Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2009, 10:11   #1291
Team-BHP Support

upgraded to bbm. i like it much more than the earlier versions especially scanning the other bbs barcode to add a person to bbm.
Old 31st August 2009, 10:17   #1292
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
May I know why do you need the bill (for warrenty or to show as expenses) so I might be able to reccomend something.
The phones will be used for business purpose hence would prefer to get it with bill, besides having a bill makes warranty claims easier too. What are my options if I get without bill?

Also, any clue when the 8520 will be available on Vodafone or unlocked?
Old 31st August 2009, 10:33   #1293
Senior - BHPian

Should be available in the open market come October

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Where can I get the 8520 UNLOCKED with bill & warranty?
I checked with The mobile store and a few other retailers, all seem to have only Airtel locked phones.

Also need to get two BB's with bill & warranty for 10k or so, which model would fit in that budget and which retailer would stock it?

Had read in this thread few months back that Airtel was giving a buy one get one free sort of deal on the pearl for 22k or so, any other such deals on?
Am selling a pearl at less than half the price. check it out in the marketplace

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st September 2009 at 11:20. Reason: back to back posts, use multi quote please.
Old 31st August 2009, 21:22   #1294
Senior - BHPian

I remember someone mentioning fommy.co.in few pages back or may be few months back. I ordered a car charger for my BB 8120 (Rs.274) on 28th August Friday. While checking my order status today, I find its still under process. Contacted the chat support and the guy claims it will be shipped on 4th September, Friday (exactly 8th day after payment). I find it very disappointing. Its a very bad experience I got as a first-time buyer from them. You pay for something and receive the product on the 10th day or even later. I regret not ordering from Indiatimes (same product saving Rs.20/- and ready availability). Product code is SKU 8025 at fommy.

Last edited by shajufx : 31st August 2009 at 21:23.
Old 31st August 2009, 22:06   #1295
BHPian

I joined the bb gang and am loving it, 8520 on Vodafone, love the phoen, the track pad is awesome and the pine is LIGHT....

oops my pin 2118D221

Last edited by Jaggu : 31st August 2009 at 22:18. Reason: Back to back posts, edit original post instead. Thanks
Old 31st August 2009, 23:05   #1296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I remember someone mentioning fommy.co.in few pages back or may be few months back. I ordered a car charger for my BB 8120 (Rs.274) on 28th August Friday. While checking my order status today, I find its still under process. Contacted the chat support and the guy claims it will be shipped on 4th September, Friday (exactly 8th day after payment). I find it very disappointing. Its a very bad experience I got as a first-time buyer from them. You pay for something and receive the product on the 10th day or even later. I regret not ordering from Indiatimes (same product saving Rs.20/- and ready availability). Product code is SKU 8025 at fommy.
Actually it is like that, thats why I always advice people when they are actually ordering from fommy they should check if they have the product in stock, call and ask them! Before placing the order. Because out of stock items are requested from the UK warehouse and they get shipped to India then they get shipped to you. I also strongly urge people not to buy chargers and car chargers from fommy because you can get them locally (the motorola ones work just fine) and use it only for holsters, covers and docks. The batteries and otterbox along with a couple of other things are way overpriced.

Quote:
The phones will be used for business purpose hence would prefer to get it with bill, besides having a bill makes warranty claims easier too. What are my options if I get without bill?

Also, any clue when the 8520 will be available on Vodafone or unlocked?
If you need to bill it to business, you can proally ask your friendly mobile phone dealer to give you a bill for them. And like I said if you are not looking for the latest models (8220, 8900, 8520, 9000, 9500) you can get almost everything else for a very large discount, moreso you can get the Bold and Storm much much cheaper then the MRP's now a days. I am not quite sure when Vodafone is coming out with the 8520 but looking at how AirTel is hyping it as "exclusive" I guess it will take some time like Vodafone did with the "Storm Exclusive" I suggest you PM me and I can recommend something specific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe View Post
I joined the bb gang and am loving it, 8520 on Vodafone, love the phoen, the track pad is awesome and the pine is LIGHT....

oops my pin 2118D221
Added! Congratulations, It fills me with absolute joy to see so many people jumping on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Am selling a pearl at less than half the price. check it out in the marketplace
I think he was looking for a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritayan View Post
I am loving my 8520, its been a week now and i guess i am beginning to understand why people get addicted. I have been using WM for 2 years and the Nokia 5800 for 7 months but if mail integration is what you need BB is the best i guess.

Any one knows where to get free themes for my BB
I havent been a big fan of themes but there are loads on the BB Homepage, Crackberry and Berry Review mobile websites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
my pin number is 25019F72

Guys, planning to upgrade from a pearl to either Curve 8520 or 8900.
What's your pick?
Again it depends on your needs, the only basic difference is GPS. And if you going to be on the basic plan I suggest you go for the 8520 and if you are planning to be on the unlimited plan and would love to play around with latitude, mapping etc go for the 8900.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
upgraded to bbm. i like it much more than the earlier versions especially scanning the other bbs barcode to add a person to bbm.
W w what?

I upgraded to the stable 5.0 today and am totally loving it! Threaded SMS, lovely icons, new interface and so much more. Have to play around with it to see how it works out for me will keep you guys posted on this one.

P.S. Is anyone using Latitude on GMaps on their berries (iPhones & Anderoids?) I would love to add them its really fun to see people moving around on the map. PM me if you want to add me on Latitude.
Old 31st August 2009, 23:27   #1297
Distinguished - BHPian

quickdraw- I am not looking for any of the latest models.I'd prefer something like an 8310 but prices for that still seem pretty high.
Old 31st August 2009, 23:45   #1298
BHPian

My friend wants to purchase BB Curve. He has some query on BB:

1. Are these BB's SIM locked?
2. Can he use his existing Vodafone prepaid connection?
3. If unlocked by after market, will he void the warranty on the BB?
4. How much the BB curve cost?
5. Would you suggest the after market one's?
6. Do we have any dedicated BB outlet?
7. Who warrants the BB's?
Old 1st September 2009, 10:04   #1299
BHPian

to the best of my knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydude View Post
My friend wants to purchase BB Curve. He has some query on BB:

1. Are these BB's SIM locked?
No. But they could be Service provider locked.

2. Can he use his existing Vodafone prepaid connection?
Yes. Just have to tell Vodaphone you are now using a bb to avail all services.

3. If unlocked by after market, will he void the warranty on the BB?
Sounds like it just might.

4. How much the BB curve cost?
Ballpark rates of BBs

5. Would you suggest the after market one's?
I personally wouldn't (got 2 BB bolds replaced in one year for free by Airtel). It's all about taking chances.

6. Do we have any dedicated BB outlet?
Service Providers and other third party stores are all dedicated distributors of BB

7. Who warrants the BB's?
The seller on behalf of BB
Old 1st September 2009, 10:21   #1300
BHPian

Most of the time when I use my browser on my blackberry, it pops up a message saying "The XML is not well-formed"

7070 (Airtel BB customer care) has no idea what this even means. Trying to see if anyone else had this problem and how they have rectified it.

This is the error screen that pops up

edit - Using OS v4.6.0.282 (Platform 4.0.0.235)
Attached Thumbnails
Blackberry Phones and Services in India-dsc_0353.jpg  

Last edited by discobiscuit : 1st September 2009 at 10:22.
Old 1st September 2009, 12:14   #1301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
The batteries and otterbox along with a couple of other things are way overpriced.
I always go through the tougher road when it comes to such things be it a phone, body building supplement, a new car, always the bitter path ! Now I am getting used to it. I hope I am not paying 274 Rs. for something thats available for 100 Rs. locally !
Old 1st September 2009, 12:21   #1302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discobiscuit View Post
Most of the time when I use my browser on my blackberry, it pops up a message saying "The XML is not well-formed"

7070 (Airtel BB customer care) has no idea what this even means. Trying to see if anyone else had this problem and how they have rectified it.

This is the error screen that pops up

edit - Using OS v4.6.0.282 (Platform 4.0.0.235)
DOWNLOAD THIS:

Bolt Browser

The best browser according to me for the Blackberry is the Bolt, even better than the Opera Mini, for me, because you dont have to keep zooming in like the opera & also 'pan'ning is cumbersome in the opera. The bolt supports most web page formats and i have not faced problems as i used to in the BB browser. Try it!

Last edited by anilkalvani : 1st September 2009 at 12:24. Reason: typos
Old 1st September 2009, 13:14   #1303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
DOWNLOAD THIS:

Bolt Browser

The best browser according to me for the Blackberry is the Bolt, even better than the Opera Mini, for me, because you dont have to keep zooming in like the opera & also 'pan'ning is cumbersome in the opera. The bolt supports most web page formats and i have not faced problems as i used to in the BB browser. Try it!
thanks a lot buddy

it works wonders
Old 1st September 2009, 13:48   #1304
BHPian

Guys, got myself BB 8900 ! And my pin no is 2109E591.
Old 1st September 2009, 13:58   #1305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
quickdraw- I am not looking for any of the latest models.I'd prefer something like an 8310 but prices for that still seem pretty high.
You should be getting the 8310 for less than 10K now. I bought it a couple of months back from Airtel for 15K. Now they have introduced the 8520 for that price.

If you know someone in Airtel then that's the way to start.

Most Viewed