Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2009, 14:38   #631
Senior - BHPian

I used this link BlackBerry - BlackBerry Device Software for my software updation. Your handset should be connected to the PC while clicking the 'update' button as instructed in the above page. For me, it took around 20 mts to complete the process on a 2Mbps broadband speed !
Old 6th April 2009, 17:21   #632
BHPian

OS v4.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I used this link BlackBerry - BlackBerry Device Software for my software updation. Your handset should be connected to the PC while clicking the 'update' button as instructed in the above page. For me, it took around 20 mts to complete the process on a 2Mbps broadband speed !
[/quote]
@Shaju
Nice to hear that you were able to update your OS. Try viewing some mails with HTML content and also try editing some documents and tell us yiur experince with the new OS.

Still I haven't got my BB and also yet to decide whether it is Curve or Pearl. Earlier I decided on Curve, but I am unable to get one for the price Quickdraw has suggested in his post below!

Last edited by jgsolo27 : 6th April 2009 at 17:27.
Old 6th April 2009, 17:38   #633
Team-BHP Support

And to my earlier question of using excel with Docs to go, the solution as per BB site:

Want to edit Microsoft® Excel® files on your BlackBerry smartphone? Visit the DataViz® website to register with DataViz and download an update for Documents To Go that includes Sheet To Go.
Old 6th April 2009, 17:47   #634
Senior - BHPian

@Shaju
Nice to hear that you were able to update your OS. Try viewing some mails with HTML content and also try editing some documents and tell us yiur experince with the new OS.

Still I haven't got my BB and also yet to decide whether it is Curve or Pearl. Earlier I decided on Curve, but I am unable to get one for the price Quickdraw has suggested in his post below![/quote]

Which exact model are you looking for, and whats the price point?

I couldnt take it anymore, I went ahead and purchased another Javelin this time it was the official unlocked phone. It didnt have any sort of branding on the OS/Device or Box. Bought it in black color and am really really happy with it.

Kind of OT but t-bhp folks on BB Messenger can add me PIN : 258bf612
Old 6th April 2009, 18:48   #635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Try viewing some mails with HTML content and also try editing some documents and tell us yiur experince with the new OS.
HTML email viewing does not come as default as I understand. There are options on the 'browser configuration' to view it in the 'html' or plain version. HTML version takes time to load the emails though. So, I prefer normal viewing for easier read and reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
using excel with Docs to go....
I had tried editing word and excel documents just to see if they were working. It works fine but tested patience in my case, because it took sometime to open, edit, save and close. On a curve and bold it might be a better experience, I am sure !

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Its not at all OffTopic, but how can we add someone's PIN that keeps changing almost every 48 hours ??

For people who are new to BB handsets: PIN is a Personal Identification Number for each Blackberry handset. Quick has commited a bonding with RIM (Research In Motion) and promised them that he will use atleast 100 BB handsets in the financial year 2009-2010. So, please add him when he is using the 100th handset. Till then you will have only time to edit him !
Old 6th April 2009, 19:03   #636
BHPian

There is a buy one get one free offer from Vodafone for the Blackberry Pearl 8100. It is thus 21990 for 2, approx 11k per phone. Is it any good?
Old 6th April 2009, 19:44   #637
Senior - BHPian

Can someone help me.

I have a Blackberry Pearl 8100 which I had bought in Dubai and used it for three months.

Now I have brought it with me in India and want to use it as a normal GSM phone but it is locked on to UAE service provider Etisalat, only Etisalat sim cards work in it in the international roaming mode.

How can I unlock it and use it with say an Airtel GSM sim card ?
Old 6th April 2009, 20:05   #638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
There is a buy one get one free offer from Vodafone for the Blackberry Pearl 8100.
I dont find that offer anywhere !! Where did you get this info from ? Vodafone site does not mention any offers on BB handsets. Infact almost every field is opting that 'buy one get one free' method nowadays. In Bangalore you buy a flat and get another free (orange country) ! I am waiting for the days when you buy an 'innova' or 'civic' or 'A4' and get another one free !

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
but it is locked on to UAE service provider Etisalat, only Etisalat sim cards work in it in the international roaming mode. How can I unlock it and use it with say an Airtel GSM sim card ?
I have posted many things on the unlocking process. You can either contact Etisalat and request them by email or phone to unlock your phone in few days (some network providers demand minimum 6 months or more user history). Another option is paying money online and getting the unlock code through private online agencies. Just google 'blackberry unlocking' you will get a huge list of online agents.
Old 6th April 2009, 21:23   #639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is a buy one get one free offer from Vodafone for the Blackberry Pearl 8100. It is thus 21990 for 2, approx 11k per phone. Is it any good?
Its a real good deal if they are official handsets with bill & warrenty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
Can someone help me.

I have a Blackberry Pearl 8100 which I had bought in Dubai and used it for three months.

Now I have brought it with me in India and want to use it as a normal GSM phone but it is locked on to UAE service provider Etisalat, only Etisalat sim cards work in it in the international roaming mode.

How can I unlock it and use it with say an Airtel GSM sim card ?
Try online unlocking websites, PM me if you need a list of reliable websites which I've done business with in the past.
Old 6th April 2009, 21:42   #640
BHPian

Offer is on till the 15th of this month. Official, locked to Vodafone BB Pearl 8100s. Is it any good?
Old 7th April 2009, 00:11   #641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Ok.
Already Done.

Here is my PIN : 256BFBFE
Old 7th April 2009, 02:47   #642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Offer is on till the 15th of this month. Official, locked to Vodafone BB Pearl 8100s. Is it any good?
You can get grey market, unlocked Pearls for the same price. So if you're on Vodafone its a good offer as they have warrenty coverage. And are you sure its the 8100 model?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post

Its not at all OffTopic, but how can we add someone's PIN that keeps changing almost every 48 hours ??

For people who are new to BB handsets: PIN is a Personal Identification Number for each Blackberry handset. Quick has commited a bonding with RIM (Research In Motion) and promised them that he will use atleast 100 BB handsets in the financial year 2009-2010. So, please add him when he is using the 100th handset. Till then you will have only time to edit him !
Haan boss you have the right to pull my leg. Many of my friends including some on the forum as well are sick and tired of my ever changing PIN's. Please pray for me in life I get a BlackBerry which I can settle down with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
Ok.
Already Done.

Here is my PIN : 256BFBFE
Added!
Old 7th April 2009, 03:31   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
Thanks for the link.
Could you please do some research and update?
It does use data Mugen. It sends the voice to its server and downloads the text equivalent
Old 7th April 2009, 11:15   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit View Post
It does use data Mugen. It sends the voice to its server and downloads the text equivalent
Thats why it is not working with Prosumer BIS plan.
I checked it up and it works when wi-fi connection is active.
Old 7th April 2009, 12:34   #645
BHPian

New BlackBerrys

There is news for all BlackBerry lovers, specially BOLD - three new 9000 series (aka Bold) models are on the way with the codenames 'Onyx', 'Magnum' and 'Driftwood'. Photos are not yet available.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks