Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2009, 19:02   #1531
Senior - BHPian

I dont know whether this has already been posted on this thread or not but Guys just came across this news!!!
two newer models of Blackberry maybe launched in the near future!!!
Blackberry BOLD 2 & STORM 2!!!
Checkout these links

BlackBerry Bold 2 coming 21 October - mirror.co.uk

Blackberry Onyx to be Announced on T-Mobile, AT&T Oct 21 Unwired View

SOME PICTURES
Blackberry Phones and Services in India-storm-2-gsmarena_001.jpg

Blackberry Phones and Services in India-bold-2-bbonyx1009.jpg
Old 9th October 2009, 00:01   #1532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw
BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 is officially out! Download it from the BB Homepage on your BB.
Thanks for that, just downloading now!
<--- The barcode thing is pretty neat actually. Scan it with your camera and add the person to your messenger!

Last edited by mohit : 9th October 2009 at 00:03.
Old 9th October 2009, 14:41   #1533
BHPian

Ok guys have a problem. I downloaded the GTalk messenger on mom's 8520 and got the 299 pre-paid plan activated on the phone. But the error i get while signing in is that you are not authorised to use this application with your current plan. Anyone facing the same issues? Do i have to make changes in settings, etc.?

Please help me out.
Old 9th October 2009, 16:35   #1534
Senior - BHPian

Please also mention which network provider is used when you put such enquiries. Mine is a 299 plan from Vodafone, I never faced any issues with Yahoo, Google, Msn, BB messengers till now right from the time 299 plan was introduced.
Old 9th October 2009, 17:02   #1535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Please also mention which network provider is used when you put such enquiries. Mine is a 299 plan from Vodafone, I never faced any issues with Yahoo, Google, Msn, BB messengers till now right from the time 299 plan was introduced.
The carrier is Airtel. Plan activated: Personal Plan 299
Old 9th October 2009, 17:09   #1536
BHPian

Quote:
The carrier is Airtel. Plan activated: Personal Plan 299
Why did you d/l the Gtalk application. Was it not already there in your Instant messaging folder where you find windows live messenger, yahoo messenger, gtalk and BB messenger?

Try the Gtalk from this folder. It should work with the 299 plan ,since they claim it works.
Old 9th October 2009, 17:11   #1537
BHPian

@Anil,

Can you check if the EDGE is written in Capital letters on the phone... if its not, then gtalk wont connect on personal plan. You can disable / enable the mobile network from connections for further troubleshooting.

Anmol
Old 9th October 2009, 17:46   #1538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Why did you d/l the Gtalk application. Was it not already there in your Instant messaging folder where you find windows live messenger, yahoo messenger, gtalk and BB messenger?

Try the Gtalk from this folder. It should work with the 299 plan ,since they claim it works.
It was not there with the software on the phone. But yes, Gtalk is in the IM folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmolbedi View Post
@Anil,

Can you check if the EDGE is written in Capital letters on the phone... if its not, then gtalk wont connect on personal plan. You can disable / enable the mobile network from connections for further troubleshooting.

Anmol
yes, EDGE is there bro, i set up her email accounts online and have been chatting with her via BB messenger. But my sisters in the US don't have BB's (iPhone freaks) and they can chat with mom only via Yahoo Msngr, MSN and Gtalk.
Old 9th October 2009, 18:11   #1539
BHPian

Quote:
It was not there with the software on the phone. But yes, Gtalk is in the IM folder.

yes, EDGE is there bro, i set up her email accounts online and have been chatting with her via BB messenger. But my sisters in the US don't have BB's (iPhone freaks) and they can chat with mom only via Yahoo Msngr, MSN and Gtalk.
So , MSN and Ymessenger also don't work?
Old 9th October 2009, 18:14   #1540
Senior - BHPian

HI Anil, when i got my 8520, the messenger icon's were already there in the IM folder.
On clicking the links on it, it used my WiFi connection and downloaded and installed the messengers. I have since been able to use all messengers perfectly on the Airtel 299 plan.

Its possible that the BB is trying to download the messenger using the 299 plan and hence the error. Use the Wifi and then download the messengers from the links in the IM folder.Should work. All 3 messengers work flawlessly Yahoo, Gtalk and MSN along wit the BB msgr on the 299 Airtel plan
Old 9th October 2009, 18:30   #1541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
So , MSN and Ymessenger also don't work?
Ya all 3 don't work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
HI Anil, when i got my 8520, the messenger icon's were already there in the IM folder.
On clicking the links on it, it used my WiFi connection and downloaded and installed the messengers. I have since been able to use all messengers perfectly on the Airtel 299 plan.

Its possible that the BB is trying to download the messenger using the 299 plan and hence the error. Use the Wifi and then download the messengers from the links in the IM folder.Should work. All 3 messengers work flawlessly Yahoo, Gtalk and MSN along wit the BB msgr on the 299 Airtel plan
I will get back home by 8.30ish so i will try again and update.
Old 10th October 2009, 14:43   #1542
BHPian

How can i download BBM 5.0 on my phone?
I also have the 299 plan so its not allowing me to download OTA.
Generally, i just copy paste the OTA link into a software on the computer & download it but havnt found the OTA link for BBM 5.0
Someone help me out
Old 10th October 2009, 15:05   #1543
Team-BHP Support

try one of these

http://m.driftdevilstorm.com/bb/apps...5/5.0/BBM5.jad

BBHybrids Forums - Downloads - BBM 5.0.0.33 For OS 5.0.0
Old 10th October 2009, 16:52   #1544
Senior - BHPian

Just got a call from Reliance, they have launched the latest BB Tour. Hurrah, at last. Have booked mine already. Will be getting it by the 15th they said. Its 27,999/- and is a world phone with CDMA and a GSM connectivity.
Old 11th October 2009, 08:07   #1545
BHPian

Guys. Just got the Tour from states. it is unlocked. but not activated. On the top it says Activation required. I am using Vodafone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks