Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2009, 14:35   #841
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Shaju you have a bold right ? ..........There is a ANNUAL payment thing available with Airtel and Vodafone both. Its like 6K for Airtel and 7K for vodafone, for 12months of BIS/BES. Anyone here subscribing to this?
Mine is a Pearl 8120.
My collegue has taken the Airtel 6 months unlimited BB package for 3799.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Any cheap GPS puck/keychain works just fine trust me. No need to spend thousands here.
Not able to find a good one, search is still ON.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Another Problem. After having shifted to Vodafone from Airtel, i thought my problems would be over.
I had a worse than yours situation after moving to vodafone, but things settled in 1 month time and I am happy now. Customer care (counters/outlets) and the billing department and the BB department will only confuse you and put you into a miserable stage. My problem was the billing happening on the per KB usage of my BB unlimited plan, hitting my credit limit every day. They made me pay 3 times in a week to permit my barred outgoing calls I really got pissed off bigtime and cancelled all the extra services. Later they called back and rectified one by one.

Last edited by shajufx : 14th May 2009 at 14:36.
Old 14th May 2009, 15:31   #842
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Guys i'm planning to shift to Vodafone too, 1099 unlimited plan or most probably i'll take the annual thing. What problems did you guys face with billing ? what do i tell the vodafone guys ??
Old 14th May 2009, 15:36   #843
Senior - BHPian

They usually mess up the billing with the BB plan by daily billing of per KB usage, which is stupid for an unlimited BB plan. When the bill is generated, this gets waived off, but hits your credit limit usually. Might vary tariff plan to plan. It happend with me only in the first 2 bills.
Old 14th May 2009, 17:18   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
They usually mess up the billing with the BB plan by daily billing of per KB usage, which is stupid for an unlimited BB plan. When the bill is generated, this gets waived off, but hits your credit limit usually. Might vary tariff plan to plan. It happend with me only in the first 2 bills.
It was not waived off in my case & i just don't have the time to leave my business, go down to the Vodafone Gallery, take a token, wait for half an hour, explain the same problem to three or four people as half don't understand a word you say, listen to their marketing gibberish (pre-trained crap) & finally be told it will be waived in your next bill. Till then you have to pay full bill amount. Gosh, happy to help!
Old 14th May 2009, 17:24   #845
Distinguished - BHPian

I am not able to understand why everyone is moving from Airtel to Vodafone BB plans. Can someone highlight the main reasons in a gist?
Old 14th May 2009, 17:26   #846
Senior - BHPian

I am going to Vodafone too - next week by Sunday/ Monday I should be on the 299 plan from Vodafone
Old 14th May 2009, 22:10   #847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I am not able to understand why everyone is moving from Airtel to Vodafone BB plans. Can someone highlight the main reasons in a gist?
If you have used Airtel for 1 or 2 years and continue it at present, you will know the reasons very easily. The quality of service has dropped dramatically. There are many billing, network, support issues that are happening from December 2008, which is not fully resolved till today. I can boldly tell this because I used airtel for 2 years and moved to vodafone. My wifee and cousine still continue with airtel and gives me a chance to see the difference on a daily basis. Vodafone is not the best, but I find it better. I really doubt if we have any network provider to call the best !

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I am going to Vodafone too - next week by Sunday/ Monday I should be on the 299 plan from Vodafone
I am on the same plan with them. Its really money-saver ! I had the 899 plan earlier and hardly browsed on the phone. So, whatever I am getting in the present 299 plan were the only features used even in the 899 plan. So, for me I find a 600 Rs. saving each month !
Old 15th May 2009, 00:52   #848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
I currently have the 8830(Jan 09) and I am thinking of buying the 8220. I went to the Voda store in sec 34; they dont have it yet. Any body here who has played with 8220?
Its a lovely phone, its quite small and feature packed. I have used one and if you can live with the suretype keyboard its a no brainer. Its a good deal at about 18k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesomeone View Post
Thanks quickdraw, the browsing works now...next step is using the GPS..:-)
Bring it on!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post

Its not their fault
, I am pretty sure you've used the W@P browser instead of the normal BIS browser. And because the W@P browser the APN is used of the OP Server and its chargable by KB. In case of the 899 and 1099 plan its free and its complete hogwash that 899 plan is not applicable to you, stick to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Mine is a Pearl 8120.
My collegue has taken the Airtel 6 months unlimited BB package for 3799.

