Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2009, 19:58   #661
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
guys you really want to publish your PINS out here? let the mod team know by report post if you want to delete em.

PMing the PIN would be a better idea.
PIN sharing is very different from sharing a mobile number. Because you can reject any incoming request.

I've seen this on many BlackBerry forums, social sharing of PIN's is totally ok. Its voluntary.
Old 7th April 2009, 20:17   #662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
guys you really want to publish your PINS out here? let the mod team know by report post if you want to delete em.
PMing the PIN would be a better idea.
Yes Jaggu, it is not harmful by any chance. If I give you my yahoo messenger ID, you cant anyway add me into your list until and unless I 'accept' you as my buddy. PIN is the same thing. Facebook members can display it on their page as an open invitation to the world.
Old 7th April 2009, 20:29   #663
Team-BHP Support

alrighties hope there is a spam filter for the join request

Anybody tried the google maps on BB? Seems they have activated direction in google maps.
Old 7th April 2009, 20:46   #664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anybody tried the google maps on BB? Seems they have activated direction in google maps.
I did try the direction thingy today - worked precisely. Just punched in my building name in the "to destination" and it pointed me properly on how to reach from my office.

Tried a couple of other places too and it was flawless.
Old 7th April 2009, 20:52   #665
BHPian

Quote:
alrighties hope there is a spam filter for the join request

Directions as in turn by turn directions or just showing the route?
Old 7th April 2009, 21:09   #666
Team-BHP Support

route only, directions havent got the opportunity yet, still in office :(
Old 7th April 2009, 22:42   #667
Senior - BHPian

quickdraw and me planning to get Black bezel, colored track ball etc from cnn.cn for Curve 8900.
Anyone interested?
If we place order together we can save on shipping.
Old 7th April 2009, 22:47   #668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
quickdraw and me planning to get Black bezel, colored track ball etc from cnn.cn for Curve 8900.
Anyone interested?
Can I have the linky ?
Old 7th April 2009, 22:58   #669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Can I have the linky ?
Here you go..

8900 - BenQ-Siemens, Panasonic, Tools, Alcatel, LG, HTC, SonyEricsson, BlackBerry, Noki
Old 8th April 2009, 02:07   #670
Senior - BHPian

Its not just for the Curve 8900 any blackberry that you might be using, or heck any mobile phone and you might need some spare parts for it. Nothing beats CNN (dot) CN amazing site. And the more we order the more we can save on shipping! Group Buy people! People with iPhones or anything else step up browse the website and see if there is anything you need.
Old 8th April 2009, 10:42   #671
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I did try the direction thingy today - worked precisely. Just punched in my building name in the "to destination" and it pointed me properly on how to reach from my office.

Tried a couple of other places too and it was flawless.
Then how come it did not work on the Expressway? Remember when we were trying out the GPS in your phone and Ravi's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Its not just for the Curve 8900 any blackberry that you might be using, or heck any mobile phone and you might need some spare parts for it. Nothing beats CNN (dot) CN amazing site. And the more we order the more we can save on shipping! Group Buy people! People with iPhones or anything else step up browse the website and see if there is anything you need.
I found the prices a bit high on CNN.CN. How is their delivery time though?
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I know many seller of BB's in India. Can you tell me the name and ill let you know if the person is trustworthy or not. There is no such thing as REFURBISHED in India as there are no return policies per say.
Manav, do you know this seller called Anitel Marketing in Mumbai? Their shop is located on Cadell Road, near Hinduja Hospital, Mahim.

They used to have a website called www.gsmcost.com but it seems to have shut down now.

P.S. Mods, apologies for the duplicate post. Please delete the earlier one.

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 8th April 2009 at 10:43.
Old 8th April 2009, 12:42   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
Anyone interested?
I am game. Provided someone can help me put it into my 8830.

And an update on the firmware upgrade front. I contacted Tata Indicom blackberry support asking them to guide me to upgrade to OS v4.5. They said for the Tata Indicom 8830 only OS v4.2.2 is available, and that they will inform when it is available. What the ** I want OS v4.5 right now. Is there a work around to this? How can I do it manually?

Last edited by deepakchan : 8th April 2009 at 12:48. Reason: Got an reply from Tata Indicom
Old 8th April 2009, 13:23   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
I am game. Provided someone can help me put it into my 8830.

And an update on the firmware upgrade front. I contacted Tata Indicom blackberry support asking them to guide me to upgrade to OS v4.5. They said for the Tata Indicom 8830 only OS v4.2.2 is available, and that they will inform when it is available. What the ** I want OS v4.5 right now. Is there a work around to this? How can I do it manually?
I upgraded my 8700 to 4.5. Just look at this link :

Latest OS: 8830 4.5.0.205/4.5.0.138 (ESN devices) - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community
Old 8th April 2009, 13:53   #674
Senior - BHPian

May be your network (tata indicom) is not capable of handling the latest OS ! In that case, you have to wait for them to update their servers first (or whatever tech side they have to). I look at it this way: There are many using a 3G enabled phone in India, but who is providing a 3G service right now ?

I have waited 25 hours for the BB Prosumer Lite to be activated. Still waiting. Support guy is telling, "Sir its a new service, so you will get it within 48 hours", and he knows nothing more.
Old 8th April 2009, 13:58   #675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Then how come it did not work on the Expressway? Remember when we were trying out the GPS in your phone and Ravi's?
That was GPS - this is driving directions on Google Maps (which I downloaded yesterday).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks