Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2009, 14:46   #511
Team-BHP Support

OT: atleast the gal looks sleek and why she is hiding the phone?

3G on BB, BSNL is getting a real head start here.
Old 20th March 2009, 14:54   #512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
OT: atleast the gal looks sleek and why she is hiding the phone?

3G on BB, BSNL is getting a real head start here.
Thats because she is Deepika Padukone, the brand ambassador of BSNL. She is the real eye candy rather than whatever phone she is holding.

- reminds of the old, really old, Ericsson mobile phone ad featuring a PYT and a guy. He thinks she is gesturing and talking to him, while she mistakes him for the waiter.
Old 20th March 2009, 17:27   #513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit View Post
Shaju I know its a long shot but have you tried upgrading the OS for your blackberry?
My Pearl runs the latest version (4.5.0.37) and I have faced same issue with older and newer OS in the same handset. Error message is to do with the server permission. When the support was contacted, they said none of the 3rd party stuff will run on a BB. So, I dont think its my personal issue, I have heard few others complaining the same in different forums !
Old 21st March 2009, 07:28   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
My Pearl runs the latest version (4.5.0.37) and I have faced same issue with older and newer OS in the same handset. Error message is to do with the server permission. When the support was contacted, they said none of the 3rd party stuff will run on a BB. So, I dont think its my personal issue, I have heard few others complaining the same in different forums !
I am not familiar with whats offered by providers in India but out here we have two options:
1. Unlimited email and messaging thru BIS/BES but no other data access.
2. Full data access. All applications and BIS/BES share the same data limit.
In your case, looks like its plan type 1. You should talk to your provider to figure this out (I know u are doing it!)
Old 21st March 2009, 16:52   #515
BHPian

Trackball problem

Finally the famous trackball bug has hit my bb 8830we.

<Rant>
Down direction is not working. Up, left, right working perfectly. It is really irritating. When I called up tata indicom's bb helpline, he asked me to switch off the phone, press the trackball and rotate it 360 degrees clockwise once and anti-clockwise once. Even after that the problem persisted. He asks me to take it to the tata indicom hub attached to the head office to have the issue checked.

Why should I travel to the other end of the city for this problem? Why can't any tata indicom hub receive the handset and forward it to their headoffice (there is one right down the road from my workplace). I am very disappointed with this approach.
<End of Rant>
Old 21st March 2009, 17:18   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Thinking of ditching the BOLD and getting a Javelin.
Are you planning to sell your Bold? I am looking around for a E71 or E63 or a Blackberry.
Old 21st March 2009, 17:27   #517
BHPian

Just got myself an 8700, Current Firmware is 4.1.0.309, any idea from where can I get 4.2? Also is the firmware dependent on the Network Provider? I got mine from abroad.

Any help would be appreciated
Old 21st March 2009, 23:45   #518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Rider View Post
Just got myself an 8700, Current Firmware is 4.1.0.309, any idea from where can I get 4.2? Also is the firmware dependent on the Network Provider? I got mine from abroad.

You can upgrade OS with USB cable and Blackberry Desktop Manager.
You can get Blackberry desktop manager in the CD which came with phone or else you can download it from BB website.
Old 21st March 2009, 23:58   #519
BHPian

Thank you @mugen power, i have installed the desktop manager, However it says the firmware should be above 4.2 for the phone , So it isn't service provider related it it?
Old 22nd March 2009, 01:08   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I think its time to get that curve you've always wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
Finally the famous trackball bug has hit my bb 8830we.

<Rant>
Down direction is not working. Up, left, right working perfectly. It is really irritating. When I called up tata indicom's bb helpline, he asked me to switch off the phone, press the trackball and rotate it 360 degrees clockwise once and anti-clockwise once. Even after that the problem persisted. He asks me to take it to the tata indicom hub attached to the head office to have the issue checked.

Why should I travel to the other end of the city for this problem? Why can't any tata indicom hub receive the handset and forward it to their headoffice (there is one right down the road from my workplace). I am very disappointed with this approach.
<End of Rant>
Its a iminant downfall of the trackball. Try and rotate it with a wet thumb it'll get sorted out. If it still doesnt pop it out of the socket by removing the chrome bezel and carefully scrape off the dirt from the rubber rollers and put the thing back in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsolo27 View Post
Are you planning to sell your Bold? I am looking around for a E71 or E63 or a Blackberry.
Maybe PM me a offer.

Quote:

DM is the key, you can find BETA OS also online, go through some BB specific forums.
Old 22nd March 2009, 01:33   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you @mugen power, i have installed the desktop manager, However it says the firmware should be above 4.2 for the phone , So it isn't service provider related it it?
There is nothing service provider related.
It means that new firmware is available so would suggest you update to new firmware.
It will take approx 45 mins.
Old 22nd March 2009, 21:35   #522
Senior - BHPian

Any idea of the blackberry services offered by iDea ? Speeds, Plans ? I called up their hotline and the asked me to call some toll free number which connects and only makes you listen to iDea's tune
Old 23rd March 2009, 00:02   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Any idea of the blackberry services offered by iDea ? Speeds, Plans ? I called up their hotline and the asked me to call some toll free number which connects and only makes you listen to iDea's tune
Do you use Idea?
If yes i think you should have to switch to vodafone now because of prosumer plan.
Old 23rd March 2009, 12:47   #524
Senior - BHPian

I am on Airtel now but there is a HUGE network problem with Airtel and Vodafone that I am facing. Idea's network so far seems to be better that these 2 - that's why I asked.
Old 23rd March 2009, 13:00   #525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
Do you use Idea?
If yes i think you should have to switch to vodafone now because of prosumer plan.
BTW, Airtel has also lowered the price of its Prosumer Lite plan to Rs 299.

However, its the same sad story on all networks. I dont think Idea will be any better. And anways, AFAIK, N_C will be going in for the full fledged BIS plan so the Prosumer version does not apply to him.

@N_C - Check out Loop (erstwhile BPL Mobile). Their BB plans are a tad Rs 100-200 cheaper than Airtel/Voda/Idea and I have heard BPL's connectivity is better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks