 right now w/ Blackberry Connect. I have the 899 unlimited plan with Airtel.

You are absolutely right the 7070 and 12118 guys are absolutely retarded, and they would keep sending you back and forth. This is what I did :

I called 7070 and I told them that I have the 899 plan and Blackberry connect installed on my Nokia e90 and my emails were working fine. However when I try to browse the internet using the Nokia browser or Opera I was geting - No Gateway Reply error.

7070 guys told me to speak to 12118 guys and ask them to activate GPRS ( aka Mobile Office ). They told me since I have unlimited plan I will not be charged for the GPRS usage additionally. I called up 12118 and asked them to activate GPRS - They tell me "Sir you have Blackberry plan so you need to call up 7070" .

7070 guys again told me to speak to 12118 as according to them they only support Blackberry HANDSETS. After along bouncing back I finally gave my cool and I asked them to organize a conference - they both said they cant do it from their end so I shouted a bit and then they did it .

After this the 121 guys gave me the Mobile Office settings and ACKNOWLDGED that I will not be charged for the usage.

So now I use Mobile Office for all third/first party apps and the regular Blackberry Connect for my mails ( Nokia mail browser sucks balls by the way ).
Old 29th December 2008, 18:58   #186
BHPian

@spiff
am going thru the same ordeal, i called 121 they say mobile office is active, but for settings speak to 7070, 7070 says we are not equipped, call 121 if they say no call us on conference. how frustrating man. i wanted to buy air tickets on my way back home from yatra but could not, then i spoke to a friend who told me that they also have a wap site wap.yatra.com which got me out of trouble. But seriously, it will take a long time for them to provide stress free service.
Old 29th December 2008, 20:17   #187
BHPian

This is my settings :
Connection name : Mobile Office
Data : Packet Data
Accesspoint name : airtelgprs.com
Username : 91#
Prompt Password : No
Password : 0000
Authentication : Normal

Try this and let me know if it works ?
Old 30th December 2008, 08:43   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff View Post
This is my settings :

hey spiff,
i tried it on my bb bold in options>advance options>tcp>... & voila it works! thanks a lot dude, imagine the harrowing time i've had with the helpline & your input solved my problem! tried ngpay & its working perfectly fine...

thanks once again,
anil
Old 30th December 2008, 19:55   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff View Post
This is my settings :
I had tried something similar few months back but did not work. I wanted to try again, but the blackberry advanced options TCP has only 3 lines; APN, APN username and APN Password, nothing else can be added nor edited in this part other than filling each titles with whatever one wants. May be I have to try some other area of the Menu first. If anyone could give some tips, it would be great. Similar stuff is discussed many pages on this thread but none could come out with any useful solution. We are still trying our luck. All the BB Tech support guys suck bigtime, everyone knows that.
Old 30th December 2008, 20:36   #190
BHPian

Hey shajufx

I am currently using the e90 so cant help much on that, I should be getting my Bold soon which I will use with my airtel connection. Will try it out and let you know.

Also for all the guys in Mumbai - Try speaking with Rajat Rastogi at 9892307070 or 7070 . So far he seems to be the most smartest out of all the monkeys which are working at Airtel call centres.
Old 30th December 2008, 20:37   #191
BHPian

I have been using Blackberry on my E90 for quite some time now.

For unlimited internet & blackberry you need to have the following.

Mobile office (299)+ Blackberry service (BES @ 899) the combined plans provide unlimited internet access & blackberry downloads.

I travelled last month to Maharashtra area (not my home circle) and was not charged roaming on Airtel's network (please use airtel's network only while roaming).

Regards

M M
Old 31st December 2008, 11:08   #192
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I had tried something similar few months back but did not work. I wanted to try again, but the blackberry advanced options TCP has only 3 lines; APN, APN username and APN Password, nothing else can be added nor edited in this part other than filling each titles with whatever one wants. May be I have to try some other area of the Menu first. If anyone could give some tips, it would be great. Similar stuff is discussed many pages on this thread but none could come out with any useful solution. We are still trying our luck. All the BB Tech support guys suck bigtime, everyone knows that.
You dont need all the other details mentioned above, those are settings from Nokia handset, BB as you said requires only apn, user name and password. This is the case with most of other devices (win mob, iPhone etc).

I think in spiff's case he git airtle to activate MO along with BB and then he used the settings to get MO service free, but this can happen only with Airtel's confirmation, me thinks.

Last edited by Jaggu : 31st December 2008 at 11:10.
Old 31st December 2008, 12:13   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post

Shaju,

Please put APN=airtelgprs.com . leave everything else blang - and voila you have gprs

@spiff - download the seven email client and junk the blackberry connect - save yourself 400 bucks a month that is what i am doing on my e71 now

Last edited by prabhuav : 31st December 2008 at 12:15.
Old 31st December 2008, 12:28   #194
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuav View Post
Shaju,

Please put APN=airtelgprs.com . leave everything else blang - and voila you have gprs
he doesnt have MO and hence doesnt work, in between he had subscribed to MO and used the setting and made it work also.
Old 31st December 2008, 12:36   #195
BHPian

Dude, if you have 899 unlimited, MO unlimted is there by default.

Most Viewed