Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2009, 19:44   #481
Senior - BHPian

Regular EDGE connection means BB or Vodafone Mobile Connect ? I feel very hard to leave my BB Pearl as I am enjoying the sleek, smart, intelligent look and functions of it, although its incomplete without a data plan. I dont think there is any other smart phone available in the market which will compete with Pearl 8120 when it comes to handset weight, size, functions, cuteness and ease of use put together ! Correct me if I am wrong.

Is there any EDGE plan that can work on Pearl meeting my needs of Browsing, Messengers and other basic functions ?
Old 14th March 2009, 00:41   #482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
Finally
I have send sms to activate BB Prosumer Lite @299PM.
BBPL activated yesterday.
Got sms confirmation from Vodafone alongwith how to setup email address thorugh pc as bbpl have no access for web. so i done it via pc and succesfully added 4 email address within 10 minutes.
Google talk and Yahoo messenger is also working fine.

Havent faced any problem in activating BB or setting up emails.

Enjoying BB now...

I want to buy car charger for BB, any suggestion?
Old 14th March 2009, 04:39   #483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I dont blame anyone buddy, there is no point blaming these bunch of idiots who happen to be in the supports. Certain things are beyond anyone's control. For airtel and vodafone support, nothing is of their control nor of knowledge. I post these things just to inform the public, specially the new comers who are wishing to get into value added services.

I forgot to mention the actual problem in the previous post. I had changed from my 375 india plan to lifetime. Support claims that BB unlimited will be billed on a per KB basis daily (in a lifetime tariff plan) and will be adjusted the bill generation day. So, even a credit limit of Rs.10000 will not help a customer who has similar plan. If you want to increase it, you have to deposit Rs.10000 or more to avoid barring calls. So, I prefered to stay out of BB service for the time being. How many of you will deposit Rs.10000 for using BB and voice services on your phone ? No blame games.
Bhai please please for gods sake, if you bother to take a look at the posts done by me. Where I have posted my bills you can easily see that my credit limit is 10,000 but you can see blackberry usage of more then 20,000 even. So that doesnt matter. Be calm and understanding you tell them this problem exists and talk to blackberry tech support or a nodal officer. They will set you right. Trust me, be patient try and resolve things before trying to warn people. Sometimes it just takes time. My plan has still not activated but I calmly told the 55666 guy right now. He apologised and said its a new plan and they've been having issues and promised to revert back!

Quote:
Regular EDGE connection means BB or Vodafone Mobile Connect ? I feel very hard to leave my BB Pearl as I am enjoying the sleek, smart, intelligent look and functions of it, although its incomplete without a data plan. I dont think there is any other smart phone available in the market which will compete with Pearl 8120 when it comes to handset weight, size, functions, cuteness and ease of use put together ! Correct me if I am wrong.

Is there any EDGE plan that can work on Pearl meeting my needs of Browsing, Messengers and other basic functions ?
Personally I found the Pearl's keyboard to be very wierd, after using full qwerty the pearl is just a good looking and very lightweight berry. Its useless for heavy typing. I have a 8110 pearl and I love it, but never after I got my first curve

Try the 8220 its really nice. I didnt like it because of the KB.

Quote:
Got sms confirmation from Vodafone alongwith how to setup email address thorugh pc as bbpl have no access for web. so i done it via pc and succesfully added 4 email address within 10 minutes.

Enjoying BB now...

Hey I got your sms sorry couldnt revert, you know to learn on you own is so much fun.

Mazaa karo aamna berry na duniya ma.
Old 14th March 2009, 05:50   #484
BHPian

I didnt run tru this whole thread - people using Idea as the service provider, and what scheme do you need? jus plain GPRS or is there something else like a BB plan? If you have an unlocked BB can you slip in a sim and get working?
Old 14th March 2009, 07:36   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
I didnt run tru this whole thread - people using Idea as the service provider, and what scheme do you need? jus plain GPRS or is there something else like a BB plan? If you have an unlocked BB can you slip in a sim and get working?
If you ran through the whole thread you would not have had to ask this question.

The BB Plan is different from a plain GPRS plan.
Yes if you have a unlocked BB you can just pop a sim-card inside and get it working.

Now please do go through the thread
Old 14th March 2009, 12:11   #486
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I meant Mobile office or Vodafone connect, No BB plan required. Browsing using Opera browser, email using LogicMail for BlackBerry (POP or IMAP and support multiple accounts)havent tried chat aps.

No you will not get the BB built in apps to work.
Old 14th March 2009, 13:40   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Yes if you have a unlocked BB you can just pop a sim-card inside and get it working.
Now please do go through the thread
thanks. will do that ! its a great idea before using BB on IDEA :-)
Old 14th March 2009, 16:10   #488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Be calm and understanding you tell them this problem exists and talk to blackberry tech support or a nodal officer. They will set you right. Trust me, be patient try and resolve things before trying to warn people.
I tried all what you suggested and much more than that. But none could be of any help. End of the story, they all blame it on my voice tariff plan for all these issues. Support head asked me if he can set me into a data plan without voice ! Means I cant make any calls nor receive, but only BB services. Another option is depositing a huge amount. Presently 'Lifetime' tariff plan has no other way out if clubbed with an unlimited BB plan. Lets see if anything else come to help later.
Old 14th March 2009, 20:52   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Enjoying BB now...