Not able to find a good one, search is still ON.
Thats about 630 bucks a month. Not too much of a saving in my books.

eBay for the puck/keychain I have mentioned it earlier in the thread do check.

Quote:
Guys i'm planning to shift to Vodafone too, 1099 unlimited plan or most probably i'll take the annual thing. What problems did you guys face with billing ? what do i tell the vodafone guys ??
Dont take the annual plan if you've just come onto BB's and also take the 899 plan instead of the 1099 its the exact same plan but its not advertised.
Old 15th May 2009, 01:18   #849
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Does Vodafone have a 899 plan ? i will shift by next week as my bill cycle ends. Oh btw i have just ordered a OEM charging cradle and a OEM red battery door for the bold from fommy.co.in, payment on delivery ... so i'm happy will update on the quality and delivery as soon as i get em.
Old 15th May 2009, 01:42   #850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does Vodafone have a 899 plan ? i will shift by next week as my bill cycle ends. Oh btw i have just ordered a OEM charging cradle and a OEM red battery door for the bold from fommy.co.in, payment on delivery ... so i'm happy will update on the quality and delivery as soon as i get em.
Yes Vodafone does have a 899 plan, I believe its called the Enterprise Plus plan.

Fommy.co.in is excellent although you should call beforehand to discuss about the stock status. Call and try and get in touch with mantosh he will help you out asap!
Old 15th May 2009, 13:53   #851
aZa
Senior - BHPian

My gtalk stopped working... although emails were coming in, can't open attachments. Browser is dead too althought airtel live wap works ... Bb messenger was also sedate. I thought something went wrong with the device. Then i called up the Airtel 7070 and they tell me its a PAN INDIA outage :O :???

is this for real ? anyone here on airtel BB experiencing the same?
Old 15th May 2009, 13:56   #852
BHPian

Quote:
My gtalk stopped working... although emails were coming in, can't open attachments. Browser is dead too althought airtel live wap works ... Bb messenger was also sedate. I thought something went wrong with the device. Then i called up the Airtel 7070 and they tell me its a PAN INDIA outage :O :???

I work for Airtel (though not in Mobile Segment) but still my BB is slow. Based in GGN.
Old 15th May 2009, 14:17   #853
aZa
Senior - BHPian

yeah its slow today.

@quickdraw : i spoke to the fommy guys, mantosh i beleive has left, Gaurav attended my call and told me that the order will be shipped on monday!
Old 15th May 2009, 14:24   #854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yes, its called a BlackBerry Outage. Its sometimes worldwide. Happens every once in a while in a couple of months when RIM is upgrading their servers. Dont fret everything will be back to normal in a while.

Do read :

HowStuffWorks "How BlackBerry Outages Work"

In other news the Storm 2 has been leaked!!

Blackberry Phones and Services in India-blackberrystorm21.jpg

Complete article and source : Exclusive: First Look at the BlackBerry Storm 2!! | CrackBerry.com

Yummy!
Old 15th May 2009, 14:43   #855
D-Man

Great one Quickdraw! I would love to lay my hands on that one. When Storm 1 came out I went ahead and purchased a 3g instead was trying to force myself to like it. I still hate spending $600 instead I would be happier on a Pearl.

BTW would that mean storm 1 shall be cheaper in india?

To add When i am logged in Gtalk my incomming calls are redirected to my VM! TATA has no solution to this. Does Voda and airtel give similar issues? i.e if some one is on browser or an app that uses data stream; incomming calls are diverted to voicemail and or busy tone is given to the caller.

Most Viewed