Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2009, 18:36   #1141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
When i select a number from my call list and press CALL button, phone exits to the same screen and does not go the calling screen. I have to do this 2-3 time before the actual call goes through.

It just happened 2-3 times till now. It's not a problem but a very minor irritant.What could be the problem? Time for a battery pull?
Try it. In fact install this s/w QuickPull. Will help you restart the phone without a physical pull. Never ever faced it on my Bold (assuming you still have the same phone).
Old 30th July 2009, 18:39   #1142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit View Post
Try it. In fact install this s/w QuickPull. Will help you restart the phone without a physical pull. Never ever faced it on my Bold (assuming you still have the same phone).
Thanks Mohit, yeah i am still with the same phone. Any linky to Quickpull?
Old 30th July 2009, 18:39   #1143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It just happened 2-3 times till now. It's not a problem but a very minor irritant.What could be the problem? Time for a battery pull?
I do a battery pull atleast once a week, not waiting for some freezing to happen. Other day I was scrolling through the ring tones, although the scroller went down fast, the player was going 5 to 10 seconds slower to play. I had also faced the same issue of selecting a number from the phone book and pressing the dial button, but taken back to the home screen, as if nothing happend. Similar things have been commented by my partner who is using a BOLD too ! But, not everyday, once in a while.
Old 30th July 2009, 21:03   #1144
Distinguished - BHPian

@Shaju, glad to know i am not alone in this rocky boat
Old 30th July 2009, 21:33   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Mohit, yeah i am still with the same phone. Any linky to Quickpull?
Steelthorn Software

Get the free version. Works fine.
Old 31st July 2009, 02:43   #1146
Distinguished - BHPian

I have always found best offical prices of cellphone in stores like The Mobile Store & Croma. My family members are on a BB 8900 buying spree, got the first one from Croma for 27,000... two days later I got another one from heera panna for 23,500 with bill & warranty !
Why is there such a large price difference if both are offical pieces? The 2nd phone had an MRP print of 24,990 which is still lower than what I actually paid for the first one from Croma... Two different MRPs for the same phone ??
Need to get another one tomo, can somone advice what is the correct price to pay for an offical piece? Also how much is the Bold for with warranty piece? Croma had it for 35k!
Old 31st July 2009, 02:46   #1147
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I have always found best offical prices of cellphone in stores like The Mobile Store & Croma. My family members are on a BB 8900 buying spree, got the first one from Croma for 27,000... two days later I got another one from heera panna for 23,500 with bill & warranty !
Why is there such a large price difference if both are offical pieces? The 2nd phone had an MRP print of 24,990 which is still lower than what I actually paid for the first one from Croma... Two different MRPs for the same phone ??
Need to get another one tomo, can somone advice what is the correct price to pay for an offical piece? Also how much is the Bold for with warranty piece? Croma had it for 35k!
did you buy unlocked versions or locked versions? the 8900 official unlocked version is 23k at heera panna. the bold official unlocked was 30k last time i checked, it may have gone up a bit.
Old 31st July 2009, 03:14   #1148
Senior - BHPian

I feel you should never buy any electronics from Chroma and such, they are usually way overpriced. Search for bargains. Also make sure the BB you purchase has a MRP sticker on the box and its written in Rupees and match the IMEI to the phone. The bill of where you bought it from doesnt matter, only that sticker does.
Old 31st July 2009, 03:16   #1149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sahil check the univerCell site out. It mentions the BB8900 @22595 and Bold for 29326 . I found some issues with the home page but other pages work fine. Even though they wont deliver to Mumbai this will give you an idea of the prices so u can bargain more.
Here is the link
UniverCell - The Mobile Expert - Buy Mobile phones, best mobile phone deals, cellphone accessories

You can also check out compare india to get an estimate of the prices :
Mobile Phones: Compare GSM Mobile Phones, Cell Phone Online at CompareIndia.com

Last edited by sammyboy : 31st July 2009 at 03:26.
Old 31st July 2009, 09:38   #1150
BHPian

Another online retailer I find good for checking latest prices is Wavetel Mobiles - Buy Nokia, Sony Mobile Phones Online at lowest price in chennai, India | largest number of Mobile Showrooms in chennai | Offering Mobile phones at Lowest Prices | Get Mobiles phones FREE Home Delivery Across India | Largest Mobile p
There prices are most of the time closest to street retailer prices.
Old 31st July 2009, 10:44   #1151

Croma is never way overpriced but then it never claims to be the cheapest.Its a small premium one pays for the peace of mind about it being a genuine product..the grey market is flooded with refurbished phones and believe me one cant even make out the difference.
Old 1st August 2009, 01:48   #1152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd_maverick View Post
Croma is never way overpriced but then it never claims to be the cheapest.Its a small premium one pays for the peace of mind about it being a genuine product..the grey market is flooded with refurbished phones and believe me one cant even make out the difference.
Thats quite ignorant my friend. If Chroma doesnt provide after-sales support for any of the products they sell (other then the cheap quality chroma branded stuff I've started seeing) then it makes no sense buying it from there. It makes more sense in looking out for a good deal and choose if you want the warrenty option.
Old 2nd August 2009, 11:45   #1153
Distinguished - BHPian

Can you use the Facebook app for BB on the Airtel/Vodafone299 BB plan?
Old 2nd August 2009, 13:35   #1154
BHPian

Quote:
Can you use the Facebook app for BB on the Airtel/Vodafone299 BB plan?
No. Neither can you use the browser or any 3rd party apps.

You can have 10 email accounts & use unlimited BB Messenger + Yahoo/MSN/ICQ/GTalk Messengers.
Old 2nd August 2009, 13:40   #1155
Team-BHP Support

ok guys can someone answer my questions for once.

picking up a bold tomorrow. the official unlocked version.

whats the easiest way to transfer all my contacts from my n95 to the bold?
where can i download msn messenger from?
what is a good site to download applications for the bold?
the plan i choose dosent have anything to do with the gps right? so if i get google maps itll work properly?

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 2nd August 2009 at 13:46.

Most Viewed