@Mugen_Power - eagerly waiting for your update on the Prosumer Lite plan and its limitations! This will help me convert to a BB user.

Please do let me know if you can make 3rd party applications (such as BookMyShow, NGPay, PVR Mobile etc) work on this plan.

Also, please try to download Facebook for BB and such applications to see whether they work.

The above mentioned applications are the MOST USED ones by me through GPRS on my E51 so its like an alternative lifeline for me and hence the deal breaker/clincher.

Could you PM me your number? I have a lot many queries which I guess can be solved through live conversation/visit only!

Cheers
Nishant

P.S. Quickdraw - you had mentioned in one of the posts that its possible to 'hack' the BB OS to make such 3rd party and other RIM developed applications irrespective of the data plan. Could you please share the details? If not possible to post here, please PM me the same (and also your number!)

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 14th March 2009 at 20:54.
Old 14th March 2009, 21:43   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I tried all what you suggested and much more than that. But none could be of any help. End of the story, they all blame it on my voice tariff plan for all these issues. Support head asked me if he can set me into a data plan without voice ! Means I cant make any calls nor receive, but only BB services. Another option is depositing a huge amount. Presently 'Lifetime' tariff plan has no other way out if clubbed with an unlimited BB plan. Lets see if anything else come to help later.
Talk to a nodal officer like I suggested, if all else fails there is the appilate authority. I am sure they will sort out something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
@Mugen_Power - eagerly waiting for your update on the Prosumer Lite plan and its limitations! This will help me convert to a BB user.

Please do let me know if you can make 3rd party applications (such as BookMyShow, NGPay, PVR Mobile etc) work on this plan.

Also, please try to download Facebook for BB and such applications to see whether they work.

The above mentioned applications are the MOST USED ones by me through GPRS on my E51 so its like an alternative lifeline for me and hence the deal breaker/clincher.

Could you PM me your number? I have a lot many queries which I guess can be solved through live conversation/visit only!

Cheers
Nishant

P.S. Quickdraw - you had mentioned in one of the posts that its possible to 'hack' the BB OS to make such 3rd party and other RIM developed applications irrespective of the data plan. Could you please share the details? If not possible to post here, please PM me the same (and also your number!)
Its not active yet on my phone, its been a couple of days. Ill let everyone in the know when something happens. I get a couple of calls from users of the forum and am more then happy to help them out you can text me on 9923709327
Old 16th March 2009, 19:05   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Talk to a nodal officer like I suggested, if all else fails there is the appilate authority. I am sure they will sort out something.
Yes their resolving action takes place after you have run out of patience and hated everyone around ! Nodal officer called me today to negotiate. I said I am happy with the "Happy to help you" service and I will let him know when I want BB services again. In a way its good that all this happened ("all that happen is for good"). My travels are done for the time being, and next date is not known. So paying for BB is a luxury right now !
Old 16th March 2009, 23:08   #492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes their resolving action takes place after you have run out of patience and hated everyone around ! Nodal officer called me today to negotiate. I said I am happy with the "Happy to help you" service and I will let him know when I want BB services again. In a way its good that all this happened ("all that happen is for good"). My travels are done for the time being, and next date is not known. So paying for BB is a luxury right now !
You should have worked it out now only so it doesnt happen again I am sorry to hear about your problem. But take solace in the fact that this happens!
Old 16th March 2009, 23:22   #493
Senior - BHPian

@Nishant,

Check your PM.
In prosumer lite you can use setup 10 email ids and use IM services like Gtalk and Yahoo unlimited.

You can not browse any website, even you will have to setup your email accounts for BB through PC.

I havent downloaded and installed Third party applications yet as i have got the time, but will install and revert.

@Quick,

Does your Prosumer plan activated?
Old 17th March 2009, 04:49   #494
Senior - BHPian

@Mugan : No its still not active, guess there are some major issues going on, its been over a week now I guess. Will run behind them a little more tommorow. Thinking of ditching the BOLD and getting a Javelin.
Old 17th March 2009, 17:18   #495
AGP
BHPian

Quote:
@Mugan : No its still not active, guess there are some major issues going on, its been over a week now I guess. Will run behind them a little more tommorow. Thinking of ditching the BOLD and getting a Javelin.
Mine is activated on 14th itself and m very very delighted.
No issues in setting up my Novel work as well as personal mail ids.
I m using Gtalk and Yahoo messenger for chating.
although it shows the facebook icon but could not be downloaded. No probs m not using that.

Rest I am planning to write in detail the review of my BB BOLD

Cheers,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks