Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2009, 09:57   #811
D-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
How do you mean "like on the nokias"?
I think what he meant is as easily as we can on Nokia and if applications are readily available for BB as they are for Nokia.

AZA- As long as you are on unlimted plan you shall not be charged for any data no matter what application you use. Which explains why a user cannot use applications such as Flickr, Facebook on the Rs. 299 plan.

Old 11th May 2009, 20:11   #812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
NG,

Vodafone Live only allows you to surf wap sites - with the advanced GPRS, you can surf websites like on a pc and also use the phone as a modem to surf on your pc.
Thats called tethering

Nice to see things going well here. So people have you checked out the new Blackberry Gemini and Oynx? I've heard the Storm 2 is coming soon as well.
Old 12th May 2009, 00:05   #813
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Guys how is cnn.cn Cellular Accessories - Microsoft, Accessories Store, 3G, Motorola, Apple, BenQ-Siemens, Dopod/O2, Black[/url] to order stuff from? Anyone here has prior experience ? how are their products?
Old 12th May 2009, 09:45   #814
D-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I've heard the Storm 2 is coming soon as well.
I found this on 'boy genius report'. While I am not reposible for its validty thought some of us might be interested.

"We don’t have too much info to go off of at this point in time, but if you are still waiting to get your hands on the Pearl Flip 8220, Curve 8900, Bold, or Storm, we’re about to sc*** you up real quick. We’ve now confirmed from 2 independent sources that RIM is working on a device that will blow the roof off all previous models. Ready for it? 5 megapixel auto-focus camera, 1GB of RAM so your precious worthless apps don’t cause memory leaks, and a “near-HD quality” screen. We’re honestly not sure about the form-factor but we heard this device could be sort of a Bold and Storm mashup. Either Treo-esque or a slide-out device. One last thing… we have also heard from a different source that RIM is hard at work on a second generation Storm device and they’ve even started the first stages of a third generation Storm. That’s all we’ve got for now"

Old 12th May 2009, 13:40   #815
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
N
Once you go Black you never go back. I promise you shall be addicted.
Loving the blackberry experience.
Old 12th May 2009, 17:26   #816
Distinguished - BHPian

Just downloaded the new firmware update for my 8300. It as unfortunately a 75mb exe file and I had to borrow someone windows computer to update the phone.

I've never done that since I got this phone. Never needed to as I back up my Blackberry on my Mac using PocketMac.

It took a long while to update. It erased the phone and erased the OS and then replaced everything with the newer versions.

My 8300 is faster.
The GUI has changed, the email reading window has gone to HTML instead of just text. The displaying method has changed too.
I have a video camera in this phone now
There's more stuff, new buttons, new options and it's so much faster.

I am loving it.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 12th May 2009 at 17:27.
Old 12th May 2009, 17:54   #817
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Just downloaded the new firmware update for my 8300. It as unfortunately a 75mb exe file
For the BB Bold, it is way way above.

The standard firmware file i notice is about 112mb and your right, you have to wait for eternity while the OS is being updated and keep your fingers crossed the power does not go kaput in between
Old 12th May 2009, 18:30   #818
BHPian

OK. So I took the plunge and installed OS 5.0.0.93 on my bold

The OS is a nice improvement over the 4.6. series but nothing that is earth shattering. Better display for the phone book, call logs and the messenger window, A faster browser and a lot of apps that do not work! Will keep it on for a few days and see if I can live with it.
Old 12th May 2009, 18:32   #819
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit View Post
OK. So I took the plunge and installed OS 5.0.0.93 on my bold
You are a brave man. Keep us all posted if you come across any hiccups. I am still on the 4.6.0.247
Old 12th May 2009, 22:28   #820
Team-BHP Support

I got a pop for DM the other day saying 4.7 is available for download, hope its not old news

Quote:
My 8300 is faster.
The GUI has changed, the email reading window has gone to HTML instead of just text. The displaying method has changed too.

I am loving it.
yup it always is fast once you install a new firmware in any device, i think its more to do with a complete wipe more than the OS itself. But yes the new features are pretty kewl, i think i had posted the same is coming, earlier when "the debate" was going on. <i rule>

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th May 2009 at 22:34.
Old 12th May 2009, 22:35   #821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
You are a brave man. Keep us all posted if you come across any hiccups. I am still on the 4.6.0.247
I thought you sold the bold, cant see you on BB messenger.

Quote:
Just downloaded the new firmware update for my 8300. It as unfortunately a 75mb exe file and I had to borrow someone windows computer to update the phone.

I've never done that since I got this phone. Never needed to as I back up my Blackberry on my Mac using PocketMac.

It took a long while to update. It erased the phone and erased the OS and then replaced everything with the newer versions.

My 8300 is faster.

I am loving it.
Sam just like you infact of being a avid lover of Berries have never been able to update mine because am surrounded by macs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Guys how is cnn.cn Cellular Accessories - Microsoft, Accessories Store, 3G, Motorola, Apple, BenQ-Siemens, Dopod/O2, Black[/url] to order stuff from? Anyone here has prior experience ? how are their products?
Some people here were wanting a group buy from the website to save on shipping. Are you interested?
Old 12th May 2009, 23:13   #822
aZa
Senior - BHPian

@Quickdraw yes i'm interested.

@mobike008 : Does apps like wayfinder and facebook work on 5.0 ?

Is there any PIN sharing thread on TBHP?
Old 12th May 2009, 23:27   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post

@mobike008 : Does apps like wayfinder and facebook work on 5.0 ?

Is there any PIN sharing thread on TBHP?
facebook doesn't. you can post the pin here itself. We all have them in this thread
Old 12th May 2009, 23:31   #824
D-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit View Post
facebook doesn't. you can post the pin here itself. We all have them in this thread
Wonder if someone can make a app for Team-BHP for BB. Just like we have Face Book.

Old 13th May 2009, 08:31   #825
BHPian

Browsing issue with BB

Hi Guys,

I recently purchased a BB Bold...I have subscribed for the Airtel 899 unlimited plan. I have an issue with browsing. I am able to only browse the WAP sites, for the other sites I am getting bad gateway error. Can I only browse WAP sites in this plan or I need to get this sorted with the service provider?

Most Viewed